Jump to content

can I convert 30 day no visa entry to retirement visa


Recommended Posts

For many years I've had either a retirement visa or married to a Thai visa before returning to states in 2020 during Thailand covid lockdowns.  My retirement visa issued in Chiang Mai in 2020 has expired. With problems getting my retirement visa issued in time for departure from USA (yes, my documents have been submitted online for the non immigrant O A visa and airline ticket is issued for departure December 8), is it possible to convert a 30 day entry to a retirement visa after arriving in Thailand? Thanks, Busqueezo sends

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can enter Visa exempt (30 days) and apply for a change of status to Non Immigrant (0) based on retirement or Thai spouse, at a local Immigration office. You must have a Non Imm type Visa to apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement/Thai spouse. (A permit, not a Visa).

The procedures to apply for a Non O is here;  VE-TV to Non O Retirement.pdf  VE-TV to Non O Spouse.pdf

Within the last 30 days of the 90 days granted by the Non O you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use