They don't come right out and say it but...

JamesE

6 minutes ago, highonthai said:

Great production quality but I wasn't quite sure what country they were trying to promote?

The country that lives inside your head. I was expecting sitar music.

• Like 1

Jesus, does everything always have to be about the effing COVID NWO Isolation Camp worldview. Get over it. I posted a joke about a very trippy video. The response: "GOVERNMENT USING COVID TO LOCKUP PEOPLE!!! Somebody posts about their great experiences in the Sandbox. The response: "I won't travel until all this COVID nonsense and restrictions are done and the government stops tracking my every move." Please, people, sometimes life really can be enjoyable without everybody rushing to be the worst buzz-kill on the Internet.

Okay, deep breath... Why thank you @vlad. That would have been a complete waste of my time to watch but thanks for sharing anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JamesE said:

The country that lives inside your head. I was expecting sitar music.

The country that you and others don't live in and have little experience by, yet go on incessantly as if you do. 

😘

50 minutes ago, Rain said:

The country that you and others don't live in and have little experience by, yet go on incessantly as if you do. 

😘

Deep.

Ah, the daily TAT bashing thread.

From people who know the "true" numbers by sitting on their barstool.

Why farangers care so much about a government agency employed to promote Thailand? 

And as @Yinn correctly pointed out those people complaining all the time either live in Thailand or have visited Thailand numerous times. So they must be doing something right, you came!

And most of it is misleading and a deliberate wind up. Two days ago the word "spends" was changed to "pays", and there was the so predictable outrage that we were going to have to pay double for everything, claims of 25,000 Chang beers etc.

I actually wish them luck, this virus has cost a lot of Thais heavily, it will be good when they can get back on their feet. It is a sad situation currently for many.

I just can't wait to read about TAT employees again tomorrow, and the day after, and the next day etc etc etc.

carry on. It is what you do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

And most of it is misleading and a deliberate wind up. Two days ago the word "spends" was changed to "pays",

This change which enrages you so was made by The Thaiger, not TAT.

And where, to your point, was anybody bashing TAT. Did you bother to watch the video or was the pull of your high horse too strong?

When did everything get so serious?

• Like 3

Ok I just watched it and to be honest thought it was pretty good. From a production point of view it was pretty slick and if you didn't know Thailand already you might be tempted to come visit.

I'd give it a 7/10. 

45 minutes ago, JamesE said:

This change which enrages you did you bother to watch the video or was the pull of your high horse too strong?

Fair enough mate.

I am just heading out now to buy some magic mushrooms and then I will watch it again on my big screen.

It will be awesome. 

5 hours ago, JamesE said:

Jesus, does everything always have to be about the effing COVID NWO Isolation Camp worldview.

I kind of think everything actually does need to be about that until we get loose from the authoritarians. Australia (some states, least), Canada, and Lithuania are COVID police states so far, with more on the way.

I think it's sensible if you try to find joy and not dwell on the terrible situation, but when you talk to others, I don't think it should come as any big surprise if they're talking about the authoritarians taking over.

6 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Fair enough mate.

I am just heading out now to buy some magic mushrooms and then I will watch it again on my big screen.

It will be awesome. 

Don't need peyote. 

A good Ya Dong will suffice.