What's the deal with the Isuzu lorries with 100,000 mirrors?

ThailandBob

But no taillights. 

Seriously, are those pimped out lorries owned by the driver? Some of the artwork and stainless fabrication on those things is amazing. Seems like it would be too expensive for a driver, but on the other hand, if the truck was company-owned, I think they wouldn't want to spend the money to personalize their vehicles.

And the mirrors but no taillights is no joke. Nothing worse than flying down Petchamkasem and coming up on a totally unlighted semi.

Edited by ThailandBob
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ThailandBob said:

But no taillights. 

Seriously, are those pimped out lorries owned by the driver? Some of the artwork and stainless fabrication on those things is amazing. Seems like it would be too expensive for a driver, but on the other hand, if the truck was company-owned, I think they wouldn't want to spend the money to personalize their vehicles.

And the mirrors but no taillights is no joke. Nothing worse than flying down Petchamkasem and coming up on a totally unlighted semi.

Owned by proud owner-drivers, I'm pretty sure, @ThailandBob. If company-owned, like you say, there'd be more crucial things to spend the probably limited cash resource on. Maybe the drivers enter their customised trucks at festivals and competitions . . . wouldn't surprise me!

Really don't know, but they look impressive & damn expensive. Must give them very good vision of the road - if they have adjusted them correctly!

• Like 1

They are involved in a lot of the accidents where someone hits a parked truck that did not have their lights on. Whenever driving in Thailand at night (especially in the rain), I always drive in the outside/right lane.

• Like 1