News Forum - PM Prayut says Loy Krathong Festivals will be allowed

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has agreed to allow the world-famous Loy Krathong Festival to be celebrated this year, implementing a plan for a Covid-Free Setting and Universal Prevention measures. The picturesque lantern festival renown for setting candlelit baskets free to float away on bodies of water, and releasing floating lanterns into the sky is a hallmark of Thai culture and tourism attraction. A deputy spokesperson for the government announced today that PM Prayut has approved the holding of the Loy Krathong festival on and around November 19. Festivities will be allowed to proceed on the condition that it is toned down […]

The story PM Prayut says Loy Krathong Festivals will be allowed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Toned down is the best way forward for anything at the moment. But only so that the day will come when these festivals are everything they used to be!

• Like 2

There's another thread with the same subject.

PM said it's allowed but will take the decision whether it's safe one week before.

So again it's clickbait.

Nothing is sure until a decision is made. Just the "in principle it's okay" means nothing just yet.

• Like 2

tradition where people make float “krathong” or baskets on rivers or waters to thank the goddess of water

We love you water goddess! Now accept our trash gifts to pollute your blessed gift of life!!!!

Hope you like the bonus Styrofoam which takes 100s of years to biodegrade....joop joop!

Dont forget the skies to pollute the county with decaying corpses of wire and paper the next day..huzzah!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

No problem, I am getting Moderna booster before that. Staying home too, my last Songkran was in 2009, never wanted that experience again 

Big big difference between Songkran and Loy Krathong celebrations  555

15 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Certainly is as Loy Krathong is floating your boat whilst Songkran is doing whatever floats your boat 😂

I think this is a bit of a joke.

Recently in my village there has been 1 very well attended funeral and 2 important Buddhist days at each of our 2 Wats.

Huge crowds well over what the 'gathering' guideline was/is and much sharing of eating and drinking. Loi Kratom will just be another potential spreader event.

Here we go again.

Edited by Saltire

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

I think this is a bit of a joke.

Recently in my village ther have been 1 very well attanded funeral and 2 important Buddhist days at each of our 2 Wats.

Huge crowds well over what the 'gathering' guideline was/is and much sharing of eating and drinking. Loi Kratom will just be another potential spreader event.

Here we go again.

Guess more funerals would solve the problem, less people everytime

44 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

considering current epidemic, same same, no different

15 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Oh, and don't forget the spread of Covid variants from all these tossers wishing for good luck! Hmmmmm? "maybe we will address this once it happens?" Do not fear country of "SMILES!"

All 13 of those Smiles....not always what they appear to be......

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 2:22 AM, PapayaBokBok said:

tradition where people make float “krathong” or baskets on rivers or waters to thank the goddess of water

We love you water goddess! Now accept our trash gifts to pollute your blessed gift of life!!!!

Hope you like the bonus Styrofoam which takes 100s of years to biodegrade....joop joop!

Dont forget the skies to pollute the county with decaying corpses of wire and paper the next day..huzzah!

i am sorry but a traditional Katong is made of stuff of the nature..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Songkran Festival without splashing !

Keep that covid spreading! Wouldn’t want the masses protesting imop

A very interesting way to protect ones office from  domestic and international scrutiny ,until the election is over! 😔 

Edited by riclag

On 10/31/2021 at 4:51 AM, AlexPTY said:

No problem, I am getting Moderna booster before that. Staying home too, my last Songkran was in 2009, never wanted that experience again 

I have no problem with Loi Kratong, but stay away from Songkran. Neither is advisable for the moment with Covid

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paco said:

i am sorry but a traditional Katong is made of stuff of the nature..

Ok..so are you saying thais use ONLY natural items and NO Styrofoam?..or trying to deflect the truth???

Also sex is illegal in Thailand if u want to go down this road...

I'm vaccinated your vaccinated why still living in fear. I will enjoy all festivals like I have the past 10 yrs but with do vigilance.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

I'm vaccinated your vaccinated why still living in fear. I will enjoy all festivals like I have the past 10 yrs but with do vigilance.

Good for you. Just make sure you don’t contract Covid and pass it on to someone who isn’t as fortunate as you and not been vaccinated. Oh wait a minute. Maybe you will be  asymptomatic and not be aware you passed it on to some poor old person who is unvaccinated. Never mind, as long as you had a good time yeah? 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:53 AM, whitesnake said:

"Here I go again on my own. Walkin' down the only road I've ever known. Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone. 'An I've made up my mind. I ain't wasting no more time!!"

Though iv'e been searching for an answer i never seem to find what i'm looking for oh lord i pray you give me strength to carry on and i know what it means to walk along the lonely streets of dreams.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 3:29 AM, Soidog said:

Good for you. Just make sure you don’t contract Covid and pass it on to someone who isn’t as fortunate as you and not been vaccinated. Oh wait a minute. Maybe you will be  asymptomatic and not be aware you passed it on to some poor old person who is unvaccinated. Never mind, as long as you had a good time yeah? 

Not my problem or responsibility anymore.  I do not hang around "poor old" people. 

Everyone I know has been vaccinated if they wanted it.  If you chose not to get the CV and are out at the fireworks festival or music festival or  Loy Krathong in Pattaya.... that is your choice and you know the risks. 

4 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Not my problem or responsibility anymore.  I do not hang around "poor old" people. 

Everyone I know has been vaccinated if they wanted it.  If you chose not to get the CV and are out at the fireworks festival or music festival or  Loy Krathong in Pattaya.... that is your choice and you know the risks. 

And that is exactly why this pandemic is nearly two years old and still causing problems around the world. People simply don’t and won’t try to understand and help reduce the impact. 

I’m sorry but I find the comment that you don’t hang around poor old people shameful and ignorant. 

On 11/2/2021 at 1:52 AM, PapayaBokBok said:

Ok..so are you saying thais use ONLY natural items and NO Styrofoam?..or trying to deflect the truth???

Also sex is illegal in Thailand if u want to go down this road...

i know reading is difficult, so next time read before making such a nonsense response, thanks

traditional Katong!!!

19 hours ago, Paco said:

i know reading is difficult, so next time read before making such a nonsense response, thanks

traditional Katong!!!

Thanks friend Im new at this...Hey lets also talk about TRADITIONAL Songkran too

How it started, and how its going these days with buckets of frozen moat water in ones face

But of course lets deflect it back to the good old days and totally miss the point

Thanks for sharing!.....*speaking of nonsense*

18 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Thanks friend Im new at this...Hey lets also talk about TRADITIONAL Songkran too

How it started, and how its going these days with buckets of frozen moat water in ones face

But of course lets deflect it back to the good old days and totally miss the point

Thanks for sharing!.....*speaking of nonsense*

once again that is on TOURIST places, in Thailand themself there is the traditional songkran, i think all the people in Pattaya , bangkok, phuket etc. that only on the bottle maybe make use of your time to travel once around thailand to see how Thailand really is instead of being stuck in a tourist town... tourist town everything is completely different that includes the thai people, meet some real thai people that are not messed up because of the tourist... have fun...