Thaiger Talk Quiz #001 - Beer in Thailand

BigHewer

Well I did get 5 out of 5 but have to admit the last question was a simple guess, actually never tried it but when I see it I'll give it a go.

2 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

4 out of 5, I've never heard of Phuket Beer.  Is that a thing?

Its the one I guessed at but never drunk. It is a "Phuket" priced beer and as it is 5%, same as singha,  and I think around 130 baht per large bottle then don't think I shall rush out to buy it 

6 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I actually first tried it in Koh Kong in Cambodia a few years ago. Goes down nicely, different to the others. Interesting that it’s the only beer that conforms to that old law.

8 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

It's very good but exxy as they have to export/re-import and pay the higher taxes due to draconian laws.

27 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

I only got 1 out of 5 🤣🤣🤣

but I have never drunk any beer in my life 🤣🤣🤣

Just out of interest @spicy_girl, what was the one question that you did get right? 😎

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Just out of interest @spicy_girl, what was the one question that you did get right? 😎

should have made that a secondary quiz 'cos I  would have plumped @spicy_girl getting number one correct purely because of the tiger logo perhaps

1 minute ago, gummy said:

should have made that a secondary quiz 'cos I  woud have plumped @spicy_girl getting number one correct purely because of the tiger logo perhaps

Let’s wait for her response 😎

18 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Everton and Chang I know!

Premier League yes, beer no no no. How about food quiz please?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 out of 5 ;) 

had tried Phuket beer a couple of times when i lived there many years ago ,gotta say it'snot my favourite ;)

472998235_phuketbeer.jpg.46457f3c60193b1ccbc5467169b3dba1.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

5 out of 5 ;) 

had tried Phuket beer a couple of times when i lived there many years ago ,gotta say it'snot my favourite ;)

472998235_phuketbeer.jpg.46457f3c60193b1ccbc5467169b3dba1.jpg

Just out of interest Slacker77, which is your Thai beer of choice? I’m guessing Chang, because of Everton? 😎

On a related topic

Not many Thai places here in Vancouver have Thai beers at the moment because of Covid

Yesterday for lunch, a new place we went had Chang!

1st one in 3 months that had Thai beer 

I prefer Chang but happy to have a Singha with Thai food, as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Same-same. Beer and English Footbon, the two things I know less than nothing about.

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I actually first tried it in Koh Kong in Cambodia a few years ago. Goes down nicely, different to the others. Interesting that it’s the only beer that conforms to that old law.

I know the original owner who made it and then finally sold out years later. He originally  brewed at the Thailand San Miguel brewery but some years back that got expensive and I believe they could not keep up with orders so it did a switch brewing to Cambodia. They could be doing from Thailand again and still Cambodia but I am not up on the gossip now. Might make sense for both now because the North American and EU markets were growing really fast back then. There was also another Thai beer called Nakhon who I also new the owner, but last word I heard was that got bought out by Phuket. Small world amongst these guys. Anyway Phu is a pretty good beer when icy cold. That’s about all I am open to say about it. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

14 hours ago, thai3 said:

Spirits girl then 😛

Mwah maybe thai3 🤣🤣🤣

I drank alcohol only one time, five years ago. Smirnoff mixer, yummy 🤤 

On 10/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, BigHewer said:

Just out of interest Slacker77, which is your Thai beer of choice? I’m guessing Chang, because of Everton? 😎

Always been drinking Chang but the last 3 years i'm more a Leo drinker , don't ask me why but need to change sometimes ,like The Adverts song New ways are best ,if you're a fan of old british punk rock then u know that one.

And howabout you BigHewer what beer is your no1 

8 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Always been drinking Chang but the last 3 years i'm more a Leo drinker , don't ask me why but need to change sometimes ,like The Adverts song New ways are best ,if you're a fan of old british punk rock then u know that one.

And howabout you BigHewer what beer is your no1 

Yeah, I’m a Leo drinker as well. When I first went to Thailand in the 90s I drank Singha because it was the only beer I’d heard of. Switched to Chang for a few years (the beer promotion girls can be very persuasive 🍺🇹🇭) and then finally about three years ago did a proper taste test and surprise surprise, liked Leo best.

• Like 1