News Forum - Airports of Thailand expects 726,000 passengers in November, mostly domestic

Thaiger

The president of Airports of Thailand says the country’s airports can expect around 726,000 passengers this month, following Thailand’s re-opening. However, Nitinai Sirismatthakarn says most of those will be domestic travellers, with around 270,529 expected from overseas. The Bangkok Post reports that 31 flights, carrying around 2,600 passengers, landed at Suvarnabhumi yesterday. Around 1,500 were international arrivals. Meanwhile, Anucha Nakasai from the PM’s Office says over 30,000 people have now registered under the Thailand Pass system, despite the glitches reported by some. Anucha has also reassured users that their data is safe, adding that the system’s security meets European standards. […]

The story Airports of Thailand expects 726,000 passengers in November, mostly domestic as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

At least with these low numbers all those predicting the covidalypse will shortly be proved wrong and we can all just get on with living normally again. 

So because of the reopening the numbers wil rise so he try to blame the tourist for bringing it they be tested 2 time he beter look at his poor job 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

At least with these low numbers all those predicting the covidalypse will shortly be proved wrong and we can all just get on with living normally again. 

Then the Baht will strengthen again and we expats are up the creek; again. I prefer covid restrictions and no tourists  to a bad exchange rate. Harsh I know, but I didn't come here to be a social activist.  

Edited by Pinetree

1 minute ago, Pinetree said:

Then the Baht will strengthen again and we expats are up the creek; again. I prefer covid restrictions and no tourists  to a bad exchange rate. Harsh I know, but I didn't come here to be a social activist.  

If your life comfort is threatened by a few baht difference in FX rates I'd suggest you're living dangerously. 

Harsh I know .......🤔

• Like 2

Thought arrival numbers would be up on the previous day. 

As for the 30,000 registrations, they would be over an extended period into next year also, so nothing to cheer about yet.

Hopefully many are on the wait and see before committing.

• Like 3

I think with these imaginary predications it must be for domestic Thai consumption only as educated foreigners would possibly be more objective and realistic in their estimates concerning foreign travel.

5 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

If your life comfort is threatened by a few baht difference in FX rates I'd suggest you're living dangerously. 

Harsh I know .......🤔

I don't consider a 25% deduction in exchange rate, in just 3 years, up to the start of the pandemic,  'a few Baht'.  It screwed a lot of people here, and although I agree that as an expat,  you can't focus on X rate as a killer, it sure doesn't help, as many people come here for a cheaper life style. Add a general increase of living costs in the last 2 years of close to 20%, off set at the moment by a good expat rate,  and if it reverses, it becomes a big issue again for many. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

I don't consider a 25% deduction in exchange rate, in just 3 years, up to the start of the pandemic,  'a few Baht'.  It screwed a lot of people here, and although I agree that as an expat,  you can't focus on X rate as a killer, it sure doesn't help, as many people come here for a cheaper life style. Add a general increase of living costs in the last 2 years of close to 20%, off set at the moment by a good expat rate,  and if it reverses, it becomes a big issue again for many. 

I guess it would depend on what currencies you're dealing with. Inflation is everywhere too. 

Tourists from China will be not allowed minimum til end of 2022 or mid 2023 Til March 2022 only 400 international flights are alliwed for whole China abd heavily restricted for business people or other urgent issues. And by the way China is in an lockdown madness at the moment.

2nd report inside the news

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Anucha has also reassured users that their data is safe, adding that the system’s security meets European standards.

I wonder if the words stuck in his throat having to effectively admit they were adhering to foreign standards.

• Haha 1

The only travel that my family will be doing is driving from Sakon Nakhon to Udon Thani for the Mvax!

I refuse to participate  and support this Govt new revenue schemes /restrictions!

The beach is just gonna have to wait!😷

Am I missing something, or does the AoT estimate approx. 9,000 foreigners arriving and/or flying each day this month? Seems excessive given only 30,000 ThaiPass applicants.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I guess it would depend on what currencies you're dealing with. Inflation is everywhere too. 

Prices have gone up here ! Fruit and Vegetables prices  are up considerably because of the flooding !

The young lady of the house mouth waters every time we go by a Durian stand  but she won’t budge to stop,because of the prices.

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, Tea said:

Am I missing something, or does the AoT estimate approx. 9,000 foreigners arriving and/or flying each day this month? Seems excessive given only 30,000 ThaiPass applicants.

Don't expect they are able to count. There are always fantastic results also at the total of spending from the tourists . I remember their numbers from the phuket sandbox when diveded through the tourists arrivals every tourist spended 270 000 baht a day.