News Forum - Despite errors, over 65,000 have applied for Thailand Pass

Thaiger

Despite a rash of technical issues, in just 4 days since launching the Thailand Pass, over 65,000 people have applied for it in order to reenter Thailand. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported the figures yesterday and stated that 13,000 people have already been approved in the new scheme. From November 1 until yesterday morning, 65,338 applications for the Thailand Pass were submitted online, and 12,607 were approved so far, according to the Director-General of the Department of Information at the Ministry. The Foreign Affairs Ministry is working now with help from the Digital Government Development Agency to make improvements […]

The story Despite errors, over 65,000 have applied for Thailand Pass as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

From November 1 until yesterday morning, 65,338 applications for the Thailand Pass were submitted online, and 12,607 were approved so far,

I in 5 .! way too slow and cumbersome .. if they want this to work they need to speed it up .. alot ..

• Cool 1

17 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I in 5 .! way too slow and cumbersome .. if they want this to work they need to speed it up .. alot ..

Perhaps working exactly as intended?

In PR terms the country is open, so the ones asking for this are off their back.

But as they must be aware, vaccine protection is way below what is required, so they may artificially be limiting the numbers by creating hoops and bottlenecks.

Unfortunately, they forgot about the domestic travelers messing things up as, contrary to the official lowering numbers, we see Covid clusters and higher numbers just about everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Got lost in the IT maze so have given up for this year - will go somewhere else for Xmas.

• Cool 1

Maybe they could just revert to the old way. A vaccination stamp in the back of the passport and all is good. Every country, my own included, have to accept a level of risk. We do that every day. 

• Like 1

So of the 13000 controlled, 397 were not approved. I Wonder how that comes. Fault of the people or software flaws.

anyhow, those people are there with their airline tickets and hotel booking. I bope they can get a refund.

My application successfully submitted by 11:30am 1st Nov Thai time yet not among the 12,500 approvals so far. Did  they really receive more than 12,500 applications within the first 2 and a half hours, before mine? Are they processing applications in the order in which they are submitted? I fear not! Due to fly 12th Nov. Starting to panic now as desperate to see my 11 year old daughter who I haven’t seen for 18 months...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alavan said:

So of the 13000 controlled, 397 were not approved. I Wonder how that comes. Fault of the people or software flaws.

anyhow, those people are there with their airline tickets and hotel booking. I bope they can get a refund.

I submitted an applicaiton which was quite straight forward but I did have an io problem (idiot operator) as I booked and submiited the wrong date for the SHA+ hotel  so I am expecting a not approved 

2 hours ago, Laocoboy2 said:

Got lost in the IT maze so have given up for this year - will go somewhere else for Xmas.

Say hello to Santa and send a trip report.

Have a nice time.

Surprised to read that 65000 people have applied and not even 25% got approved. Yesterday I applied for the Thailand Pass, and immediately got an e-mail telling me that they had received my registration. Within a minute there was a second e-mail with an attached PDF and Thailand Pass QR Code. My registration was approved. It all happened with the speed of light. No errors, no waiting, no hassles.

I got this mail 2 November at 0809 GMT+1

"

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *"

Since then... nothing

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Within a minute there was a second e-mail with an attached PDF and Thailand Pass QR Code. My registration was approved. It all happened with the speed of light.

Hi Jay, do you have any tips & tricks? special e-mail address, browser, ...?

We applied for Thailand Pass in the evening of November 1st. And send another 3 applications since then. Every time we received the registration notification, but nothing else. Our flight departs on Monday Morning and meanwhile I am afraid we need to cancel it meaning that we will lose a lot of money for pre-paid hotels, PCR tests etc... :(

I noticed they have updated the Q&A page on their website and published details if you need to contact them for support.

https://medium.com/thailand-pass/where-do-i-contact-for-thailand-pass-support-1636daadc180

I applied for a pass for myself and my Thai wife on Tuesday evening, my wife got the generic registration email straight away and I've had nothing so far. I'm going to wait it out for the full 7 days though as I'm not travelling until later in the month.

I hope that all those leaving in the next few days manage to get their passes sorted in time.

Edited by mrengthai
  • Like 1

“over65,000 people have applied” - success is measured by the percentage approved, not the number applied. Hopefully Thailand can work out the kinks sooner than later. 

I applied morning of the 1st only received acknowledgement email thus far. I'm scheduled to fly afternoon of the 8th, I'm getting impatient.

well, as if impossible, I tried for 3-4 hours to get my information to enter into the TP system on the first day it started, the 1st of November. I already have a COE complete and ready, but I was hoping to get the new hotness. I gave up after the API errors, and no success messages or anything, then today I get a email saying your Travel Pass is ready, and I clicked the link and was able to print the pass out. I never even got all my information uploaded? This is one screwed up system. I didn't even complete enrollment, but got a Thailand pass. I'll take it with me, but I doubt I will even try to use it.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Surprised to read that 65000 people have applied and not even 25% got approved. Yesterday I applied for the Thailand Pass, and immediately got an e-mail telling me that they had received my registration. Within a minute there was a second e-mail with an attached PDF and Thailand Pass QR Code. My registration was approved. It all happened with the speed of light. No errors, no waiting, no hassles.

Wow your so lucky 

Until you get here and find the fun factory is closed still.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Johnb said:

My application successfully submitted by 11:30am 1st Nov Thai time yet not among the 12,500 approvals so far. Did  they really receive more than 12,500 applications within the first 2 and a half hours, before mine? Are they processing applications in the order in which they are submitted? I fear not! Due to fly 12th Nov. Starting to panic now as desperate to see my 11 year old daughter who I haven’t seen for 18 months...

Why didn't you do ASQ or go to Koh Samui? I don't understand why people who say they are "desperate" to see someone, didn't go earlier. Even if it wasn't convenient. 

3 hours ago, Sabrina said:

We applied for Thailand Pass in the evening of November 1st. And send another 3 applications since then. Every time we received the registration notification, but nothing else. Our flight departs on Monday Morning and meanwhile I am afraid we need to cancel it meaning that we will lose a lot of money for pre-paid hotels, PCR tests etc... :(

For what it is worth: We use the firefox browser on a macbook-pro. The screenshots of .PDF pages give the jpeg files that were uploaded. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I keep my fingers crossed!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Wow your so lucky 

Until you get here and find the fun factory is closed still.... 

Just going home........ For me Europe provides the fun factories

10 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Perhaps working exactly as intended?

In PR terms the country is open, so the ones asking for this are off their back.

Exactly @Bob20  I’ve been saying this for some time. This is a cynical and calculated ploy by the government.

Of course Thailand is open without quarantine. Well sort of. Only quarantined for one night. Well, when we say one night, it could be two. Well when we say two we mean could be 10 or more if you test positive. But yes, we are fully open and nothing to see here other than positive news. 

So as the world can see, Thailand is progressive and leading the way once again.  Now how about you London and New York investors buying some government bonds or lending us some really cheap money. We are an open and progressive society just like you you see (Stage left with a smile and a Wai) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jay said:

May I ask in what country did you apply in. US, U.K., an EU country? 

4 hours ago, Sabrina said:

Sabrina - did you send the Vax QR codes separately as well as the vax certificate ? ie take a pic of JUST the codes and upload below your vax status letter. So 4 uploads on the vax page.

8 hours ago, Thommo said:

I submitted an applicaiton which was quite straight forward but I did have an io problem (idiot operator) as I booked and submiited the wrong date for the SHA+ hotel  so I am expecting a not approved 

Don't lose hope - I sent them a 30 day medical certificate to cover a 90 day stay - got approved ! Just hope you get the same checker that just wants to get home ! 

• Like 1