When arriving into the Phuket sandbox (thailand pass)

bennytenson

Hey guys, 

I'm arriving into Phuket on the 19th of November and I got a MSG from my hotel (kudo hotel) that they offer a service that can organize a "VIP Arrival Fast Track Service". They are telling me that its going to take HOURS to get through the immigration and PCR test service. They are asking 2140THB for this. 

I'm flying business class so I would expect that "Fast Track" would be already possible for me but I'm not sure with all the changes. 

Do you think that this is just a money grab scam from the hotel or is it wise to take the service.

PS : When I applied for the Thailand pass 3 days ago for the "test and go" visa I didn't get a approval until now but when I applied for the "Phuket Sandbox" today I got approved within seconds (also changed some png's to jpgs, don't know if this helped too). It didn't matter which of the 2 visa's I would get because I'm staying only in Phuket and staying in a SHA+ hotel everyday anyhow.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tjampman said:

It sounds a bit like a money grap. From what I have heard, the testing in Phuket is fairly streamlined.

Perhaps they can move you to the front, but you will still be quarantined in you room when you get there so what's the rush?

I asked the hotel and they receive the results for the PCR test between 18:00 and 21:00 on the same day meaning that you can go outside the same night of arrival. So a speedy process would be nice :)

• Like 1