News Forum - Phuket small businesses disadvantaged by SHA+ call for an end

Thaiger

It’s not just travellers frustrated by the SHA+ accommodation requirements to enter Thailand internationally. In Phuket, a group of small hotel owners, transportation drivers, and small tour operators have rallied together to call for the government to cancel the SHA+ requirement that they call a killer for all but the wealthiest of businesses. The province has achieved over a 70% vaccination rate making the certification that requires a business to have that vaccination rate needless. SHA+ was created as a way for the government to verify that a service or property is following the Ministry of Public Health regulations and […]

The story Phuket small businesses disadvantaged by SHA+ call for an end as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can certainly understand the frustration and disadvantage in this, especially for small businesses in Phuket. I'll be staying at an SHA+ Hotel, but just yesterday I read that I have to be driven to the hotel in an SHA+ taxi organised by the Hotel. Previously, I would call a taxi driver who I have driven with many times and is always reliable. If he isn't SHA+, then I can't use his taxi service. I do think that with 70% + vaccinated, these measures seem past their used by date.

Having said that, what are the specifics of 70% vaccination. Is that single dose of the population over 18 years old? Is it double vaccinated in the population over 12? When is the rate expected to get to 80% fully vaccinated over 12?

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Having said that, what are the specifics of 70% vaccination. Is that single dose of the population over 18 years old? Is it double vaccinated in the population over 12? When is the rate expected to get to 80% fully vaccinated over 12?

70% single vax, only 42% double vax. High school children single vax in last few weeks. 80% fully vax - pick a date about middle of next year -maybe.

• Like 3

Only for Phuket's small businesses they're as unimportant to the powers that be as everyone who isn't "the wealthiest", as an increasing number are starting to realise, whatever their politics.