Is the US Warship really in a Chinese desert ?

gummy

According this BBC news article the Chinese have built a mock-up US warship in a desert. I wonder ?

Well we know how much fake news is around today so given the US Navy's naval skills ( 🙃 ) in navigation, especially after the US Subs skipper just got sacked for hitting an unnoticed massive undersea mountain range !!! perhaps this is just another US skipper who beached is boat accidently and they are making it out to be as if the Chinese are up to something ?

Satellite images appear to show mock-up US warships in China desert - BBC News

Same as that face on mars thing?

https://imgc.allpostersimages.com/img/posters/the-face-on-mars_u-L-PZMLSE0.jpg?artHeight=550&artPerspective=n&artWidth=550&background=ffffff

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its on rails making it movable . 

Obvious thing would be target practice for the Chinese air force .

Something that big may be required for US pilots considering how they bombed the wrong targets in Iraq and Afghanistan but I would think the Chinese are more skilful and would only need something like a Frigate, not an aircraft carrier. 

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Something that big may be required for US pilots considering how they bombed the wrong targets in Iraq and Afghanistan but I would think the Chinese are more skilful and would only need something like a Frigate, not an aircraft carrier. 

Why do you think that the Chinese pilots would be more skillful pilots  than USA pilots ?

It makes sense to have targets in the shape of things they would be attacking , 

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

25 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its on rails making it movable . 

Obvious thing would be target practice for the Chinese air force .

They might just mark a big "red X" in the sand rather than build a structure to blow to pieces.

Maybe we're all wrong and it's a "bat sanctuary"?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

They might just mark a big "red X" in the sand rather than build a structure to blow to pieces.

Maybe we're all wrong and it's a "bat sanctuary"?

A big red X wouldnt have an engine room , ammunition chambers , a fuel supply or other targets like a boat would have 

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

A big red X wouldnt have an engine room , ammunition chambers , a fuel supply or other targets like a boat would have 

True Fluke. My mistake. Forgot it might want to sail away when the bombs arrive 🤭

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

True Fluke. My mistake. Forgot it might want to sail away when the bombs arrive 🤭

An aircraft carrier wouldn't be able to escape from a jet fighter , jet fighters can go faster than a boat , sailing away wouldn't be an option 

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

An aircraft carrier wouldn't be able to escape from a jet fighter , jet fighters can go faster than a boat , sailing away wouldn't be an option 

I'm going to have a sugary donut, because I used up all my energy on irony already 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I thought you had the sugar-free one to sit on 😂

I think you are getting confused with the Dow chemicals enjoyment cushions my wife has 😂