INTERNATIONAL VACCINE PASSPORT

Morpheus

Hi to all. I am posting this thread about the vaccine certificate/passport which may help some people for travelling overseas.

I am hopeful that I'm heading back to Australia for a holiday at Xmas, and one of the entry requirements is to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated. Below are the steps I took to gain the necessary docs for travel overseas. For me, I chose to get both the Vaccine certificate and the Vaccine Passport (yellow book).

Firstly, after you have had your second jab you can apply for the Thailand vaccination certificate. This normally does not come automatically after your second jab, you must apply through the administering hospital of the vaccine. Tip: (wait for a day or two after jab to apply). This is a simple process which will only take about 30 minutes on a quiet day. Present yourself to the staff with either your pink ID card or passport or both, once the form is completed you then go to the cashier and pay 50B, then pick up your signed and stamped vaccinated certificate and your done.

Secondly, Ok, now head off to your Provincial/Amphoe Thailand Ministry of Public Health for the Vaccine Passport, which is normally a separate building from the hospital. Make sure you turn up with your vaccine certificate and with your Thai pink ID card or passport. They will process your application for the Thailand Vaccination Passport for 50B. Make sure to request it is completed in English. This will take about one week. I have attached photos of my docs for identification purposes. All up it costs you 100B

Note: The Thailand vaccination passport does not have the same front cover as the well know international version, however, it is almost identical inside. 

I believe either of these docs should satisfy most countries immigration bureaus. 

Hope this helps

Morpheus 

20211023_115548_LI.jpg

20211023_115557_LI.jpg

20211023_115615_LI.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

If you have the certificate of vaccination why bother with the book?

Perhaps the OP is trying to cover himself in case someone in officialdom wants a 'passport' and not a 'piece of paper'?
You can never have too many documents when dealing with bureaucrats.

• Like 1

Through the Mor Prom App I applied for the international Vaccine passport.  Provided a copy of the hospital vaccination certificate with the QR code on it and stamped and signed, no cost.  Then I provided a certified copy of my passport which I had signed and dated thus certifying it.  After they reviewed both forms they approved it and I will pick it up at the Division of Communicable Disease here in Bangkok on November 1st, cost is 200 Baht.  

Do I need it, probably not as the QR code on the certificate I received from the hospital pops up the Digital Health pass through the Ministry Of Public Health and shows the information for each vaccination, the lot number and the date of vaccination. It also shows the latest Covid 19 PCR test taken, which in itself will be good enough for the airlines in my view.

Overall, I think it is worthwhile to get one since I am flying out to the US and then will return here after a 5 week trip.  Hopefully by the end of February when I return things have settled down and the world and Thailand has not gone backwards as far as quarantine.

On 10/23/2021 at 3:17 PM, Sarisin said:

If you have the certificate of vaccination why bother with the book?

Just me, two smokin barrels better than one.

• Like 1