Understanding the various Thai protest groups

Yinn

Good afternoon. 
this link will help you understand who and what for the protests.

Help some people understand. Is English.

The monarchy-reform and anti-government protests have come to a point over the past weeks where groups diverged and took a different path in an attempt to achieve their goals.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/opinion/2021/09/25/understanding-the-various-thai-protest-groups/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Thanks.

Don't think the writer of the article takes any of them seriously, all a bit too light hearted really.

Interesting read, nonetheless.

I don't know about doesn't take them seriously, I really like Pravit Rojanaphruk's writing style.
He's very good at being quietly subversive against the silly buggers in charge, so they just can't see it.

I put it down to his Oxford education, did you come across him in the eighties? Perhaps I did too, during my night-time visits, who knows!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluesofa said:

I don't know about doesn't take them seriously, I really like Pravit Rojanaphruk's writing style.
He's very good at being quietly subversive against the silly buggers in charge, so they just can't see it.

I put it down to his Oxford education, did you come across him in the eighties? Perhaps I did too, during my night-time visits, who knows!

Hmmm...ok, I'll read it again. What other things has he written?

Nope, never met him at Oxford, just Sir Roger & Professor Krebs.

1 minute ago, Faraday said:

Hmmm...ok, I'll read it again. What other things has he written?

Nope, never met him at Oxford, just Sir Roger & Professor Krebs.

He used to write for The Nation, until they were told to toe the line by our illustrious leader.
Pravit had trouble doing that, He was arrested a few times and was subjected to attitude adjustment:
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pravit_Rojanaphruk   

The Nation 'let him go' hence he went to Khaosod Engrish
Last year I saw he did some video reporting for them, can't remember the subject. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know he was Thai. He speak Engrish with a middle-class accent. Sounds like a thoroughly decent chap.

Sir Roger More Moore perhaps?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bluesofa said:

He used to write for The Nation, until they were told to toe the line by our illustrious leader.
Pravit had trouble doing that, He was arrested a few times and was subjected to attitude adjustment:

Last year I saw he did some video reporting for them, can't remember the subject. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know he was Thai. He speak Engrish with a middle-class accent. Sounds like a thoroughly decent chap.

Possibly just stirred rather than shaken 😉

Aside from the so called demonstrating gangs listed in his article, I suspect Khun Pravit could've brought to light the numerous scholarly/political factions [and their camps] that might present themselves as critics of the monarchy and junta regime. The listing might be a bit incomplete, perhaps chasing the more visible and fashionable "youth movement" that appears to be almost a flash-in-the-pan. 

Today, there are various types of working and rather public groups that seemingly have detachments from one another, which is rather unfortunate. Imagine what could be if all these anti-ruling class factions were to be unified.....or on the same page, sort to speak. 

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

That's not as good as a west coast American accent though.