60 Day tourist Visa for UK citizen - some questions

Dodgey

Going to Thailand in Dec for 57 days. Thought I'd apply online for a 60 day tourist visa.

Was all going well until it started asking for document scans for all kinds of stuff I can't get:

- Financial evidence - I can do a bank statement of course, no probs. My partner, who will have to do a seperate application, relies on my financially - her bank statement will show very little - does it matter?

- Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)  - I don't get this?

- Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport  = WTAF? I'm backpacking, stayign in randmon places

- Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency. - Huh? doesn't my passport confirm my residency?

Any advice greatefully received.

• Like 1

A little update - 

- financial - I'll just wire across £1k to my partners' account and print a statement pdf

- legal residence - searching other forums talls me passport is good enough

- Identity of person asking to stay - another copy of hotel booking

- Application residency proof - council tax bill, Partner will use her NHS letter. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, Dodgey said:

Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)  - I don't get this?

I believe this refers to a situation such as the following example:

You are let’s say an Italian National currently residing and possibly working in London. You apply to the Thai Embassey in London for a 70-day tourist visa. Under such circumstances you would need evidence to show you are legally resident in the U.K.  presumably you would have a work permit of some other document showing this. If you are a U.K. National and apply in the U.K. at the London Thai embassy then my understanding is this part is irrelevant to you. 

I hope that clarifies that point at least? 

• Like 1