Monsoon Cycling; Is the word 'Wet" enough?

Shade_Wilder

Morning All

I am just back from a cycle, and cycling is where I do my thinking.

I cycle pretty much everyday; I force myself to take one day off every month to give the leg muscles a break, but that is never a happy day. Yes, I have become addicted to the Endorphins, but I am okay with that; I have an addictive personality and I could do a lot worse. Seriously, a LOT worse.

The last two days here have had torrential monsoon rain; everyone who lives in Thailand knows what I am talking about. It isn't rain in the sense that we knew it back in our native countries, but rather the equivalent of someone emptying a bucket on you from above. Two long days I sat in my house, itching to exercise, but it was all a bit too much.

This morning, on day three, I sad "F**k It!".

Yes, it was glorious! As I went up my Soi to the main road, I became drenched (not merely wet) to the bone. I turned the corner and sped off, or rather tried to speed off but the wind was directly in my face and cooking along at about 20-25 KPH. Nonetheless, I put my head down, revved up the old leg muscles, and plowed on ahead. I went full on for about 10 KM, gasping for breath, ignoring the tired and sore legs, and loving every second of it. Then, I turned around, used my big fat belly as a sail, and tore down the road as fast as humanly possible, or at least as fast as my bike could go.

I returned home and took off my shoes and socks; wringing out the socks added about an inch of water to the barrel. I took off my T-shirt, wrung it out s wall, and added another 2-3 inches of water to the bucket. Finally, the shorts and underwear were wrung and added yet another few inches of water; at the end I learned that I was carrying about 6 inches of water on me.

I LOVE monsoon cycling.

My question is this; do I need help?

Cheers All!

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Morning All

I cycle pretty much everyday; I force myself to take one day off every month to give the leg muscles a break, but that is never a happy day. Yes, I have become addicted to the Endorphins, but I am okay with that; I have an addictive personality and I could do a lot worse. Seriously, a LOT worse.

The last two days here have had torrential monsoon rain; everyone who lives in Thailand knows what I am talking about. It isn't rain in the sense that we knew it back in our native countries, but rather the equivalent of someone emptying a bucket on you from above. Two long days I sat in my house, itching to exercise, but it was all a bit too much.

Yes, it was glorious! As I went up my Soi to the main road, I became drenched (not merely wet) to the bone. I turned the corner and sped off, or rather tried to speed off but the wind was directly in my face and cooking along at about 20-25 KPH. Nonetheless, I put my head down, revved up the old leg muscles, and plowed on ahead. I went full on for about 10 KM, gasping for breath, ignoring the tired and sore legs, and loving every second of it. Then, I turned around, used my big fat belly as a sail, and tore down the road as fast as humanly possible, or at least as fast as my bike could go.

I returned home and took off my shoes and socks; wringing out the socks added about an inch of water to the barrel. I took off my T-shirt, wrung it out s wall, and added another 2-3 inches of water to the bucket. Finally, the shorts and underwear were wrung and added yet another few inches of water; at the end I learned that I was carrying about 6 inches of water on me.

I LOVE monsoon cycling.

Cheers All!

Here you do what you gotta do to stay sane. Seems like you’re helping yourself quite well. 

1 hour ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Morning All

I LOVE monsoon cycling.

Cheers All!

I admire your get up and go, my get up and go has got up and gone.

5 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Hahaha .. if you like cycling in the rain man then just do it , it's cool .. Thaiger Talk master joker Bluesofa is yer' maun when it comes to cycling .. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Hahaha .. if you like cycling in the rain man then just do it , it's cool .. Thaiger Talk master joker Bluesofa is yer' maun when it comes to cycling .. 

I see my name has been mentioned in jest.
I dunno if the OP needs help, I think he needs a raincoat. I avoid the rain if I can, I'm just a fair-weather cyclist.

As I'm getting back into the swing after the accident, earlier this week I did cycle 74km in three-and-a-half hours.
Pretty pleased with that, although it's a bit slower than it used to be. Perhaps I'm just becoming too much of a crumbly.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Oh I don't know, I think chocolate's a good source of energy.

and you'd need it too with that provocative bird in the bath letting one crumble over her lips .. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dedinbed said:

and you'd need it too with that provocative bird in the bath letting one crumble over her lips .. 

Oh, those lips. I follow you now.