News Forum - Family of man killed by Swiss man claims 300,000 baht missing

Thaiger

After a Swiss man beat an intruding Thai man to death claiming self-defence, the family of the deceased claimed it was not a robbery but rather a confrontation involving an affair with the Swiss man’s wife. Now the mother of the man who was beaten to death claims that nearly 300,000 baht went missing during the incident at the Swiss man’s house. Udon Thani Police subsequently raided the home where the incident took place yesterday in search of clues regarding the 300,000 baht. The Udon Thani Provincial Court issued a search warrant for the home of 63 year old Rudolf […]

The post Family of man killed by Swiss man claims 300,000 baht missing appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Well did the RTP do a job on all of them ?

Let's hope so, as we should all becoming weary of the repeated deep psychological analytics of such a random matter. Put it to rest.

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

it was a well-known secret that the victim was carrying on an affair with the Swiss man’s wife.

A well known secret.... 😂.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, yetanother said:

" He’s been charged with assaulting someone to death." 

and being a foreigner

...and only getting attention within foreign circles, obsessively. 

A lot of unanswered questions which leads to an equal amount of idle speculation.

I hope the Swiss chap didn't have sticky fingers. His chance of beating the rap would be greatly diminished.

Who in their right mind takes 300,000 baht to a potentially dangerous situation, unless there were underlying " trust " issues elsewhere??? Hmmm.

The family justifies the gun-wielding bad behavior and lateness of the hour by lobbing in the long-time "secret affair" grenade. The problem just had to be settled then, late at night, with justifiable gun in hand.

Then his family adds more explosives with the disappearing 300,000 baht magic trick.....all of this to deflect from the nature of the violent crime perpetrated by said relative.

But do not worry Mr. Swiss farang.

The police have promised to keep an open mind before wrapping up their investigation. Wink. Wink.

Rightly or wrongly, the alleged affair,  coupled with the alleged missing 300,000 baht issue, may have already poisoned the cooking pot.

What will be the next distraction?

Perhaps there will be a lawsuit filed to recover the 300,000.

My advice...Get a good lawyer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

A lot of unanswered questions which leads to an equal amount of idle speculation.

I hope the Swiss chap didn't have sticky fingers. His chance of beating the rap would be greatly diminished.

Who in their right mind takes 300,000 baht to a potentially dangerous situation, unless there were underlying " trust " issues elsewhere??? Hmmm.

The family justifies the gun-wielding bad behavior and lateness of the hour by lobbing in the long-time "secret affair" grenade. The problem just had to be settled then, late at night, with justifiable gun in hand.

Then his family adds more explosives with the disappearing 300,000 baht magic trick.....all of this to deflect from the nature of the violent crime perpetrated by said relative.

But do not worry Mr. Swiss farang.

The police have promised to keep an open mind before wrapping up their investigation. Wink. Wink.

Rightly or wrongly, the alleged affair,  coupled with the alleged missing 300,000 baht issue, may have already poisoned the cooking pot.

What will be the next distraction?

Perhaps there will be a lawsuit filed to recover the 300,000.

My advice...Get a good lawyer.

My advice is leave it alone. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

After a Swiss man beat an intruding Thai man to death claiming self-defence, the family of the deceased claimed it was not a robbery but rather a confrontation involving an affair with the Swiss man’s wife. Now the mother of the man who was beaten to death claims that nearly 300,000 baht went missing during the incident at the Swiss man’s house. Udon Thani Police subsequently raided the home where the incident took place yesterday in search of clues regarding the 300,000 baht. The Udon Thani Provincial Court issued a search warrant for the home of 63 year old Rudolf […]

The post Family of man killed by Swiss man claims 300,000 baht missing appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sure they have 300 000 baht at home in their village and then he take it with him and a gun and break into the swiss mans house and put a gun into his face because of his affair. What comes next a missing Ferrari and the watches from the dead friends?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

A well known secret.... 😂.

Not according to the wife, who according to village headman in the source report:

"He also stated that the wife of Mr. Rudolf has stated to him that she had never met the slain intruder before and did not know him, nor had been involved in any sort of relationship."

Since the dead man's mother says the wife telephoned him that evening, a simple check of phone records could confirm her story pretty easily.

• Like 3

Plain and simple the  biggest crime in this instance is the Swiss being a foreigner. A man breaks into your house, with a gun,   a struggle ensued and the intruder id subdued and tied up but then dies. The defendant is then charged with use of undue force defending himself, then taken into custody.      Imagine the roles being reversed. The police would be parading the home owner as a hero.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BJoe said:

Imagine the roles being reversed. 

You mean a Swiss man being alleged to have had an affair with a Thai man's wife, then  being found tied up at the Thai's house, kicked to death, with a gun beside his body, with the Thai man claiming the Swiss had gone to his house with a gun to rob him, and his wife claiming she'd never seen him before?

Somehow I doubt the Thai man would have been released on bail .....

1 hour ago, Stonker said:Somehow I doubt the Thai man would have been released on bail .....

If the tables were turned I doubt the police would charge the Thai man but instead hail him as a hero for stopping a possible rape by a home invader. 
Back in the real world, taking 300,000 baht and a gun to your lover’s home? Perhaps he anticipated having to pay bail money or to fill a brown envelope. 
If the Thai guy has just stayed at his home none of this would have happened.

imo, the Swiss guy will walk as dead men tell no tales. 

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

If the Thai guy has just stayed at his home none of this would have happened

... and if farangs didn't come here they'd never be involved in car accidents, so the accidents must be their fault????? 😂 😂 😂

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

If the tables were turned I doubt the police would charge the Thai man but instead hail him as a hero for stopping a possible rape by a home invader. 
Back in the real world, taking 300,000 baht and a gun to your lover’s home? Perhaps he anticipated having to pay bail money or to fill a brown envelope. 
If the Thai guy has just stayed at his home none of this would have happened.

imo, the Swiss guy will walk as dead men tell no tales. 

Ah the 'brown envelope.'

No mystery is complete without it.

Or fantasy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... and if farangs didn't come here they'd never be involved in car accidents, so the accidents must be their fault????? 😂 😂 😂

If the farang aren’t here how can they be involved in an accident? /confused… 
That’s irrelevant I guess as farangs are always at fault in a car accident. 

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

It's an age thing, usually. Slower reflexes, see?

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Well, you're obviously confused ... and equally obviously misinformed. 

So he came to the house late at night, where he was having an affair with the owner's wife, bringing a gun and $300K with him. He then gets beaten up and tied up and dies before the police arrive, and the gun was still there, but the 300K is missing. Does anyone know what the wife was doing all that time 😉.

34 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

So he came to the house late at night, where he was having an affair with the owner's wife, bringing a gun and $300K with him. He then gets beaten up and tied up and dies before the police arrive, and the gun was still there, but the 300K is missing. Does anyone know what the wife was doing all that time 😉.

Counting the money maybe ?

43 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Probably online shopping for designer handbags..🤣

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Perhaps it was the Thai version of "Indecent Proposal"?