News Forum - Pattaya Waterfront Condo building requests to resume construction

Thaiger

An infamous Pattaya eyesore has been scheduled for demolition, but the owners submitted a surprise request to resume construction on the Waterfront Condo building on Bali Hai Pier. The 53-story condominium at the entrance to the Bali Hai Pier has been abandoned for years since 2014 and last September authorities served a legal demolition order against the owners of the building. By November Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunploem vowed to have the government demolish the building and bill Bali Hai Company for it, as they had claimed bankruptcy after all the lawsuits resulting from the building litigation. But now, the […]

The post Pattaya Waterfront Condo building requests to resume construction appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can someone tell me who actually own the development and who holds the chanot land title(s) ? Facts please if known. Bali Hai construction are the construction company but are they the development owners ?

33 minutes ago, gummy said:

Can someone tell me who actually own the development and who holds the chanot land title(s) ? Facts please if known. Bali Hai construction are the construction company but are they the development owners ?

Dontcha just love these "news" articles that are usually void of the basic journalistic tenants of investigative who, when, where, how and why? 

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

i know dude who bought 2, 12mln baht each or so

Hope he is pleased with his purchase. However he would only have made a down payment and for anybody to buy "offplan" in Thailand is a risk anyway and to do that in  Pattaya is a risk I would suggest of ridiculous proportions.

i thought this project belongs to Tulip Group Co., Ltd. It will be interesting development to follow, but of cause, most things in Pattaya make a big splash and then die for years before being reborn again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

i thought this project belongs to Tulip Group Co., Ltd. It will be interesting development to follow, but of cause, most things in Pattaya make a big splash and then die for years before being reborn again

Although massive back handers may have  recently been handed over, one of the parties involved is going to loose face massively, whether that is the developer should it still not proceed or the mayor if it does.

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

Although massive back handers may have  recently been handed over, one of the parties involved is going to loose face massively, whether that is the developer should it still not proceed or the mayor if it does.

i heard Tulip boys did a runner, but i was on my 2nd Guinness pint at Fraser's, so please don't quote me on this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Alex is spot on > http://thai-property-embargo.blogspot.com/2017/05/how-many-looser-after-waterfront.html

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

i heard Tulip boys did a runner, but i was on my 2nd Guinness pint at Fraser's, so please don't quote me on this 

On your second pint and still conscious?

Progress mate 👍🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

They should never have build it in the first place .. weird place and ugly building..  same as the central building ugly as hell

Best thing for Pattaya is for it to be demolished. Also act as a deterrent for others who think they can build what they want, where they want.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Best thing for Pattaya is for it to be demolished. Also act as a deterrent for others who think they can build what they want, where they want.

I might vote for going back in time and resetting Patters as it was in 1964. 

The project came under fire from environmental groups and locals.

Sounds like a job for Chuwit. He would sort them out.

I seriously thought about buying one. Awesome location and well designed. 

Anyone heard any news on the 90 storey O1 in Jomtien and the Bentley Boys Bruno Pingel and Michael Suttie?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

He gambled and lost.

Any property that is pre-build will be a gamble. I always feel it is safer to buy a property that is constructed in a country that I am not familiar with. You run a risk of developer running away with your money, go bankrupt or simply delay the project for years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

I always feel it is safer to buy a property that is constructed in a country that I am not familiar with.

Sure about that?

23 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

You run a risk of developer running away with your money, go bankrupt or simply delay the project for years. 

Speaking of which has any seen the O1 Bentley Boys Bruno and Michael.

this structure was unprotected and unsealed for so many years. there is enough mold in the walls to kill an elephant. i don't see how anyone would want to move in, even if builder magically completes construction. demolishing entire building or few floors (it must be a structural damage because of that) will cost a fortune. i think the question is who would pay for taking it down. all those talk about completion are just to avoid a huge bill for demolition. 

10 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

this structure was unprotected and unsealed for so many years. there is enough mold in the walls to kill an elephant. i don't see how anyone would want to move in, even if builder magically completes construction. demolishing entire building or few floors (it must be a structural damage because of that) will cost a fortune. i think the question is who would pay for taking it down. all those talk about completion are just to avoid a huge bill for demolition. 

A good question, how long can a construction be left half completed before its to damaged to complete? Probably difficult to say in general. Cybertower in Ratchada and Exchange tower in Asok were ghost towers some 10y before finally completed, didn't seem to be any issues there. But I wonder if Sathorn unique tower ever will be completed. And just imagine to try to demolish the monster...

images (94).jpeg

17 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

You are correct Alex, the structure will be compromised by moisture, even worse by salt ingress carried on sea breezes which will take a number of years to show as concrete cancer.

If the developer has funding to complete the project no-one should ever buy an apartment but hey, TIT,  who's going to warn anyone let alone condemn the project.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

You are correct Alex, the structure will be compromised by moisture, even worse by salt ingress carried on sea breezes which will take a number of years to show as concrete cancer.

If the developer has funding to complete the project no-one should ever buy an apartment but hey, TIT,  who's going to warn anyone let alone condemn the project.

Problem is they bought already, i think whole building was sold off-plan

47 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

A good question, how long can a construction be left half completed before its to damaged to complete? Probably difficult to say in general. Cybertower in Ratchada and Exchange tower in Asok were ghost towers some 10y before finally completed, didn't seem to be any issues there. But I wonder if Sathorn unique tower ever will be completed. And just imagine to try to demolish the monster...

images (94).jpeg

good luck taking this one down, fire separation and minimum adjacent building distance doesn't exist in Thailand