News Forum - COE scrapped, Restrictions eased, No refund for delayed vaccines | Good Morning Thailand | Ep. 110

Thaiger

In today’s episode Jay and Tim talk about the COE being scrapped and replaced, the restrictions easing, celebrity celebration confirmation and no refunds for delayed Moderna vaccines.

The story COE scrapped, Restrictions eased, No refund for delayed vaccines | Good Morning Thailand | Ep. 110 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Might be worth looking into the (Transit) regulations. Ie if travelling from an approved country but transiting through another using airlines like Emirates, Qatar, etc etc etc, all big carriers into Thailand. 

The first comment is pretty dark humour ;) Just saying.... P Considering all this glamour will happen...presumably on an auspicious day.... sparing no expense. I just wonder which auspicious day it will be?? Christmas??....Orthodox Christmas?? Latin New Year?? Orthodox New Year? Chinese New Year? Buddhist New Year?? 

Is Jay gay? His "helllooo" certainly sound very camp and if he is a gay lord then good luck to him - no problems there.  He is a very good presenter and is amusing with it. Well done my man!

The new Thai government guidelines are a bit of a shot in the dark. Prayut lists five countries only that can travel quarantine free and the UK and US are anything but 'low-risk,' as their daily infections and fatalities will confirm. Singapore, Germany and China are the others.

As for China, they cannot leave their motherland due to covid so where does that leave us? I guess they will invent the other countries later, but if TAT get there way then Russia will be one of them. On Sunday, they recorded 997 deaths in a 24 hour period so well done the Thai tourist board for not noticing the obvious!

We live in the Netherlands, which has been approved for quarantine free travel to Singapore, and yet, it is not even on the 20 nation list recommended by TAT. Work that one out if you can guys... We should be travelling to Thailand on the 11th of November, but I don't think that is going to happen now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeingFrank said:

We live in the Netherlands, which has been approved for quarantine free travel to Singapore, and yet, it is not even on the 20 nation list recommended by TAT. Work that one out if you can guys... We should be travelling to Thailand on the 11th of November, but I don't think that is going to happen now.

I share your frustration in all this. I don’t believe there is any particular logic or criteria to the list of selected countries. I think as long as they are from a well vaccinated country and from a traditionally large market for tourism to Thailand, then they made the list. After that, they simply reduced the list to a small group in order to deliberately keep the tourism numbers very low. They will be happy keeping this at around 500 a day for another month or so. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I share your frustration in all this. I don’t believe there is any particular logic or criteria to the list of selected countries. I think as long as they are from a well vaccinated country and from a traditionally large market for tourism to Thailand, then they made the list. After that, they simply reduced the list to a small group in order to deliberately keep the tourism numbers very low. They will be happy keeping this at around 500 a day for another month or so. 

This is one of the things that's so confusing. Right now I, vaccinated from the US, can travel to Thailand with the restriction of either the Sandbox or AQ in BKK. So can any vaccinated individual from anywhere. If I'm not vaccinated I'd be stuck in AQ for ten days or, if I were from the dangerous countries, for fourteen days.

In two weeks I can travel to Thailand and enter without quarantine (ignoring for a moment what without quarantine means). But what if I were vaccinated and not from one of the select few countries? Is Sandbox or AQ still available for me or is that stuff history? How about unvaccinated? Is AQ still an option?

So many questions... so little time.

33 minutes ago, JamesE said:

This is one of the things that's so confusing. Right now I, vaccinated from the US, can travel to Thailand with the restriction of either the Sandbox or AQ in BKK. So can any vaccinated individual from anywhere. If I'm not vaccinated I'd be stuck in AQ for ten days or, if I were from the dangerous countries, for fourteen days.

In two weeks I can travel to Thailand and enter without quarantine (ignoring for a moment what without quarantine means). But what if I were vaccinated and not from one of the select few countries? Is Sandbox or AQ still available for me or is that stuff history? How about unvaccinated? Is AQ still an option?

So many questions... so little time.

My guess would be the sandbox in Phuket will continue as will the ASQ in Bangkok. The recent announcement of no quarantine and go anywhere you wish once you are shown to have passed your PCR on arrival is open to people from the five countries listed. That’s just my guess of course and who knows what will eventually be in place in just 15 days from now. 🤔🤔

• Like 1