Insurance Certificates Not Accepted Los Angeles Embassy

lawatcher99

Los Angeles, USA Thai Embassy is NOT ACCEPTING insurance certificates generated by approved insurance providers for travel visas.  Thai Embassy Los Angeles saying the blank insurance certificate on the embassy website must be provided to insurance company who must sign and stamp it.  Approved Insurance companies and travelers saying opposite, that APPROVED insurer generated certificates stamped and signed are acceptable for Thai Visas. Anyone have any experiences?  From LA or other embassies?  I am applying for 90-day, Non-Immigrant O visa and certificate from insurer has all required amounts etc. 

• Like 1

Unless you are desperate to get to Thailand, as with many other issues, my advice is 'wait'.  Things are a disaster at the moment - the rules keep changing and the Thai bureaucracy is struggling to keep everyone updated worldwide.  If you can wait - then wait until it all settles down. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lawatcher99 said:

I am applying for 90-day, Non-Immigrant O visa and certificate from insurer has all required amounts etc. 

Foreign Insurance company > 400,000 inpatient > 40,000 outpatient > signed foreign Insurance certificate form, OR, purchase from the approved Thai Insurers website https://longstay.tgia.org/ 

The applicants must submit the following:

• Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:
    (a) In case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy document with 2 copies;
    (b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org
  • Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form

The above Health Insurance requirement for the Non Imm O Visa, not to be confused with the $50,000 USD Medical Insurance required for entry to Thailand.

@lawatcher99 For what reason are you applying for the Non Imm O 90 day Visa.

• Like 1

I had no problem with a foreign insurer certificate (AXA through HeyMondo.com) going through the L.A. Consulate. As long as it's stamped and signed it doesn't have to be on the blank form. This was about 5 weeks ago, though, so things could have changed in the interim.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesE said:

I had no problem with a foreign insurer certificate (AXA through HeyMondo.com) going through the L.A. Consulate. As long as it's stamped and signed it doesn't have to be on the blank form. This was about 5 weeks ago, though, so things could have changed in the interim.

I suspect he's using the $50,000 Medical Insurance, rather than the 400/40K Health Insurance policy.

• Like 1