Thailand entry requirements from Nov 1st 2021.

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just released a list of 46 countries and/or territories that have been approved to take part in the planned reopening of the country from November 1. The list of countries is detailed below as per a .pdf file that was listed on the Ministry’s website late on Thursday, October 21.

1. Australia
2. Austria
3. Bahrain
4. Belgium
5. Bhutan
6. Brunei Darussalam
7. Bulgaria
8. Cambodia
9. Canada
10. Chile
11. China
12. Cyprus
13. Czech Republic
14. Denmark
15. Estonia
16. Finland
17. France
18. Germany
19. Greece
20. Hungary
21. Iceland
22. Ireland
23. Israel
24. Italy
25. Japan
26. Latvia
27. Lithuania
28. Malaysia
29. Malta
30. Netherlands
31. New Zealand
32. Norway
33. Poland
34. Portugal
35. Qatar
36. Saudi Arabia
37. Singapore
38. Slovenia
39. South Korea
40. Spain
41. Sweden
42. Switzerland
43. United Arab Emirates
44. United Kingdom
45. United States
46. Hong Kong

The government has recently outlined 7 conditions that will determine if someone can enter the kingdom quarantine-free. The following conditions have been communicated by the Bureau of Risk Communication and Health Behaviour Promotion, part of the Disease Control Department.

1. Foreign visitors must arrive by air and come from a list of “low-risk” countries approved by the Public Health Ministry

2. Have proof of vaccination with 2 doses of a recognised Covid-19 vaccine

3. Have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure from your home country

4. Have at least US$50,000 in Covid-19 insurance coverage

5. Have proof of a hotel booking

6. Travellers must download the Mor Chana app and take a second PCR test on arrival or within 24 hours of arrival

7. If the second test is negative, visitors can continue their journey without any further quarantine

Despite the planned reopening being just 10 days away, the rules for vaccinated adults travelling with unvaccinated children remains unclear. Clarity is also needed on whether travellers need proof of a hotel booking beyond their first night in the kingdom and if this applies to expats with homes here.

Thai PBS World reports that the government is moving to a 3-model approach for admitting foreign arrivals. The first – and original – model is that unvaccinated visitors will be subject to mandatory hotel quarantine for between 7 and 14 days. The second model is the sandbox model currently in operation in Phuket, Samui and other tourist destinations, which is being extended to several other provinces. The third model will be the quarantine-free model, which allows approved “low-risk” countries or territories, such as the ones recently approved above, to enter without undergoing quarantine.

Here’s a breakdown of the 3 types of entry if you wish to travel to Thailand at this time…

15119329_3entrytypes-Nov1st..thumb.webp.48a359b1c2f18ae8293ecdb0cb41a409.webp

46 countries permitted to travel to Thailand from November 1, and quarantine details | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AM an Austrian residing in Luxembourg which is not the list 46 countries listed above. What is my status upon arriving in Thailand? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sindhu
  • Like 1

If you are fully vaccinated you may join the Sandbox scheme for 1 week area quarantine. Otherwise it is 1 week hotel quarantine.

Edited by M.O.
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 1:44 PM, Faz said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just released a list of 46 countries and/or territories that have been approved to take part in the planned reopening of the country from November 1. The list of countries is detailed below as per a .pdf file that was listed on the Ministry’s website late on Thursday, October 21.

1. Australia
2. Austria
3. Bahrain
4. Belgium
5. Bhutan
6. Brunei Darussalam
7. Bulgaria
8. Cambodia
9. Canada
10. Chile
11. China
12. Cyprus
13. Czech Republic
14. Denmark
15. Estonia
16. Finland
17. France
18. Germany
19. Greece
20. Hungary
21. Iceland
22. Ireland
23. Israel
24. Italy
25. Japan
26. Latvia
27. Lithuania
28. Malaysia
29. Malta
30. Netherlands
31. New Zealand
32. Norway
33. Poland
34. Portugal
35. Qatar
36. Saudi Arabia
37. Singapore
38. Slovenia
39. South Korea
40. Spain
41. Sweden
42. Switzerland
43. United Arab Emirates
44. United Kingdom
45. United States
46. Hong Kong

The government has recently outlined 7 conditions that will determine if someone can enter the kingdom quarantine-free. The following conditions have been communicated by the Bureau of Risk Communication and Health Behaviour Promotion, part of the Disease Control Department.

1. Foreign visitors must arrive by air and come from a list of “low-risk” countries approved by the Public Health Ministry

2. Have proof of vaccination with 2 doses of a recognised Covid-19 vaccine

3. Have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure from your home country

4. Have at least US$50,000 in Covid-19 insurance coverage

5. Have proof of a hotel booking

6. Travellers must download the Mor Chana app and take a second PCR test on arrival or within 24 hours of arrival

7. If the second test is negative, visitors can continue their journey without any further quarantine

Despite the planned reopening being just 10 days away, the rules for vaccinated adults travelling with unvaccinated children remains unclear. Clarity is also needed on whether travellers need proof of a hotel booking beyond their first night in the kingdom and if this applies to expats with homes here.

Thai PBS World reports that the government is moving to a 3-model approach for admitting foreign arrivals. The first – and original – model is that unvaccinated visitors will be subject to mandatory hotel quarantine for between 7 and 14 days. The second model is the sandbox model currently in operation in Phuket, Samui and other tourist destinations, which is being extended to several other provinces. The third model will be the quarantine-free model, which allows approved “low-risk” countries or territories, such as the ones recently approved above, to enter without undergoing quarantine.

Here’s a breakdown of the 3 types of entry if you wish to travel to Thailand at this time…

15119329_3entrytypes-Nov1st..thumb.webp.48a359b1c2f18ae8293ecdb0cb41a409.webp

46 countries permitted to travel to Thailand from November 1, and quarantine details | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Interesting

• Like 2

For those who might have booked a trip after 2nd November and are awaiting the Thailand Pass website to get up and going, it seems some people have managed to get a COE with just 1 night ASQ.

Might be worth going through the process. RTE Berlin, if you're in Germany, have issued COE for entry after 2nd November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could someone please tell me where i can get Covid insurance.

I have tried most Thai Health insurance companies, they all want to sell very expensive coveri am 65 they want me to get a medical in Thailand.

Cant go to Thailand without insurance.

Thanks in Advance.

Steveo

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steveo said:

Could someone please tell me where i can get Covid insurance.

I have tried most Thai Health insurance companies, they all want to sell very expensive coveri am 65 they want me to get a medical in Thailand.

Cant go to Thailand without insurance.

Thanks in Advance.

Steveo

Fly with Emirates, I understand you get free insurance with them but no doubt others  can confirm that.

• Like 1

For those of you already here in Thailand and using the Mor Chana app, does your’s still work after an app update?  I have been using my app since February after ASQ and it has been working fine.  I recently received an app update for my phone and all my information is gone.  It tried to reactivate the app with my info, but now one needs to scan or manually type your Thailand Pass ID# which I don’t have since it is a new thing.  Just curious to find out if it is just me one after updating or is a common occurrence after an app update?

80448595-C507-4538-923C-C6B12958E655.jpeg

• Like 1

Hope I’m placing this post in the right area?  I have just started the process for applying for a simple 60 day tourist visa. This is now all done via the e-visa online system. My god, makes you want to give up before you’ve even started!  As someone who is very familiar with computers and such online forms, this one seem so unnecessary. These are the steps:

1. register to use the system. This takes an email and password to create (fair enough). Then you get an email with a link. You hit the link and then you have to log in. You log in and then you have to confirm your email by clicking on a link they send you. You click on that and then you have to log in again. So all in, you have entered the email and password 3 times (this is a one off process)

2. Ok, you are in. Now you have to supply the usual details of dates of travel, flight number, departing city, arrival city  then you have to enter the hotel you are staying at. If like me, you will stay in Bangkok 1 night then travel to stay with friends, you need a few moor details in step 5

3. Download a “declaration form” (pdf format) that you have to print off sign and date and rescan back and upload.

4. upload travel booking confirmation (flight - Even though you haven’t even got a visa yet!)

5 Proof of the hotel booking (even though you don’t have a visa yet). If like me, you need address of friend you are staying at then you also need a letter of invitation from them  

6. You then need proof of finance 20,000 baht such as bank statement or proof of earnings  

7. You then need a scan of The Thai ID card of the person you are staying with and scan in. 

8. Then they want scanned pages of any stamps of countries you have been to in the past 12 months. 

9 Then you need to upload proof of your residency. I’m assuming a utility bill or something. Doesn’t say! 

10. You then need to take a picture of you holding your passport Picture page open !!

I haven’t moved on to the next page but I’m assuming that’s payment and a few more scanned documents.

And all this just to get a 60 day Tourist visa !!!!  You have to commit to a hotel booking and flight before you can get the visa

Haven't even started on the  Thailand Pass, vaccination certificate etc. 

Simply incredible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Faz said:

By 4, I'd have decided to enter Visa exempt  😂

@Faz , apologies if you have already covered this point, but if not it could be worthy of note for others applying for their TP. By pal is returning from Dubai this week where he works.  and when I spoke to him yesterday he pointed out his frustration, possibly amusement rather, that apparently whilst you are required to upload certain documents, those documents you need to upload can not be in pdf format which strikes me as odd.  Just going on information received so no basis of knowing if that is factually correct or not.

• Like 1

Number 8 on the list would be a real pain for me as, at times, I can fill up a 48 page passport in 18 months.

So that would be uploading roughly 32 pages of stamps at times.

I am also concerned about the security aspects of this process and the Thailand Pass.  The nature and amount of data provided is such that if it falls into the wrong hands there is a good chance you could be defrauded.  I don't have much confidence in the Thai government's will or ability to keep the data safe.

32 minutes ago, gummy said:

@Faz , apologies if you have already covered this point, but if not it could be worthy of note for others applying for their TP. By pal is returning from Dubai this week where he works.  and when I spoke to him yesterday he pointed out his frustration, possibly amusement rather, that apparently whilst you are required to upload certain documents, those documents you need to upload can not be in pdf format which strikes me as odd.  Just going on information received so no basis of knowing if that is factually correct or not.

Just so as not confuse. My reply to @Soidog was in relation to his Tourist Visa application.

In relation to the Thailand Pass application, that's correct, you cannot upload documents in PDF format. It's an automated system so can't open a PDF. 

• Like 1

I’m also waiting for my 60 day tourist visa from Thai Embassy in London. Then I’ll move on to Thailand Pass application.

If I hear nothing soon, is it worth going for visa on arrival? Plus Thailand Pass. I want to stay 90 days (60 day visa plus add on 30days at Chiang Mai immigration). Is this possible/wise? What should I indicate for length of stay on Thailand Pass application? 

Ian

1 hour ago, IanG said:

If I hear nothing soon, is it worth going for visa on arrival? Plus Thailand Pass. I want to stay 90 days (60 day visa plus add on 30days at Chiang Mai immigration). Is this possible/wise? What should I indicate for length of stay on Thailand Pass application? 

How long have you been waiting?

If you enter on a TV, put 60 days for the duration of stay, or 30 days if entering VE.

TV allows a 60 day entry which you can extend for a further 30 days = 90.
VE allows a 30 day entry which you can extend for a further 30 days = 60.

You may be able to extend beyond 60 days entering VE, if Immigration are still offering the 60 day Covid extensions. The current deadline date for a Covid extension application is Nov 30th, but at this time we don't know if they will extend this date to a later date.

Thank you, Faz. I’ve only been waiting a week, but others using London Embassy said they heard within four days. My flight is on 25th, so I’m concerned about having sufficient time to apply for Thailand Pass. If I’m using 60 day entry, I need the visa for the Pass. So, I’m looking for other solutions.

13 hours ago, IanG said:

Thank you, Faz. I’ve only been waiting a week, but others using London Embassy said they heard within four days.

Contact the Embassy.
They now issue the Visa by email - 'stickerless Visas'.