Pattaya Imigration closed.

Marble-eye

Just been down to Jomptien Immigration and the gates were closed with a sign which read "closed from the 5th to the 10th" opening on the 11th.

Apparently there has been a covid outbreak there, looks like it will be hellish on the 11th, I wonder how much grace in days they will allow us before fining us?

My wife took this photo, not very clear but it's the best I've got.

ce04d56ab62f5ac3c68cf45e53cec6f9.0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

12 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Apparently there has been a covid outbreak there, looks like it will be hellish on the 11th, I wonder how much grace in days they will allow us before fining us?

If your 90 day or extension renewal dates are due when an office is closed, there shouldn't be any penalties for applying late. They should allow a couple of days grace when they open.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

17 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Just been down to Jomptien Immigration and the gates were closed with a sign which read "closed from the 5th to the 10th" opening on the 11th.

My wife took this photo, not very clear but it's the best I've got.

ce04d56ab62f5ac3c68cf45e53cec6f9.0.jpg

Being closed for 4 working days, I would hope that during the next few days of heavy queuing, they'll be turning a blind eye towards reporting stamps dated 5 to 10, by allowing you to be the corresponding number of days late. I'm sure, if the closure had happened at my Sakon Nakhon office, that they would have been offering more than sufficient fair grace.

Best wishes, @Marble-eye, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

24 minutes ago, Faz said:

If your 90 day or extension renewal dates are due when an office is closed, there shouldn't be any penalties for applying late. They should allow a couple of days grace when they open.

I am guessing that he didn't turn up on day 5 after his reporting date, so he should 'grace days' to play with anyway - on top of the closure days (as they made it clear that you cannot report elsewhere).

• Like 1

Yesterday (Thursday) was total chaos according to Richard Barrow, thinking of going in this afternoon but I suspect it will still be chock-a-block. My 90 day report was scheduled for the 6th which was a Saturday so is it 7 working days after that, which would make it next Tuesday if so. Oh what joy.😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And really just to finalise this thread, went down to Jomptian Imigration about 2ish (usually the quietest time) and they were queueing down the soi towards the beach, how far I don't know, turned the bike around immediately and headed for an agent. He looked at my passport and told me after today that I would be on overstay and for a member of his staff to report for me would cost 1000 baht, but hey, worth every penny to get rid of all the hassle.

I don't think that there is any need to keep this topic open now that the Immigration office is open again so would a mod kindly close, thanks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

And really just to finalise this thread, went down to Jomptian Imigration about 2ish (usually the quietest time) and they were queueing down the soi towards the beach, how far I don't know, turned the bike around immediately and headed for an agent. He looked at my passport and told me after today that I would be on overstay and for a member of his staff to report for me would cost 1000 baht, but hey, worth every penny to get rid of all the hassle.

I don't think that there is any need to keep this topic open now that the Immigration office is open again so would a mod kindly close, thanks.

I wish that all those anti agent, holier than thou, followers would read this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1