Jump to content

Order for a total alcohol ban


Stardust
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am not sure with regards to all the recent 'come back tourists' announcements from TAT and PM, if this Government decree banning all alcohol sales is yet another 'lets shoot ourselves in the foot again'  OR is it more like  'just who is in charge around here?'  🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I am not sure with regards to all the recent 'come back tourists' announcements from TAT and PM, if this Government decree banning all alcohol sales is yet another 'lets shoot ourselves in the foot again'  OR is it more like  'just who is in charge around here?'  🤣

The new welcoming opening with the order no fun allowed. Anti fun holidays 🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, palooka said:

Lets hope other Provincial Governers don't get the same idea and we have a contaigous disease of stupidity.

Too late - that started a long long time ago 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

Stupidity  is not contagious, simply generic 😂

Genetic?  Although it is very generic in Thailand.  Lovely wonderful people, but not the sharpest tools in the shed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

Genetic?  Although it is very generic in Thailand.  Lovely wonderful people, but not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I was not referring to normal Thais there @aussiebob, rather the elite that call themselves the "adminstrion". Government, Ministers, senators, Governors etc.  . Far from it because as you know you are ineligible for selection as an MP ( amongst other positions) unless you hold a degree ( yes we know the value of those here or who has "bought" them), whereas over the years I have met countless normal Thais, many poorly educated by our standards, yet they have more common sense then those others combined. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, gummy said:

I was not referring to normal Thais there @aussiebob, rather the elite that call themselves the "adminstrion". Government, Ministers, senators, Governors etc.  . Far from it because as you know you are ineligible for selection as an MP ( amongst other positions) unless you hold a degree ( yes we know the value of those here or who has "bought" them), whereas over the years I have met countless normal Thais, many poorly educated by our standards, yet they have more common sense then those others combined. 

I hear you @gummy - and very true.  I have met some seriously smart people in my time, and some of them are the dumbest oxygen thieves on the planet. I have also met some very 'basic' people who have more common sense than most others - they 'know' what is right/wrong. 

Holding a degree in Thailand is as you said, absolutely nothing. I have a Thai relative who has a 'degree' in IT and other than her smartphone, she has no idea how IT actually works.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Genetic?  Although it is very generic in Thailand.  Lovely wonderful people, but not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Are you being sarcastic or serious ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, gummy said:

I was not referring to normal Thais there @aussiebob, rather the elite that call themselves the "adminstrion". Government, Ministers, senators, Governors etc.  . Far from it because as you know you are ineligible for selection as an MP ( amongst other positions) unless you hold a degree ( yes we know the value of those here or who has "bought" them), whereas over the years I have met countless normal Thais, many poorly educated by our standards, yet they have more common sense then those others combined. 

The normal Thais also say that their buffalos have more brain. I heard that when they had this friday shows at the tv a old woman said all her animals are much more intelligent. They know very well how incompetent these Clowns are.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, gummy said:

Far from it because as you know you are ineligible for selection as an MP ( amongst other positions) unless you hold a degree

You must have a degree to get a 7/11 franchise!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you @gummy - and very true.  I have met some seriously smart people in my time, and some of them are the dumbest oxygen thieves on the planet. I have also met some very 'basic' people who have more common sense than most others - they 'know' what is right/wrong. 

Holding a degree in Thailand is as you said, absolutely nothing. I have a Thai relative who has a 'degree' in IT and other than her smartphone, she has no idea how IT actually works.  

Yes the education system must be reformed. They think to learn them to salute and take orders is a education or learn sometimg but they teach them the opposite not to learn anything and not think. They never teach them critical thinking so they have big problem to learn complex things and they tell them they don't know what is good for them so always they have to do what they order and believe everything what they say. This is realy a crime on all children, students and nation of Thailand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

You must have a degree to get a 7/11 franchise!

Clearly not in Maths because in these days it would have been the 0.63  franchise 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes the education system must be reformed. They think to learn them to salute and take orders is a education or learn sometimg but they teach them the opposite not to learn anything and not think. They never teach them critical thinking so they have big problem to learn complex things and they tell them they don't know what is good for them so always they have to do what they order and believe everything what they say. This is realy a crime on all children, students and nation of Thailand.

True.  I like how they teach national pride and all that, but at its core the education system in Thailand is very much a military system - it is not about 'learning how to learn and question things' - it is all about learning what to do and how to do it.   But the opposite (as in the west) is even worse I reckon - a total lack of respect for authority, and a complete ignorance of the past, and no understanding that rights come with responsibilities and that everyone is accountable for the decisions they make in their own lives.  Thailand has a very 'military' education system, and the west's education system has devolved into a 'nanny state' indoctrination.  Somewhere in between is where I think the ideal education system resides - a balance between the two extremes of 'authority' and 'individualism'. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you @gummy - and very true.  I have met some seriously smart people in my time, and some of them are the dumbest oxygen thieves on the planet. I have also met some very 'basic' people who have more common sense than most others - they 'know' what is right/wrong. 

 

That is quite a low bar to set, knowing the difference between right and wrong . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

may I point out, that a Degree in farangland must be earned, I feel that is not the case in LOS for many. 🤔

Edited by KaptainRob
Quote deleted
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Rain said:

Seems to be the fashion of the last several months among the authoritarian set. 

This too, will pass - 

like a kidney stone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JamesE said:

That would take a degree in biology... Muppet Shrinking GIF

Actually that is true - no one really understands it all these days.  But if one more 'IT Expert' who just got out of school tells this 35 year IT veteran why I should or should not do something, I will smack them down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use