News Forum - Flights returning to Asia with airlines launching routes and sales

Thaiger

With Covid-19 restrictions and international border closures finally starting to ease around Asia, airlines in the region are prepping for their resurgence, relaunching their flights and promoting with sale fares. Domestic flights have been increasing in Thailand and travel agencies are reporting growing interest now that countries such as Vietnam and Malaysia are allowing domestic flying to resume as well. In Thailand, the Ministry of Public Health has allowed airlines to operate flights at full capacity again, and in recent weeks Thai Lion and AirAsia have been beefing up their schedules. And on November 1, vaccinated travellers are being welcomed […]

The story Flights returning to Asia with airlines launching routes and sales as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I plan on traveling internationally in 2023 . The mandate war should be sorted then! I don’t want to be inconvenienced by a organization or Govt squabble with its service workers 

Why does the saying "Pigs might fly!", come to mind?? Yes!! Let the airlines plot their schedules!!! Let them plan their marketing programs!!!! I only hope the Thai Government gets out of the way to allow people to arrive. Otherwise it's just a complete waste of time and airlines funds that are already at al time lows!!

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why does the saying "Pigs might fly!", come to mind?? Yes!! Let the airlines plot their schedules!!! Let them plan their marketing programs!!!! I only hope the Thai Government gets out of the way to allow people to arrive. Otherwise it's just a complete waste of time and airlines funds that are already at al time lows!!

But that seems to be their MO for months. Letting businesses spend money to prepare and then closing again very quickly so that it was all wasted.

Don't hear anything about the 178.2m vaccine doses or the vaccine drive anymore, yet that is the only thing that may make opening up possible...

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

With Covid-19 restrictions and international border closures finally starting to ease around Asia, airlines in the region are prepping for their resurgence, relaunching their flights and promoting with sale fares. Domestic flights have been increasing in Thailand and travel agencies are reporting growing interest now that countries such as Vietnam and Malaysia are allowing domestic flying to resume as well. In Thailand, the Ministry of Public Health has allowed airlines to operate flights at full capacity again, and in recent weeks Thai Lion and AirAsia have been beefing up their schedules. And on November 1, vaccinated travellers are being welcomed […]

The story Flights returning to Asia with airlines launching routes and sales as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Something cannot be according the actual numbers from the AOT they canceled 42% of their slots for domestic flights and 79% of foreign carriers canceld their slots from october 2021 til march 2022

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2197419/no-choice-but-to-open-the-economy

16 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Something cannot be according the actual numbers from the AOT they canceled 42% of their slots for domestic flights and 79% of foreign carriers canceld their slots from october 2021 til march 2022

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2197419/no-choice-but-to-open-the-economy

Think Bangkok Post are tapping the Thaiger Forum for opinions. Some are nearly word for word.

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Think Bangkok Post are tapping the Thaiger Forum for opinions. Some are nearly word for word.

What I mean if there would be more bookings and flights you would see it in the booked slots for Thai Airports but the opposite happened for October and november domestic and international they canceled slots . According to the airports domestic 42% and for international flights 79% they canceled. That means less flights as they planned and not more or in other words less booked flights and passengers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stardust said:

What I mean if there would be more bookings and flights you would see it in the booked slots for Thai Airports but the opposite happened for October and november domestic and international they canceled slots . According to the airports domestic 42% and for international flights 79% they canceled. That means less flights as they planned and not more or in other words less booked flights and passengers.

If Asia follows how North America, there will be many flights that are cancelled or rerouted/changed after you book them

So it may not be just Thailand opens and everything is good.......

Travelling in 2022 will still be a struggle at times, regardless of the countries actions

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

If Asia follows how North America, there will be many flights that are cancelled or rerouted/changed after you book them

So it may not be just Thailand opens and everything is good.......

Travelling in 2022 will still be a struggle at times, regardless of the countries actions

Sure cancelled flights but cancelling 79% of their slots seams quite high.

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sure cancelled flights but cancelling 79% of their slots seams quite high.

For sure, I was just commenting that just focusing on any country opening, people need to realize that flights could be changed, preferred routes not availbale

I would say 80% of my flights Canada/US have been changed after I made my booking

13 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

For sure, I was just commenting that just focusing on any country opening, people need to realize that flights could be changed, preferred routes not availbale

I would say 80% of my flights Canada/US have been changed after I made my booking

Then its more surprising about predictions they made for November compare to the existing bookings for that month and when the airlines canceled most of their slots. November is soon so they booking all last minute and the airlines can organize all planes last minute? I guess not. And the airlines not fly only to Thailand so they have to organize their planes and operations in advance.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

If all what you've written falls into place, will you be coming?  There is still , after all, the post arrival test followed by 2 weeks in the slammer if you test positive

I most certainly won't, I'm not looking forward to the holiday of a my lifetime