News Forum - Pattaya restaurant busted serving alcohol for the fourth time

Thaiger

Fourth time’s the charm? After 3 previous raids with apparently little effect, the Pattaya Police have once again raided a restaurant near Bali Hai for breaking Covid-19 restrictions, selling alcohol and shisha. The raid took place last night and police found about 100 people at the restaurant that were not wearing masks, socially distancing, or taking any Covid-19 safety precautions. This time police named Sky Mountain restaurant as the venue that repeatedly ignores Covid-19 rules and restrictions and has been operating illegally. In this raid, police found about 100 customers, both Thai and foreign nationals, gathered to party, drinking despite […]

The story Pattaya restaurant busted serving alcohol for the fourth time as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Imagine if they were playing Bridge .. 

It would have been blown up already, especially if it was on the River Kwai.

• Haha 3

Curious, why were the customers not arrested this time, too much paperwork  for BIB or maybe they didn't want that publicity given the current climate and the fact Pattaya could be a wasteland by the time they lift this ridiculous alcohol ban. 

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Curious, why were the customers not arrested this time, too much paperwork  for BIB or maybe they didn't want that publicity given the current climate and the fact Pattaya could be a wasteland by the time they lift this ridiculous alcohol ban. 

Perhaps the customers were all policeman knowing full well nothing would happen to them

9 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

Why is this news? Reporting each and every incident is getting tiresome. Who really cares anyway?

I care if people like that prolong this mess of a pandemic and its rules and restrictions.  Fine them a few million Baht and maybe they will get the message that Covid is not a joke 

4 hours ago, Cathat said:

a small contribution to the police benevolent fund should clear up this  misunderstanding.nothing to see here.

better if its a very big one

6 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I care if people like that prolong this mess of a pandemic and its rules and restrictions.  Fine them a few million Baht and maybe they will get the message that Covid is not a joke 

Better you lock yourself forever at home. Life can be dangereous out there, no joke. 

Didn't know you had to wear a mask whilst eating and drinking and sit 2m away from each other..... me thinks this is why no arrests made, because it wouldn't get anywhere and they would have to test every drink for alcohol and prove it was the customer's.

Easier to prove the restaurant is serving alcohol or allowing it to be consumed.

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

This time police named Sky Mountain restaurant as the venue that repeatedly ignores Covid-19 rules

No limit to their non compliance then .. 

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The message is clear. The days of Thailand catering to barflys is over.

Theyd rather have less money than go back to the way things were. Dont tell me about people losing jobs. The alcohol industry harms way more than it contributes. 

The average Thai Person feels embarassed for the drunken slobs that used to come in droves and is more than willing to sacrifice the 500bt they spend at the pub and 400bt on a scummy guesthouse in order to clean up their countrys reputation.

If you're offended by this then youre probably the type of person theyre trying to dissuade from coming. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

If you're offended by this then youre probably the type of person theyre trying to dissuade from coming. 

Much better to become a small obedient servant country to Chinese tourists and factory owners. That is the way forward! 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Much better to become a small obedient servant country to Chinese tourists and factory owners. That is the way forward! 🤣

Certainly more profitable. 😉

17 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

The message is clear. The days of Thailand catering to barflys is over.

Theyd rather have less money than go back to the way things were. Dont tell me about people losing jobs. The alcohol industry harms way more than it contributes. 

The average Thai Person feels embarassed for the drunken slobs that used to come in droves and is more than willing to sacrifice the 500bt they spend at the pub and 400bt on a scummy guesthouse in order to clean up their countrys reputation.

I’m not offended by this post at all. I’m just concerned for your health in posting such comments. Are you ok? Please feel free to reach out to me if you need support. Alternatively, you can visit this website:

Good luck and please don’t delay 

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/advice-for-life-situations-and-events/where-to-get-urgent-help-for-mental-health/