Using a VE after arriving for years with a Non O visa ?

dimitri

For several years I am using Non O visas to visit Thailand (based on having a Thai child).

My next visit will be for only 1 month.

Can I use a VE for that?

It will save me 2 trips to the consulate, the E 70 fee for the visa, and the compulsory insurance will be only for a month instead of 3 months with a Non O visa. Total savings will be about E 200 and it will save me a day driving back and forth... 

• Like 1

Hi Dimitri,

Yes you can enter VE (Visa exempt) which normally permits a stay of 30 days, though currently 45 days is being granted. You can also apply for a 30 day extension of stay for 1,900 baht.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Faz said:

though currently 45 days is being granted

Has this been extended? The US Thai Embassy is still showing the 45-day stamp expired on 30 Sept.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JamesE said:

Has this been extended? The US Thai Embassy is still showing the 45-day stamp expired on 30 Sept.

Another confusing issue that hasn't been officially clarified or confirmed.
Although quarantine has been reduced for certain vaccinated groups to 7 days, others may have to still do 10/14 days in AQ. I suspect they'll still issue 45 days on a VE entry but that will probably only be confirmed when we hear from someone who has actually entered VE since Oct 1st.

• Like 3