Order for a total alcohol ban

Stardust

I am not sure with regards to all the recent 'come back tourists' announcements from TAT and PM, if this Government decree banning all alcohol sales is yet another 'lets shoot ourselves in the foot again'  OR is it more like  'just who is in charge around here?'  🀣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I am not sure with regards to all the recent 'come back tourists' announcements from TAT and PM, if this Government decree banning all alcohol sales is yet another 'lets shoot ourselves in the foot again'  OR is it more like  'just who is in charge around here?'  🀣

The new welcoming opening with the order no fun allowed. Anti fun holidays 🀣🀣🀣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, palooka said:

Lets hope other Provincial Governers don't get the same idea and we have a contaigous disease of stupidity.

Too late - that started a long long time ago 😁

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

StupidityΒ  is not contagious, simply genericΒ πŸ˜‚

Genetic?Β  Although it is very generic in Thailand.Β  Lovely wonderful people, but not the sharpest tools in the shed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

Genetic?Β  Although it is very generic in Thailand.Β  Lovely wonderful people, but not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I was not referring to normal Thais there @aussiebob, rather the elite that call themselves the "adminstrion". Government, Ministers, senators, Governors etc.Β  . Far from it because as you know you are ineligible for selection as an MP ( amongst other positions) unless you hold a degree ( yes we know the value of those here or who has "bought" them), whereas over the years I have met countless normal Thais, many poorly educated by our standards, yet they have more common sense then those others combined.Β 

21 minutes ago, gummy said:

I was not referring to normal Thais there @aussiebob, rather the elite that call themselves the "adminstrion". Government, Ministers, senators, Governors etc.Β  . Far from it because as you know you are ineligible for selection as an MP ( amongst other positions) unless you hold a degree ( yes we know the value of those here or who has "bought" them), whereas over the years I have met countless normal Thais, many poorly educated by our standards, yet they have more common sense then those others combined.Β 

I hear you @gummy - and very true.Β  I have met some seriously smart people in my time, and some of them are the dumbest oxygen thieves on the planet. I have also met some very 'basic' people who have more common sense than most others - they 'know' what is right/wrong.Β 

Holding a degree in Thailand is as you said, absolutely nothing. I have a Thai relative who has a 'degree' in IT and other than her smartphone, she has no idea how IT actually works.Β Β 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Are you being sarcastic or serious ?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, gummy said:

The normal Thais also say that their buffalos have more brain. I heard that when they had this friday shows at the tv a old woman said all her animals are much more intelligent. They know very well how incompetent these Clowns are.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, gummy said:

Far from it because as you know you are ineligible for selection as an MP ( amongst other positions) unless you hold a degree

You must have a degree to get a 7/11 franchise!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you @gummy - and very true.Β  I have met some seriously smart people in my time, and some of them are the dumbest oxygen thieves on the planet. I have also met some very 'basic' people who have more common sense than most others - they 'know' what is right/wrong.Β 

Holding a degree in Thailand is as you said, absolutely nothing. I have a Thai relative who has a 'degree' in IT and other than her smartphone, she has no idea how IT actually works.Β Β 

Yes the education system must be reformed. They think to learn them to salute and take orders is a education or learn sometimg but they teach them the opposite not to learn anything and not think. They never teach them critical thinking so they have big problem to learn complex things and they tell them they don't know what is good for them so always they have to do what they order and believe everything what they say. This is realy a crime on all children, students and nation of Thailand.

2 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

You must have a degree to get a 7/11 franchise!

Clearly not in Maths because in these days it would have been the 0.63Β rΒ Β franchiseΒ πŸ˜‚

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes the education system must be reformed. They think to learn them to salute and take orders is a education or learn sometimg but they teach them the opposite not to learn anything and not think. They never teach them critical thinking so they have big problem to learn complex things and they tell them they don't know what is good for them so always they have to do what they order and believe everything what they say. This is realy a crime on all children, students and nation of Thailand.

True.Β  I like how they teach national pride and all that, but at its core the education system in Thailand is very much a military system - it is not about 'learning how to learn and question things' - it is all about learning what to do and how to do it.Β  Β But the opposite (as in the west) is even worse I reckon - a total lack of respect for authority, and a complete ignorance of the past, and no understanding that rights come with responsibilities and that everyone is accountable for the decisions they make in their own lives.Β  Thailand has a very 'military' education system, and the west's education system has devolved into a 'nanny state' indoctrination.Β  Somewhere in between is where I think the ideal education system resides - a balance between the two extremes of 'authority' and 'individualism'.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Β 

That is quite a low bar to set, knowing the difference between right and wrong .Β 

18 hours ago, Rain said:

Seems to be the fashion of the last several months among the authoritarian set.Β 

This too, will pass -Β 

like a kidney stone

2 hours ago, JamesE said:

That would take a degree in biology... Muppet Shrinking GIF

Actually that is true - no one really understands it all these days.Β  But if one more 'IT Expert' who just got out of school tells this 35 year IT veteran why I should or should not do something, I will smack them down.

Oh, I don't know.

When I have problems of the IT kind, I always give it to someone young who sorts it out in minutes.

The 'I knew better 20 years ago' approach is doomed to fail.

• Like 1