News Forum - Consular Deparment FAQ on Thailand Pass entry November 1

Thaiger

A thorough infographic of the Thailand Pass process was released by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for people planning their travel after November 1. The white text on photo backgrounds might not be the easiest way to digest this complex process, so below is the transcribed text of the announcement with some key new information detailed.   Thailand Pass FAQS REGISTRATION AND APPROVAL PROCESS When will Thailand Pass be open for registration? The Thailand Pass system will open for registration starting from 1 November 2021 at 09.00 hrs (Bangkok Time) Is registration in Thailand Pass required […]

The story Consular Deparment FAQ on Thailand Pass entry November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A thorough infographic of the Thailand Pass process was released by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for people planning their travel after November 1. The white text on photo backgrounds might not be the easiest way to digest this complex process, so below is the transcribed text of the announcement with some key new information detailed.   Thailand Pass FAQS REGISTRATION AND APPROVAL PROCESS When will Thailand Pass be open for registration? The Thailand Pass system will open for registration starting from 1 November 2021 at 09.00 hrs (Bangkok Time) Is registration in Thailand Pass required […]

The story Consular Deparment FAQ on Thailand Pass entry November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

We will see how this website works…or doesn’t 

• Like 3

One word says it all “Complex”.

Far to many things to go wrong, potentially costing visitors money for nothing. I use the word visitors purposely, because there certainly won’t be any tourists that will go through all of this process, just for a holiday. That’s the high season dead before it starts then.

So, a large expensive opening ceremony, with barely any tourists to attend. Best cancel it and give the money to Thai families that need it now and will need it in the future unless someone gets sensible about entry to the kingdom.

simplicity and attraction (key words to remember). Only then will you see big numbers of tourists. 

just my opinion of course.

• Like 6

So I have to go through this extensive list of requirements just to spend my 300 thousand baht during my month in Thailand on holiday….I think I will take my funds elsewhere until Thailand is more welcoming. 

• Thanks 1

There’s at least 3 official “infographics” released so far from various Thai governmental agencies. Definitely not enough, I want more! 10 versions would be a good start. 

• Haha 3

The Thailand Pass system will open for registration starting from 1 November 2021 at 09.00 hrs (Bangkok Time)

Anyone be surprised if site crashes shortly after???....literally the only way in...some could find all the info we are required to submit could be of use to others..lucky for us thai are famous for building secure sites

(Ransomware hackers smirk)

• Haha 2

Thanks for the info in the article. Useful as I'm planning for March 2022. Good thing I booked an SHA+ Hotel to start with. Pity my girl's country isn't on the list, but we're not planning on going beyond our island destination anyway.

Question for Tim! 

You mentioned that you may go abroad for a short time. I am planning a quick 1 week trip from Thailand to go to US and Italy myself, but not sure how the Thailand Pass would work... It says you have to stay in country for 21 days. Would multiple countries (of the 46) qualify? When leaving Thailand and returning, would it be possible to do so for less than 21 days? 

Great (I don't think)! I can log on the the website and get as far as page 2 where I'm asked to confirm that I've understood the information. I hit the "Confirm" button and nothing happens - effin typical!

• Like 1

Same gaze factory as before ,same mountain of papers ,  does not accept .pdf documents , impossible to give the name of vaccine....etc so my family is about to cancel their trip.

the only difference  - is one night in the hotel but the procedure is the same as 7 nights.

One PCR test to be done in advance instead of 2 but procedure is the same .

conclusion COE and Thai pass = same paperwork , same headache and not sure to success.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dicko said:

Great (I don't think)! I can log on the the website and get as far as page 2 where I'm asked to confirm that I've understood the information. I hit the "Confirm" button and nothing happens - effin typical!

"Many" tourists must be logging on simultaneously!

So many people on here are so negative. Uploading the documents to get a Thailand pass will take 5 minutes. Yes you have to spend the first night in a hotel but so what, we are still in a pandemic. I’m normally pretty useless on the first day of a trip anyway due to lack of sleep on the plane and jet lag.

If you love Thailand then book a trip and spend some of your money over there to help the Thai people out. 

I applied for a visa last week (took me 20 minutes to complete) and will apply for a TP in the next few days. Having looked at the site it’s not difficult. 

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

If you love Thailand then book a trip and spend some of your money over there to help the Thai people out. 

Alternatively, if the paperwork really is too much for others to cope with, I'll give them my bank account details so that they can simply send the money to me and I will spend it all on the Thais here. A win win , no hassle for you and others and all the money given to the Thai less well off rather than  wasting it on giving it to the rich Thai hotel owners etc etc.😉

14 hours ago, PJK said:

So I have to go through this extensive list of requirements just to spend my 300 thousand baht during my month in Thailand on holiday….I think I will take my funds elsewhere until Thailand is more welcoming. 

There is a possibility that if enough of the people in charge and tourists see similar commentary ,it might sway their decisions !

I’m with you on this , PJK

Well, as a lot suspected, the website for Thailand Pass is having a major problem with an error message of "error from API server". Although I am informed that several people have been successful in submitting their application there are many like myself who have attempted to submit the application on several different browsers and devices to end up when hitting the submit button with that error message. Been a waste of 4 hours continuously trying to submit lol.

4 minutes ago, cjar said:

Well, as a lot suspected, the website for Thailand Pass is having a major problem with an error message of "error from API server". Although I am informed that several people have been successful in submitting their application there are many like myself who have attempted to submit the application on several different browsers and devices to end up when hitting the submit button with that error message. Been a waste of 4 hours continuously trying to submit lol.

Same here. "Error from API server".

38 minutes ago, Beaker said:

So many people on here are so negative. Uploading the documents to get a Thailand pass will take 5 minutes. Yes you have to spend the first night in a hotel but so what, we are still in a pandemic. I’m normally pretty useless on the first day of a trip anyway due to lack of sleep on the plane and jet lag.

I applied for a visa last week (took me 20 minutes to complete) and will apply for a TP in the next few days. Having looked at the site it’s not difficult. 

“. If you love Thailand then book a trip and spend some of your money over there to help the Thai people out.“ 

Majority of those Thai people(hotel ASQ) are chosen as participants (businesses who know the authorities) in the new revenue scheme ! The ma and pa hotels aren’t in the plans of the authorities!

Imop If you have strong ties in Thailand by all means jump in and go to your condo or families! But if not go somewhere where else ! Imop people who jump into the country are supporters of the new world order,covid rules that restrict freedoms.

If enough people come, the junta will be encouraged to continue with revenue scheme restrictions !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Step502 said:

We will see how this website works…or doesn’t 

I have been trying for hours to submit all my documents, they all load perfectly JPEG.  I get the following message API Server Error. Have tight timeline to get this submitted approved. This really is the usual unacceptable service.  They don't seem to be able to fix it!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

“. Imop people who jump into the country are supporters of the new world order,covid rules that restrict freedoms.

What an idiotic, Facebook news fuelled opinion. 

Hi, so do you fill in the Thailand pass before you book your flights/accommodation etc or after? So far this year I’ve done the Greek locator form and Spanish and the QR is instant what’s with this whole 7 day wait.. makes me nervous 😬 

3 hours ago, cjar said:

Same here. Had to alter all my .pdf files into .jpeg to get "Error from API server" as a result

Just curious, I have to stay for 1 night in an ASQ or SHA+ hotel. After that I am free to travel in most of Thailand.

But on the ThailandPass, I need to fill in ALL hotels etc. where I will be staying? For my entire trip?

Thai Pass registration

Same here in Europe ,fill out everything correct , uploads work perfect , but  finally get message "error from API server", after klick "submit" button. We used all browsers and different pc's even several VPN chanels.

Anybody have a solution or could register , my friend ( works as IT proffesional) had exactly same error , his opinion , server works but the final step (submit) has some problems , means software errors , as most of us expectet... amazing Thailand...😉

Thanks for any informations