Goodbye Gladys...

billywillyjones

I have never been a fan of the NSW Premier, however I do note a couple of things.

Firstly, as yet she has not been proven guilty of actually doing anything corrupt so I will wait for those outcomes before expressing an opinion on such matters.

Secondly, I do acknowledge that she has taken a stance on the matter and resigned because it follows what she said for her Ministers to do if subject to such an investigation. i.e. stand aside during the duration. Unfortunately, she does not seem to feel she can just do that and has gone a step further. To me it shows a rare depth of character in a Politician.

Compared to others in Australia at both State and Federal levels and most overseas ones you hear in the news, it stands out. Compare her actions to some federal Politicians of late. That is where Australia really needs a body like ICAC and where I believe you will find far greater cases of corruption than what she seems to stand accused of!

• Like 3

On 10/3/2021 at 4:59 PM, Smithydog said:

I have never been a fan of the NSW Premier, however I do note a couple of things.

Firstly, as yet she has not been proven guilty of actually doing anything corrupt so I will wait for those outcomes before expressing an opinion on such matters.

Secondly, I do acknowledge that she has taken a stance on the matter and resigned because it follows what she said for her Ministers to do if subject to such an investigation. i.e. stand aside during the duration. Unfortunately, she does not seem to feel she can just do that and has gone a step further. To me it shows a rare depth of character in a Politician.

Compared to others in Australia at both State and Federal levels and most overseas ones you hear in the news, it stands out. Compare her actions to some federal Politicians of late. That is where Australia really needs a body like ICAC and where I believe you will find far greater cases of corruption than what she seems to stand accused of!

Often where there is smoke there is fire.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/john-barilaro-deputy-premier-resigns-days-after-gladys-berejiklian-nsw/956f1965-2c0a-4710-bad7-7ef2010700d9

On 10/3/2021 at 7:59 PM, Smithydog said:

So far she hasn't been accused of anything, currently only under investigation.

• Like 1