Dog's

Train

Our neighbor has 15 dogs. Barking and hauling the entire day. They never can go out.

We have very aggressive soi dogs walking in the village. 

In Pattaya/Nongprue dogs are everywhere.

And nobody seems to care.

IS there a Animal Protection?

Any idea how to solve? Thanks.

Sister in law lives on a relatively posh and well managed estate. Bloke moved in a few months ago with over 30 dogs, it's a wall of sound!. He claims it's his right to have as many dogs as he wants, does seem to have gotten rid of a few but still a terrible racket. It's not animal protection that is needed it's dog eradication. We have about 10 yapping away around our house- all left out all day while the so called owners are at work. 

Not everyone is a Doggie lover

• Like 1

https://www.soidog.org/content/spay-neuter-and-vaccination-cnvr

https://www.vetvanthailand.com/

These are the only two organizations that I know of that are actively working to contain the problem...I have been in touch with the vetvan to try to schedule a trip down to PKK...but I did not follow through with it.  I have four spayed cats which we cage at night. My wife gathers up all the new kittens in the soi and posts them on Facebook and they are usually gone in a day but the soi clowder continues to grow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Train said:

Our neighbor has 15 dogs. Barking and hauling the entire day. They never can go out.

Sadly, you're probably SOL.
Regarding the strays, you might try contacting https://hopeforstrays.org/ , because Pattaya's animal-control department doesn't give a shit and thinks alley dogs are good for the community: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-vet-stray-dogs-good-neighborhoods-219889

I don't believe Soi Dog Foundation does work in Pattaya, but I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Train said:

You could always have a word with the local tessabaan, one neighbour of ours had an husky type of of dog and she would go to work all day leaving the dog chained up all day and of course it barked incessantly, it was reported to the tessabaan and they came down to look and had a word with all the neighbours, it was gone shortly after.

Maybe its moving had more to do with being chained up than its barking, but I don't know, might be worth a try.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BainaiThai said:

https://www.soidog.org/content/spay-neuter-and-vaccination-cnvr

https://www.vetvanthailand.com/

These are the only two organizations that I know of that are actively working to contain the problem...I have been in touch with the vetvan to try to schedule a trip down to PKK...but I did not follow through with it.  I have four spayed cats which we cage at night. My wife gathers up all the new kittens in the soi and posts them on Facebook and they are usually gone in a day but the soi clowder continues to grow.

They have not contained anything apart from slowing down the population growth of soi  cats and dogs, of which there are millions. Even after the small number they deal with are snipped they are still pests.

2 hours ago, Train said:

One idea maybe;

"In culinary terms, dog meat is normally blanched or soaked before cooking to dispel the earthier, heavier aspects of its flavour. It is then, typically, made into slow-cooked soups and stews seasoned with ginger, spring onion, rice wine and spices, although it may also be roasted, or served cold as an appetiser. The tender meat of puppies is favoured over that of older dogs."

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33283694

On 10/3/2021 at 9:17 PM, gummy said:

One idea maybe;

"In culinary terms, dog meat is normally blanched or soaked before cooking to dispel the earthier, heavier aspects of its flavour. It is then, typically, made into slow-cooked soups and stews seasoned with ginger, spring onion, rice wine and spices, although it may also be roasted, or served cold as an appetiser. The tender meat of puppies is favoured over that of older dogs."

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33283694

Just thinking the same. 

Slow grilled, curried, etc. 

I live in countryside 15km south of Prachuap it is noticeable more stray dogs being dumped out here yes we had strays before but there's recently been about and extra 15/20 dumped of these some are problematic, if they carry on i imagine local thais will take matters into hand

I am a dog lover and have 3 dogs on my property they bother no one apart from me

Messrs @gummy @rain i am sorry to say IMHO dog meat no matter how prepared or of any age , tastes as bad as camel, believe me that is also rank so I  would go with a simple cull

I had my first camel meat on Egyptian Sudanese border was told it was delicous all i can say was the smell of it cooking was marginally worse that its taste

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

I live in countryside 15km south of Prachuap it is noticeable more stray dogs being dumped out here yes we had strays before but there's recently been about and extra 15/20 dumped of these some are problematic, if they carry on i imagine local thais will take matters into hand

I am a dog lover and have 3 dogs on my property they bother no one apart from me

Messrs @gummy @rain i am sorry to say IMHO dog meat no matter how prepared or of any age , tastes as bad as camel, believe me that is also rank so I  would go with a simple cull

I had my first camel meat on Egyptian Sudanese border was told it was delicous all i can say was the smell of it cooking was marginally worse that its taste

Never tried camel but dog meat didn't seem too bad. Strangely all the years I have been hear only last week I was saying to the wife that I had never eaten buffalo here.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:42 AM, Train said:

Don't know if still in-place, but Nong Prue Amphur use to have a department (licencing? - building opposite main entrance to office building) handling complaints of barking dogs in moo ban. Had to have a few Thais from the moo ban to back up the complaint which can be an issue due to community politics. Worth a try. Whatever you do don't personally complain to the owner just in case a local takes direct action.