News Forum - More guidelines announced for schools reopening

Thaiger

Guidelines from the Ministry of Education for the reopening of schools say that 85% of teachers must be fully vaccinated before schools can resume a hybrid of onsite and online learning. Class size is limited to 25 students and they must stay 1.5 metres apart. The 85% aspect of the guidelines had previously been mentioned about 2 weeks prior. The guidelines come via the Permanent Secretary of the Education Ministry, Supat Champathong who announced the new parameters ahead of the new school semester, which starts in November. It is recommended that parents and students get vaccinated to be in line […]

The post More guidelines announced for schools reopening appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Sitt 1,5 meters apart?  But whenever there's a break...

They go back to being normal children, pull hair, poke one another, push and shove to get out the door first, share food and generally touch everyone,anything and everything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

It is recommended that parents and students get vaccinated to be in line with the guidelines set by the Ministries of Education and Public Health.

How?

With what?

... and what about the rest of the family?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Guidelines from the Ministry of Education

“The code is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules." -Hector Barbossa

so ….. they’re not rules …. Which means in typical Thai fashion, they will be followed and enforced?

Even with a surgical mask a sneeze travels could be near 2.5 - 3ft or near 1 meter. But where do the drops land and do the kids not pick their noses and touch things? Kids are notorious nose pickers and touchers and wipers. 85% of teachers having to be vaccinated is 85/100. 15 teachers is a lot. 850/1000. 150 is a lot.

Edited by Faz
image in breach of FG's removed.

57 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Even with a surgical mask a sneeze travels could be near 2.5 - 3ft or near 1 meter. But where do the drops land and do the kids not pick their noses and touch things? Kids are notorious nose pickers and touchers and wipers. 85% of teachers having to be vaccinated is 85/100. 15 teachers is a lot. 850/1000. 150 is a lot.

Stop giving them ideas! 🤬

The government is about to ban nosepicking and touching now 🥴

More chance of that happening then of vaccination (allegedly)...

Edited by Faz
removed quoted image

3 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Who said you could use my word of the year!

Stop giving them ideas! 🤬

The government is about to ban nosepicking and touching now 🥴

More chance of that happening then of vaccination (allegedly©️)...

It sounds bad, because it's not fun to be sick, but children should be exposed to germs as much as possible to get a healthy normal functioning immune system. 

What they teach their children and in school is to shower in alcohol gel and (not yet, but almost) put it in the food so there won't be germs in the food. 

They teach children to social distance while in this time of their life, they see this as the norm. Children should touch each other, not only to get exposed to germs but also there is a social part which they lack of later in life when people do everything to prevent this. 

3 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

What they teach their children and in school is to shower in alcohol gel and (not yet, but almost) put it in the food so there won't be germs in the food. 

Yeah, putting it in the food is generally not so good (except for boeuf bourguignon etc) But in a glass next to your plate is a good plan! 😋🤣

wine-with-pork-8ba3827.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

It sounds bad, because it's not fun to be sick, but children should be exposed to germs as much as possible to get a healthy normal functioning immune system. 

They teach children to social distance while in this time of their life, they see this as the norm. Children should touch each other, not only to get exposed to germs but also there is a social part which they lack of later in life when people do everything to prevent this. 

On a more serious note, you are generally correct.

However , that is not applicable in a situation where the contaminant is a harmful virus that can be passed on from person to person and harm someone unprotected.

This is not simply a case of "very few kids will suffer from Covid and their immune system will deal with it". This is a case of "kids will be the superspreaders to the vulnerable group that hasn't been protected yet".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Guidelines from the Ministry of Education for the reopening of schools say that 85% of teachers must be fully vaccinated before schools can resume a hybrid of onsite and online learning.

That is only one guideline, where are all the rest? Thaiger did a reasonable job last year of providing that in their article last year …. 
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/6-guidelines-issued-for-schools-to-reopen-in-july

Any changes since then, or is it only the drop from 100% of teachers vaccinated down to 85% that has been added?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Yeah, putting it in the food is generally not so good (except for boeuf bourguignon etc) But in a glass next to your plate is a good plan! 😋🤣

wine-with-pork-8ba3827.jpg

Actually, wasn't there a news article the other day on how some people use the alcohol spray on their food? 

6 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Actually, wasn't there a news article the other day on how some people use the alcohol spray on their food? 

Yes, with those sprays they use to disinfect furniture.

That's really frowned upon though, unless your wife's cooking is thát bad that the spray improves it 🤣🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

students and they must stay 1.5 metres apart.

Hmm, when my wife's four-year-old niece went for an interview earlier this year for a nursery school place, I noticed all the kids moving around classrooms were wearing masks.
Only one out of a dozen in a group following their teacher had the mask over their face. The rest of them had it under their chin. 'Nun' were reprimanded by the teacher.

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The mass vaccination of students between the ages of 12 and 18 starts next Monday

My wife's niece had her vaccination two days ago.

So much left un said as normal. Kids need to be vaccinated. What about those under 12 that can't be vaccinated? 

This school year is already dead in the water. How they can expect to teach a year of lessons in half a year. 

OK so I don't have answers but from what I am reading, neither does the government 

6 minutes ago, PompeyLlama said:

So much left un said as normal. Kids need to be vaccinated. What about those under 12 that can't be vaccinated? 

This school year is already dead in the water. How they can expect to teach a year of lessons in half a year. 

OK so I don't have answers but from what I am reading, neither does the government 

My post immediately before yours mentioned my wife's four-year-old niece who was vaccinated on Monday.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Bluesofa said:

Hmm, when my wife's four-year-old niece went for an interview earlier this year for a nursery school place, I noticed all the kids moving around classrooms were wearing masks.
Only one out of a dozen in a group following their teacher had the mask over their face. The rest of them had it under their chin. 'Nun' were reprimanded by the teacher.

My wife's niece had her vaccination two days ago.

Did not think the health ministery had approved and vaccine for the under 12s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PompeyLlama said:
On 9/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Bluesofa said:

My wife's [four-year-old] niece had her vaccination two days ago.

Did not think the health ministery had approved and vaccine for the under 12s

I have no idea, but it was an officially organised appointment, My wife said there were dozens of little kids there for it.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:46 AM, Bluesofa said:

I have no idea, but it was an officially organised appointment, My wife said there were dozens of little kids there for it.

Nothing at government schools nor from what I can see government approved. I know the rejected the Chinese stuff for use for under 12s because of a lack of evidence that it was completely safe