Gender Neutral British Airways...

Faraday

"Passengers travelling on British Airways flights are no longer going to be addressed as ‘ladies and gentlemen’."

"Language used in onboard announcements will be changed to ‘reflect the diversity’ of those travelling.

Why is everything being changed because of a minority?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/10/british-airways-pilots-told-not-to-address-passengers-as-ladies-and-gentlemen-15396055/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worlds gone crazy. Why don't we just re-write evolutionary facts and describe male and female and others simply as "you lot". Just as stupid, rude and perhaps will keep that small majority happy in their lives. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, possibly others as well, we don't know and we don't really care but we have to take everyone into account because everybody has feelings and we at British Air are proud - yes, proud - to count ourselves among those who truly care. Please assume the brac"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamesE said:

"Ladies and gentlemen, possibly others as well, we don't know and we don't really care but we have to take everyone into account because everybody has feelings and we at British Air are proud - yes, proud - to count ourselves among those who truly care. Please assume the brac"

Or to take it one stage further. " All you lot on board we are having to make an emergency landing. Please assume the brace position and place you head between your legs. For those gender similar people in row 32, you may feel more secure staying between your companions legs " 😂

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Why is everything being changed because of a minority?

You mean like slavery was? Or just how social oppression is? I truly get that wokeness has gotten out of hand but I also see how you can be insufficiently woke. The problem, as I see it, stems from some people who won't let other people not only be who they (or whatever their pronoun of choice is) are but who also won't accept that they really are who they say they are. The blowback from this is virtue signalling - like this BA nonsense - to stake their flag on one side of the divide or the other.

So the infamous baker in Colorado who refused to bake a wedding cake for the gay couple because it was against his religion, merely needed to say sure - accepting - I hope your lives together are very happy. And nobody would have been the wiser. I would point him in the direction of Matthew 25 for Jesus's take on acceptance. Instead he started virtue signalling with lawyers and news stories and staked his flag.

It escalated from there.

This BA thing is BS because all they had to do is change it. They didn't have to announce that they were going to change it. Just. Do. It. For once don't let your marketing department force you to stake your flag. I'm with @gummy on this although rather than "all you lot" I'd suggest the even more inclusive "everyone". I'd even wager that had they done so, exactly nobody would notice and, outside of the truly needy on both ends of the spectrum, exactly nobody would care.

So to answer your question. We change things "because of a minority" because it makes us better people for doing so.