News Forum - Health officials play down concerns over Thailand’s first case of Delta Plus variant

Thaiger

The Disease Control Department has confirmed that Thailand has recorded its first case of the Delta Plus variant. However, Dr. Chawetsan Namwat from the DCD insists there’s no cause for alarm. The Delta Plus variant was first reported in the UK, which is currently experiencing a surge in infections. According to a Thai PBS World, Delta Plus cases in the UK have increased in the past 28 days and account for 6% of infections. However, Chawetsan says the World Health Organisation has not classified Delta Plus as a variant of concern and says people in Thailand should not be worried. […]

The story Health officials play down concerns over Thailand’s first case of Delta Plus variant as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Here we go again with yet another ridiculous fear mongering variant sham. 

There will never be zero covid. 

Get over it, protect and vaccinate the vulnerable and open everything. 

This has caused unacceptable levels of harm to the entire planet, except of course for those in power and the media. 

Moderators have removed posts as members feel it necessary to infer facts without any supporting information or simply lack the courtesy not to degenerate individuals.

Keep it civil and don't let your emotions interfere. Other wise you could easily find yourself in breach of the following Forum Guideline.

Rule 3 - Do not defame, insult, bully, or harass, any other member, person, or organisation. Be respectful of a person’s country, race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion, political beliefs, education, career choice and age.

Disregard of this guideline to simply insult others may result in sanctions against the member concerned.

• Like 7

if flu was mutating every year, it would be ridiculous not to expect SARS-CoV-2 do the same. Alphabet is long enough to keep naming all mutations, when we done with Latin, Arabic and Cyrillic will be useful 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

There will never be zero covid

That is certainly true. The scary thing about Covid, which makes it so different to other virus such as flu or Ebola, is that you can be highly contagious long before you get symptoms; if you ever get symptoms.

You have to stop and think about that for a minute. Normally with seasonal flu, you start feeling rough and stay at home or even take to your bed and then you become highly contagious. By its nature, you self isolate and reduce contact with others. With Covid you can feel fine or close to fine and continue going to work, going to bars and concerts, shopping   and passing the virus on. Now that is a clever virus and makes it very dangerous. 

• Like 7

Again more BS numbers, you have to have 2 vaccinations before being classed as vaccinated therefore 70 % of population is a mighty long way off, why can the government not for just once publish some correct figures.

TIT.

• Like 6
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Again more BS numbers, you have to have 2 vaccinations before being classed as vaccinated therefore 70 % of population is a mighty long way off, why can the government not for just once publish some correct figures.

TIT.

Because it's more fun publishing the ones they do to annoy  the grumpy farangs each day. It's too predictable.

I tell you I'd love to be at their pre-presser, I bet there's barely a dry leg in the house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If you don’t follow the advice of others at least try to take care of number one!

Respect my choice it ain’t yours!

D plus and many more variants to come !Its a complexity  as cancer has been in curing  !

• Like 3

Variants will continue to emerge because this virus has been trying to survive and has had plenty of candidates. It will continue to mutate. But it is also a great motivation to get vaccinated, because at the moment, vaccines are effective against Corona Virus, no matter how it mutates. In case anyone is losing heart, researchers in my own country are working on a peptide tablet, that destroys Corona Virus, no matter how it mutates. It recognises the virus and kills it, because it has identifying markers. So there is hope beyond vaccines. It is now in clinical trials. But for now, get vaccinated, by whatever vaccine is available to you. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Delta plus has been on the news for about a week already 

looks like another wave in my opinion but being downplayed 

uk choose to not lockdown, might be different this time, only time will tell but I don’t expect it to be different.

China is starting restrictions to contain delta plus wave, seems like starting restrictions early on prevents the cases rising. 

I’m guessing some countries will try to avoid lockdowns as long as possible until cases rise, then lock downs and cases go back down. 

Edited by dj230
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Delta plus has been on the news for about a week already 

looks like another wave in my opinion but being downplayed 

uk choose to not lockdown, might be different this time, only time will tell but I don’t expect it to be different.

China is starting restrictions to contain delta plus wave, seems like starting restrictions early on prevents the cases rising. 

I’m guessing some countries will try to avoid lockdowns as long as possible until cases rise, then lock downs and cases go back down. 

China had less than 40 live cases yesterday, no deaths.  Hardly a 'wave.'

But point taken, get in early.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

This has caused unacceptable levels of harm to the entire planet, except of course for those in power and the media. 

So your whole planetary outlook is  anthropocentric (human centrist)?   Sad really, but likely more than 75% of humans look at things this way. What is best for "me" the human?  But we do live on a planet that is full of other life, plants, animals, ecosystems etc.. 

The pandemic has reduced Green house gas emissions, improved air quality in many cities, lessened water pollution and noise, and because of reduced tourism, many marine and terrestrial ecosystems are restoring

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Cool 2

10 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

So your whole planetary outlook is  anthropocentric (human centrist)?   Sad really, but likely more than 75% of humans look at things this way. What is best for "me" the human?  But we do live on a planet that is full of other life, plants, animals, ecosystems etc.. 

The pandemic has reduced Green house gas emissions, improved air quality in many cities, lessened water pollution and noise, and because of reduced tourism, many marine and terrestrial ecosystems are restoring

That is a ridiculous outlook and is not backed up with factual references. 

A very sad outlook indeed. 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

That is certainly true. The scary thing about Covid, which makes it so different to other virus such as flu or Ebola, is that you can be highly contagious long before you get symptoms; if you ever get symptoms.

You have to stop and think about that for a minute. Normally with seasonal flu, you start feeling rough and stay at home or even take to your bed and then you become highly contagious. By its nature, you self isolate and reduce contact with others. With Covid you can feel fine or close to fine and continue going to work, going to bars and concerts, shopping   and passing the virus on. Now that is a clever virus and makes it very dangerous. 

No, it doesn't make it very dangerous. 

We know what it is, we know the fatality rate and the at risk groups. We know early therapeutics drop the fatality rate below a percent. 

Stop the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering. 

Open everything and get the at risk groups vaccinated. 

Then live and enjoy the world. There will never be any other viable, sane option other than that. 

Your irrational fears should never allow any government to steal your freedom to live. 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Great comment, @Soidog! A POTD contender, for sure. This effing Covid has Ebola beat, hands down, in terms of its cost to planet Earth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

An interesting take on Covid . . . certainly different, but I guess that's what we subscribe to as TT members.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

So if Covid decimates the population by say a billion or so then the planet will be in tip top shape for the survivors. No more climate change, green house gases, Greta Thunberg can sleep at nights- the list is endless - just bad luck for the billion or so who died.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Delta Plus variant was first reported in the UK, which is currently experiencing a surge in infections.

Well that was always going to happen. I am actually surprised it has taken as long as it has with their high numbers.

Has any government handled the covid crisis worse than the UK? 

How many are dead that would have been alive today if the hadn't of continually bungled every step.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-local-authority-calls-on-care-home-providers-to-accept-covid-positive-hospital-patients

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

No, it doesn't make it very dangerous. 

We know what it is, we know the fatality rate and the at risk groups. We know early therapeutics drop the fatality rate below a percent. 

Stop the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering. 

Open everything and get the at risk groups vaccinated. 

Then live and enjoy the world. There will never be any other viable, sane option other than that. 

Your irrational fears should never allow any government to steal your freedom to live. 

I used the term scary as a relative term to normal flu. Scary in the sense that you as an individual may be responsible for passing it to others without you even being aware. 

I fully support the call to get vaccinated and get on with life. Life is too short to hide behind the curtain and stay indoors. There is a way out of this and it’s vaccination. We should get on and have the jabs and get back out there. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Great comment, @Soidog! A POTD contender, for sure. This effing Covid has Ebola beat, hands down, in terms of its cost to planet Earth.

It’s the hidden aspect and the fact you may not even know you are carrying it that scares (bothers) me. I have parents who are both in their 80’s and I feel the need to test myself before visiting them even though they have been vaccinated, as have I myself. I’m still concerned that I could be the one who passes it to them without even knowing. If I had flu or cold symptoms I would stay away and protect those around me. How can I do that with Covid if I may be totally unaware I have it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Well that was always going to happen. I am actually surprised it has taken as long as it has with their high numbers.

Has any government handled the covid crisis worse than the UK? 

How many are dead that would have been alive today if the hadn't of continually bungled every step.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-local-authority-calls-on-care-home-providers-to-accept-covid-positive-hospital-patients

I dare not think if Bojo teamed up wiyh Modi to govern Brazil would have looked like.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I dare not think if Bojo teamed up wiyh Modi to govern Brazil would have looked like.

Trump's USA?

Trump and Jair caught it by refusing to wear masks and Bojo by running around covid wards shaking hands with everyone.

Those four make Prayut look like a sensible genius.

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

Trump's USA?

Trump and Jair caught it by refusing to wear masks and Bojo by running around covid wards shaking hands with everyone.

Those four make Prayut look like a sensible genius.

I could think of a half dozen others to join them and Hollywood script writers have a whole team of villians for batman to punch out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I could think of a half dozen others to join them and Hollywood script writers have a whole team of villians for batman to punch out.

If you throw in Peru, Mexico and Russia with those four you end up with half the covid deaths of the whole world.

They have really let the whole world down.

Oops. I forgot. We are supposed to be blaming it all on Thailand.

Back on track now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

If you throw in Peru, Mexico and Russia with those four you end up with half the covid deaths of the whole world.

They have really let the whole world down.

Oops. I forgot. We are supposed to be blaming it all on Thailand.

Back on track now. 

I am just waiting to tell my wife the Plus factor is now here faster than ever should have been. Still waiting for her Moderna shots in CM. Yes I don't want to worry her so excessively like these aholes in charge are doing. thye just keep on running this country into the ground on all accounts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1