Consulates around the world

Storm

A few weeks ago, while enquiring at the local Consulate about a visa, I got the following reply:  ''From 28th May, 2021, due to changes in the procedures for the approval of Visas,  Consulates worldwide will no longer be able to process applications for Visas or Legalisations, these can only be issued by Thai Embassies.''

After the recent updates - where STVs are being extended for another year, Quarantine will be scrapped from November, and possibly other welcome changes (perhaps removal of the dreaded COE), has anyone seen or heard anything about visa applications through Consulates?

3 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Visa turnaround was about 3 days, initial CoE pre-approval was overnight.

Wow! that's very efficient

4 minutes ago, JamesE said:

In the US, Thai consulates have been processing visas and CoEs no problem. 

That's very good! Unfortunately it's not the case everywhere, and in my case, I would have to deal with an Embassy outside my country, and either send over the passport with a courrier or go abroad with it in person!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Faz said:

It would help if you stated your nationality, location and which Consulate you enquired at.

Sure. I'm Maltese, live in Malta and asked the Thai consulate here, and I was directed to enquire at the Thai Embassy in Greece :(

For some time, Visa applications at Consulates in Australia have been limited - not all of them do Non-O Visa applications (Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney).  They can all do a Tourist Visa which is easy, but only the 'big 3' can do a Non-Immigrant O Visa (last time I checked).   People here in other States and Regional locations can apply by completing documents and sending by registered post - is that an option for you?

8 hours ago, Storm said:

Sure. I'm Maltese, live in Malta and asked the Thai consulate here, and I was directed to enquire at the Thai Embassy in Greece :(

The Thai Consulate in Malta is an honorary Consulate and as such offers limited services.
They don't even have their own website. It is supervised by the Thai Embassy in Athens.
For anything other than a Tourist Visa, it's now quite common to have to apply direct to an Embassy, rather than a Consulate in many Countries, although not all.

Athens doesn't even list the STV.