News Forum - Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport prepares for November reopening

Thaiger

With the November 1 reopening approaching, Bangkok officials visited the Suvarnabhumi International Airport to review the procedures and Covid-19 preventative measures. Under the reopening plan, the quarantine period will be waived for travellers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, travelling from countries classified by the Thai government as a “low risk” for the coronavirus, and test negative for the virus. (Click HERE for a list.) Those who are unvaccinated, or from a “high risk” country, will need to undergo a quarantine at an approved hotel. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration officials reviewed the procedures for travellers entering Thailand like QR code checkpoints […]

The story Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport prepares for November reopening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Those who are unvaccinated, or from a “high risk” country, will need to undergo a quarantine at an approved hotel.

Interesting statement. So the airlines will allow unvaccinated to board flights to Thailand or are they expecting charter flights of unvaccinated?

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Bus to SHA accommodation from Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport

Does that mean, that one does not need a transportation organized by the SHA-Hotel?

8 minutes ago, palooka said:

Those who are unvaccinated, or from a “high risk” country, will need to undergo a quarantine at an approved hotel.

Interesting statement. So the airlines will allow unvaccinated to board flights to Thailand or are they expecting charter flights of unvaccinated?

Yes, they will allow unvaccinated to board, but a negative PCR-test is required

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

One step closer to the old normal.

Before the clock ticks down and implodes their stupidity into a covid nightmare. But I am sure they can twist the outcome.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SaMos75 said:

Does that mean, that one does not need a transportation organized by the SHA-Hotel?

In another report I heard, transport to your SHA hotel will be supplied by the hotel. Not sure how it will work for those going to Pattaya but I understand that you can arrive in Bangkok and continue to Pattaya as it falls within a 2 hour journey window 

What day are they preparing for ? Nov 1st, Nov 2nd, Nov 9th ? 

Shouldn't someone be telling them the Thailand Pass is still not up and running ?

46 minutes ago, Jafagreg said:

In another report I heard, transport to your SHA hotel will be supplied by the hotel. Not sure how it will work for those going to Pattaya but I understand that you can arrive in Bangkok and continue to Pattaya as it falls within a 2 hour journey window 

I can't see many hotels wanting to lay on transport for a 1 night stay

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Both vaxxed and unvaxxed have to show proof of a negative test before boarding. Understand?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So far 55 are available. I booked one for November 7th.

17 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Shouldn't someone be telling them the Thailand Pass is still not up and running ?

Supposedly will be up and running by 9am on the 1st of November. I still applied for a COE just to be safe. It says apply 7 days before you arrive in Thailand, so lets say it actually works on the 1st, and I am scheduled to arrive on the 7th, so only 6 days to get it. I'm going to try for it also. but will be keeping my COE as backup.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

No problem, they will include it in the price of the hotelroom

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

You can use COE till 9 November

Exemption from Quarantine (for arrivals after 1 November 2021)

If visa is necessary, applicants must submit  visa application at least  45 days  before the intended travel date

1. Travellers who already received a COE and will be travelling before 9 November 2021 may utilise the same COE to enter Thailand. Please contact the hotel for a refund.
  2. Travellers who are in the process of requesting a COE on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th and will be travelling before 9 November may continue the procedure on the same website. Nevertheless, a  SHA+ or AQ hotel confirmation for 1 night can be submitted instead of 7.
  3. Travellers who will be travelling before 9 November 2021 must still request for a COE on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th around 2 weeks before the departure date. You may upload a  SHA+ or AQ hotel confirmation for 1 night instead of 7.
  4. *** From 1 November 2021 onwards, Thailand Pass platform (https://tp.consular.go.th/) will be replacing COE (https://coethailand.mfa.go.th), and the process takes at least 7  days. Therefore, Thailand Pass registration shall apply to the travellers whose intended departure date is after 9 November 2021 (for registration on 1 November 2021). 
  5.  ***During the transitional period to the Thailand Pass system, the COE shall be used; however, the number of quarantine days shown in the COE is not definite. Public health officers in Thailand will examine and reduce the day of quarantine to 1 night if you meet all conditions.

Exemption from Quarantine – Royal Thai Embassy Brussels

Edited by Faz
link added

3 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

One step closer to the old normal.

Old normal?

Will never come back. I said this last year already. They called it „new normal“ for a reason. Because„normality“ is a situation which should never be questioned.

Brave new world full of masks, QR-Codes and Health Passes. Orwell would be proud. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

With the November 1 reopening approaching, Bangkok officials visited the Suvarnabhumi International Airport to review the procedures and Covid-19 preventative measures. Under the reopening plan, the quarantine period will be waived for travellers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, travelling from countries classified by the Thai government as a “low risk” for the coronavirus, and test negative for the virus. (Click HERE for a list.) Those who are unvaccinated, or from a “high risk” country, will need to undergo a quarantine at an approved hotel. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration officials reviewed the procedures for travellers entering Thailand like QR code checkpoints […]

The story Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport prepares for November reopening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Typically when I arrive from the United States it is in the late evening. I wouldn't be surprised that we start hearing that PCR tests don't get done until next day for late arrivals, which would then require two nights in SHA hotel. 

Edited by Lawyers_Guns_and_Money
  • Like 2

So.. Seen as I'm planning a mid-Dec return I thought I'd better get cracking with my Non O visa ..

1st farce was the official Thai Embassy in London's web page simply sending me round & round in circles.  

OK.. I'll sign in and check out the requirements for an 'E-visa'... Well what do ya know?..

Web-site is down/unavailable/not working at present time.

So, I'm still no wiser as to how to download the relevant form(s), or how to fill in the online form?   Still unable to find out the visa fees for a 90 day Non O..? Still not sure if I MUST submit my travel/flight booking? 

(At this rate my mid Dec intended flight will not fall within their minimum 45 day application window, so I'm holding off with any definite booking just yet).

Is it just me that's having the shutters pulled down right in front of me here, or are there other folk on here that are feeling the same level of frustration..?

How did the 1000's of tourists planning on the Nov 1st/2nd invasion get their visas..??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Thailand Pass goes live (supposedly) Nov 2nd, but states registration takes 7 days, that takes you to the 9th all being well. The only tourists arriving beginning of November will be those who previously received their COE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

All in the price I guess. I checked out some places and saw 1 night was typically 4,000-6,000 for a decent place. I’m assuming that includes transport from airport and meals or meal? Many of these hotels were previously 2,000-4,000 prior to the arrangements for a one night quarantine stay so I assume the extra cost is for the food and transport. Possibly just the transport? I’m sure things will settle down and become clearer in the next week to 10 days….

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

OK.. I'll sign in and check out the requirements for an 'E-visa'... Well what do ya know?..

Web-site is down/unavailable/not working at present time.

So, I'm still no wiser as to how to download the relevant form(s), or how to fill in the online form?   Still unable to find out the visa fees for a 90 day Non O..? Still not sure if I MUST submit my travel/flight booking? 

You can only apply for a Visa online Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa (thaievisa.go.th)
Websites working fine. You get the Visa first before you start booking anything.

Visa fees Visa fee - Royal Thai Embassy, London Non Imm O Visa £60.

29 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

Is it just me that's having the shutters pulled down right in front of me here, or are there other folk on here that are feeling the same level of frustration..?

Just you that hasn't pulled the shutters up from the sounds of it.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

You can use COE till 9 November

Exemption from Quarantine (for arrivals after 1 November 2021)

If visa is necessary, applicants must submit  visa application at least  45 days  before the intended travel date

1. Travellers who already received a COE and will be travelling before 9 November 2021 may utilise the same COE to enter Thailand. Please contact the hotel for a refund.
  2. Travellers who are in the process of requesting a COE on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th and will be travelling before 9 November may continue the procedure on the same website. Nevertheless, a  SHA+ or AQ hotel confirmation for 1 night can be submitted instead of 7.
  3. Travellers who will be travelling before 9 November 2021 must still request for a COE on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th around 2 weeks before the departure date. You may upload a  SHA+ or AQ hotel confirmation for 1 night instead of 7.
  4. *** From 1 November 2021 onwards, Thailand Pass platform (https://tp.consular.go.th/) will be replacing COE (https://coethailand.mfa.go.th), and the process takes at least 7  days. Therefore, Thailand Pass registration shall apply to the travellers whose intended departure date is after 9 November 2021 (for registration on 1 November 2021). 
  5.  ***During the transitional period to the Thailand Pass system, the COE shall be used; however, the number of quarantine days shown in the COE is not definite. Public health officers in Thailand will examine and reduce the day of quarantine to 1 night if you meet all conditions.

Link?