News Forum - 6 dead and 30 provinces affected by Dianmu

Thaiger

The tropical storm Dianmu has resulted in flooding across 30 provinces in Thailand and has claimed 6 lives since September 23. The summary comes via the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, today. The report says Dianmu has resulted in flooding in: Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Loei, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Yasothon, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Lop Buri, Suphan Buri, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya and Nakhon Pathom. 5 of the deaths are from the Lop Buri […]

The post 6 dead and 30 provinces affected by Dianmu appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I  can only hope that Thailand learns something by these floods. My own country experiences it almost every summer. But over time, we build back better. Even raising a house up on concrete or even timber stumps could mitigate the risk. Houses on stumps also have better airflow and are cooler in humid environments. 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

I  can only hope that Thailand learns something by these floods. My own country experiences it almost every summer. But over time, we build back better. Even raising a house up on concrete or even timber stumps could mitigate the risk. Houses on stumps also have better airflow and are cooler in humid environments. 

A bit like the traffic madness isn't it, with obvious issues they need to tackle, yet nothing happens, year after year. Do they hope the problems will disappear by themselves?

For the past few days I've watched videos on Thai hospitals and villages severely damaged in those areas affected by tropical storm Dianmu . One thing I noticed is the local residents and hospital staff working together to transfer patients and clean up the hospital and area ." The Thai army/ emergency services were no where to be found but Prayut showed up to give out a couple of care packages for a photo op and tell people to pray ! How about dispatching the Thai army corps of engineers, soldiers from various regional bases, and emergency services personel to help the people instead of handing out a few bags for a photo op ! Trumpian callousness( throwing paper towels at Puerto Rican residents) what a damn shame !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The following provinces have been declared disaster zones:

Wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The provinces listed have NOT all "been declared disaster zones" - only certain areas have.

Totally different.

Yet another appalling re-write by Jack Arthur.

26 minutes ago, MTa449 said:

For the past few days I've watched videos on Thai hospitals and villages severely damaged in those areas affected by tropical storm Dianmu . One thing I noticed is the local residents and hospital staff working together to transfer patients and clean up the hospital and area ." The Thai army/ emergency services were no where to be found but Prayut showed up to give out a couple of care packages for a photo op and tell people to pray ! How about dispatching the Thai army corps of engineers, soldiers from various regional bases, and emergency services personel to help the people instead of handing out a few bags for a photo op ! Trumpian callousness( throwing paper towels at Puerto Rican residents) what a damn shame !!

At least one minister didn't bother with a "photo op", but preferred photo shop instead!

Edit:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/09/28/govt-caught-using-doctored-photo-of-minister-wading-in-flood/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MTa449 said:

You are so right .these poor ppl need all the help they can get.and bring in the unemployed.there must be 1000's of those