Grand Rapids couple dies 1 minute apart from COVID-19

9S_

Source: Local Fox News https://www.fox17online.com/news/coronavirus/grand-rapids-couple-dies-1-minute-apart-from-covid-19

From the Article:

“[My dad] called me before our family camping trip and said he wasn’t feeling good but he thinks it’s just like sinus, and [Linda] caught it and she’s like, he gave me his cold,” said Sarah. “The third day they woke me up and said, ‘we’ve got to go because we don’t feel well.’ So I packed them all up and they left.”

Days later, the couple was hospitalized and on ventilators – both had preexisting conditions that made things even more dire. By this past Sunday, doctors were telling Sarah and the family there wasn’t much more they could do, and the couple would likely need to come off life-support Monday.

After being wheeled into the same room, moments later, Cal passed away at 11:07 a.m.

At 11:08 a.m., less than a minute later, Linda passed away as well as the couple held hands in hospital beds beside one another.

My own words:

Requiem Aeternam 

909507BD-A3F3-4DD7-93D3-B79524D4379E.jpeg

• Like 1

Was the preexisting condition stupidity? Let's see..middle of a pandemic..a couple who both have a preexisting conditions come down with a "sinus" cold. They tell daughter they don't think they should go on trip...they go anyway. Congratulations! At least you made it onto your local Fox News.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Was the preexisting condition stupidity? Let's see..middle of a pandemic..a couple who both have a preexisting conditions come down with a "sinus" cold. They tell daughter they don't think they should go on trip...they go anyway. Congratulations! At least you made it onto your local Fox News.

It is the selfishness to disregard not feeling well during a pandemic and still being out around people that is galling 

I had a dinner scheduled tonight with my boss that  I've never met because of Covid 

I'm not feeling well. So I cancelled

Doubt it is anything but if you don't feel well, you should stay home!

12 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I had a dinner scheduled tonight with my boss that  I've never met because of Covid 

I'm not feeling well. So I cancelled

Doubt it is anything but if you don't feel well, you should stay home!

When staying home not well and not sure whether it is covid, are you taking any preventative/curative remedies?

9 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

When staying home not well and not sure whether it is covid, are you taking any preventative/curative remedies?

I doubt very highly it's even close to covid 

Have no symptoms associated with covid

But I think covid has, or should have, made people realize if they aren't feeling well, for anything, they shouldn't go out and be around people

You should stay home

Triply so if you have any covid symptoms 

It definitely has changed the work dynamic in North America where people used to go into work sick

Now they stay home, as they should 

Edited by Marc26
  • Thanks 1