News Forum - PM says cooperation needed as Thailand prepares for reopening

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has stressed the importance of public and business cooperation ahead of next week’s reopening of Thailand’s borders and the relaxing of quarantine requirements for international visitors. The Bangkok Post has reported Prayut has asked for strict compliance with disease controls, and that protesters do not damage the national image, paving the way for a successful reopening. Prayut, who made the comments after chairing a meeting of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said with the government having “prepared many appropriate measures”, it is necessary everyone “follow them to the fullest extent and avoid the risk of transmission […]

The story PM says cooperation needed as Thailand prepares for reopening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Now Prime Minister, if you could just keep it to a negative PCR test 72 hours before arrival and a certificate of vaccination (both on paper....for those who don't have phones) and without the Mor Chana app...I am so sick of apps.... then you might get the response you are hoping for. Oh and if you could drop the whole "46 countries thing".... (it's a sure fire loser). I would be forever grateful :) Yours faithfully...An International Tourist.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Prayut Chan-o-cha has stressed the importance of public and business cooperation ahead of next week’s reopening of Thailand’s borders and the relaxing of quarantine requirements for international visitors.

What he means is if it goes t*ts up then it's down to you for not cooperating and following the ever changing rules .. 

55 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

and that protesters do not damage the national image,

Coming from him a bit rich that is .. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

The country is open.

What percentage of the businesses have re-opened?

Are the tourists going to show up in Thailand and find more than half of the businesses are closed or out of business?

It will be interesting to see exactly how many show up?

Other countries are still having their own Covid Travel issues.

Financially, people from all around the globe have been personally affected and may not have the funds to travel?

In the US, many companies are being mandated by the government rules that all employees have a Covid vaccine.

No vaccine, out the door you go, fired. 

Lots of those folks won't be traveling anywhere.

In you know someone working at Southwest Airlines, ask them why 2200 flights were canceled in 2 days?

You will get a completely different story than the news.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

What he means is if it goes t*ts up then it's down to you for not cooperating and following the ever changing rules .. 

In 1 Dedinbed he already knows its not going to happen so he has a BUP plan and enough Scapegoats ready to die for the cause.

• Cool 1

12 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I live here and the last thing any of us want are self entitled tourists here that won't follow the guidelines during a pandemic. 

The tracing app and covid tests are vital to reduce people dying. The rules have the added bonus of keeping the Karen types away 

Most travelling and arriving Tourist will be inoculated. Its the locals dragged out of the villages to work the bars and other businesses. if anyone die's it will be locals not vaccinated, have a guess why Rob ???  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vlad said:

its the locals dragged out of the villages to work the bars 

I don't think anyone is dragging the locals out of the villages mate. I hope you are wrong anyway. 

I live in a village. I hope nobody shows up to drag my perky lilly white aธธ to work in a bar.

I am worried now.

11 minutes ago, vlad said:

Most travelling and arriving Tourist will be inoculated. Its the locals dragged out of the villages to work the bars and other businesses. if anyone die's it will be locals not vaccinated, have a guess why Rob ???  

Who will do the dragging? The few people I know arent going back until they see which way it goes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Who will do the dragging?

I don't think vlad is currently in Thailand, and the way he complains about Thailand everyday it sounds to me that he never will come to see the imagined dragging of the locals from the villages to work in bars scenes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I don't think vlad is currently in Thailand, and the way he complains about Thailand everyday it sounds to me that he never will come to see the imagined dragging of the locals from the villages to work in bars scenes.

Right, understood.

its my Northern sense of humor Poolie and yes Rob knows full well i live in the uk he is just fishing as usual. When i said dragging villagers out to work what i should have said most in the Entertainment industry are mainly from Issan. Many will be needed to work in holiday hot spots like Phuket, Samui , krabi etc were not talking about a few hundred your looking at thousands. As Rob Muir points out he lives there maybe he can tell us where most of the bar girls, and massage shops come from to work in these resorts.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, vlad said:

its my Northern sense of humor Poolie and yes Rob knows full well i live in the uk he is just fishing as usual. When i said dragging villagers out to work what i should have said most in the Entertainment industry are mainly from Issan. Many will be needed to work in holiday hot spots like Phuket, Samui , krabi etc were not talking about a few hundred your looking at thousands. As Rob Muir points out he lives there maybe he can tell us where most of the bar girls, and massage shops come from to work in these resorts.

Vlad, please don't give trolls an invite to do more damage on here.

"protesters do not damage the national image"

yeah yeah Prayut blame it on other people... not working.. and asking people what?.. why should we listen to the clown Prayut, he does not listen to the people at all..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I don't think it is the protestors that are dragging this country down and creating hatred towards them and all for what they protect.

I doubt anyone will take notice of them. Tourists are not usually interested in political debate and gatherings are usually concentrated in areas that aren't very touristy. 

And even if it were in their area, tourists may be more worried when teargas and rubber bullets spoil the holiday pics 😉 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I doubt anyone will take notice of them. Tourists are not usually interested in political debate and gatherings are usually concentrated in areas that aren't very touristy. 

And even if it were in their area, tourists may be more worried when teargas and rubber bullets spoil the holiday pics 😉 

I had US associates visit me back in the red shirt days in BKK. We actually went walking through the red shirt camp the night before the crapiola hit the fan. Memories. Now if it was like a gathering in CM I stop at a distance to take a look as do not want to be photographed as part of it even though I do support the young generations viewpoint.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

I had US associates visit me back in the red shirt days in BKK. We actually went walking through the red shirt camp the night before the crapiola hit the fan. Memories. Now if it was like a gathering in CM I stop at a distance to take a look as do not want to be photographed as part of it even though I do support the young generations viewpoint.

But you're not a tourist...

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

But you're not a tourist...

That's the point. Don't need to have any wrong direction fame here. All them kids and stand in people are photographed and I think I would just stick out like a sore thumb.

He is the reason why the image and reputations of Thailand is destroyed and his incompetent Clowns did the rest. Coups, corruption, dictatorship, scams and cheating all that brought the image down.They showed the world how deep rotten to the core they are, how they destroyed the country, the economy, their racism and that they are not reliable only flil flops, liars, their greed and their scams. The protester brought the image that maybe the country is not lost and some with morals still there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

He tells by gun point who will be the scapegoat for all his failure and destroying a whole country and economy. He shows his face and lost it and everybody knows he is a failure and not competent enough for managing a noodle shop. So he has to point out who will be responsible for all his complete failures in advance. This really shows how sick evetything already is and how deep rotten to the core. Sure it will collapse and some are aware of that and it is not complicate to understand with such high private household debts and state deficits you have a huge liquidity problem inside the economy just simple math.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Reading your comments daily, I notice that you are a master at analyzing and making assumptions about how people are.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Reading your comments daily, I notice that you are a master at analyzing and making assumptions about how people are.

Oh there's more than him at it, believe me.

• Like 1