Pavements and dropped kerbs

Bluesofa

When walking on the pavement where there is access to property for cars, you're constant up-and-down on the pavement as you pass by the vehicular access to driveways.
Especially if you have a pushchair,  are in a wheelchair, or have a wheeled shopping cart or luggage.

I know that walking isn't generally a Thai trait, but there must be some who walk between shops, houses, etc. at some time.
I wondered if anyone has seen 'dropped kerbs' used for entrance access in Thailand?

This photo, although not a great example does show that walking along the 'limited' pavement requires navigating the driveways as the pavement disappears and reappears suddenly, by the height of the kerb.
Yes I know there are also other obstacles there too!

20211023_143501-1000w-edit1.jpg.e79c2a903746504adf957d24fa529544.jpg

Has anyone seen the dropped kerb idea (below) here in Thailand, that's used  so much elsewhere?

dropped-kerb.jpg.7c74050ed7b1e775d2bf98479dcd8ffb.jpg

At least this way it's much easier to walk along the pavement uninterrupted, while the house owner can still access their drive.
I don't know if it might prove a challenge when concreting the 'slope' here?

• 2 weeks later...