News Forum - Phuket tourism operators expect 1 million visitors in first quarter of 2022

Thaiger

The head of the Phuket Tourist Association is optimistic about Thailand’s re-opening to vaccinated tourists from 63 countries, which starts today. Bhummikitti Raktaengam predicts the southern island will see 1 million foreign tourists in the first quarter of next year. “Bookings in November increased by 20%, while the load factor for some international flights will also rise to 80%, thanks to fewer travel rules for low-risk countries and the winter season.” According to a Bangkok Post report, Phuket Airport will welcome 825 international flights from 17 airlines this month. Last month, 562 flights from 11 carriers touched down on the […]

The story Phuket tourism operators expect 1 million visitors in first quarter of 2022 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

where do these people get the numbers from, I think they have to make something up to justify the position they hold. So the Phuket govt said 3m tourists in Q1 2019 and they think 1m will come. The Chinese are not allowed to come by their own govt because of the Winter Olympics, they dont want new strains of any type of virus. India and Russia are not on the list of exempt countries. These 3 countries make up a large portion of people who travel to Thailand. How many families are going to come if you have to pay a large one day hotel bill and wait for a negative PCR test. Not going to happen. I want to come for a holiday, but I think I will wait til next year sometime

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I wonder just how these guys who get into some sort of type of power here become such tall talking putzes.

Money my friend MONEY.

Fill the right size of envelope hand it to the right person and your in.

Back on topic 1 million tourists my Ar$e I sometimes wonder if they are actually laughing as they make these nonsensical  statements. Better to shut up and wait to see..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

That would be a 20% increase over September? A month that was depressed in advance of the new openings? 

IIRC there were some 30,000 in September of which a third were "foreign tourists".

So 20% more would be another 2,000 foreign tourists .....

Let's hope so, as otherwise their eagerly awaited Christmas holiday could easily turn into a holiday from Hell and they'll never come back again.

Far better for everyone for tourists to go to somewhere that's ready, prepared, and a known quantity like Portugal.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Money my friend MONEY.

Back on topic 1 million tourists my Ar$e I sometimes wonder if they are actually laughing as they make these nonsensical  statements. Better to shut up and wait to see..

I think it is a matter of how big your tall tale makes your nose look. At least it is not associated with weenies. 

image.png.7b98838b045cd9d104d63070e4c5a9fb.pngimage.png.618b61bc20a60aae75d9f3f974f747d9.png

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Money my friend MONEY.

Well prove be that the loonies are running the asylum

It's certainly getting busier down here in Rawai, I visited a condo project Sunday about midday and the car parks were full, never seen as many bikes parked up

21 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

It's certainly getting busier down here in Rawai, I visited a condo project Sunday about midday and the car parks were full, never seen as many bikes parked up

The world is waking up so is Thailand. Thumbs up

• Like 1

As usual, over optimistic wishful thinking.

Nothing short of pure, undiluted excrement.

THAILAND PASS = RE HASHED C.O.E. = NO SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS!

Good luck to everyone, really hope I'm wrong!

• Like 1

The chief of Thailand's northern hoteliers' association was forced to admit on Sunday that there were no foreign bookings at their hotels.

next....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Money my friend MONEY.

The thing is mate they can say anything they like. As was discussed on another topic, there is simply no accountability. No one in government will hold him accountable. No television news reporter will stick a mic in his face and ask how did he get the prediction so wrong (reporter would be threatened with defamation or worse). The business owners who could gear up for such arrivals and lose money won’t dare go to his office and demand compensation or even an apology. The fact is that these entitled people could say the sun will rise in the West and nothing will happen. I just don’t know how such things square with the notion of “loss of face”. If I got as many things wrong in my work as these people do, I would resign through embarrassment. I guess they have no shame? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The thing is mate they can say anything they like. As was discussed on another topic, there is simply no accountability. No one in government will hold him accountable. No television news reporter will stick a mic in his face and ask how did he get the prediction so wrong (reporter would be threatened with defamation or worse). The business owners who could gear up for such arrivals and lose money won’t dare go to his office and demand compensation or even an apology. The fact is that these entitled people could say the sun will rise in the West and nothing will happen. I just don’t know how such things square with the notion of “loss of face”. If I got as many things wrong in my work as these people do, I would resign through embarrassment. I guess they have no shame? 

I think the way it works is that they do their research and come up with X. However, the Minister wants 4X, and tells TAT, that if they can only bring X, he will get someone else to do the job. So they go away, look at the figures again, and suddenly, they they are able to quadruple their earlier estimate. 

Minister is pleased and all keep their jobs until the next quarter, where it becomes rinse and repeat.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jason said:

PS...India is now on the list of accepted countries...

Shocking! How much money do they think the Cheap Charlies from India will contribute??  All said and done, only 2 wealthy Indians are coming, that too on a Chartered Cesssna😀

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Shocking! How much money do they think the Cheap Charlies from India will contribute??  All said and done, only 2 wealthy Indians are coming, that too on a Chartered Cesssna😀

They've cancelled. @Griff1315 won't let them share one seat 🤭

• Haha 4

Just now, Brownie said:

Bugger! Well in that case we’ll just buy our own plane, maybe Griff’s!

Give Thai Airways a call. They want to get rid of some cheaply. 😉

• Haha 2