Jump to content

Lithuania suggests to throw away Chinese phones


gummy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have read about this elsewhere. More than anything based on reality it has been interpreted as a sop to the US in a bid to entice various forms of "aid" over concerns ,real or otherwise, of Russian "threats".

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Convert54 said:

I have read about this elsewhere. More than anything based on reality it has been interpreted as a sop to the US in a bid to entice various forms of "aid" over concerns ,real or otherwise, of Russian "threats".

Well as Apple phones are also produced there perhaps they should be binned also

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not Lithuania!!

While I was typing that (and I'm no speed merchant) China sold more phones than the population of Lithuania in numbers. BBC are getting desperate.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Not Lithuania!!

While I was typing that (and I'm no speed merchant) China sold more phones than the population of Lithuania in numbers. BBC are getting desperate.

At least the china malware is easy to spot vs the 0 day backdoors our friends from the NSA are building :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ynwaps said:

At least the china malware is easy to spot vs the 0 day backdoors our friends from the NSA are building :/

Forgive my ignorance but what or whom are the NSA ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well as Apple phones are also produced there perhaps they should be binned also

 

1 minute ago, Ynwaps said:

At least the china malware is easy to spot vs the 0 day backdoors our friends from the NSA are building :/

It is the  Huawei connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The US has considered keeping Xiaomi on their blacklist, but hasn't done so as no proof was found of backdoors etc.

Xiaomi has it's own design, but different firmware for China vs Global and complies with the EU and US privacy laws.

It's produced by Foxconn, same as Apple, but that doesn't say anything about how they are programmed to work.

And besides, all phone companies and governments can access everything in the phone, if only for the Pegasus software...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These anti china articles would cover google censorship if they were honest in any way. People and certian subjects have been censored in many countries including here in LOS.

>Content removed as it was off topic<

China isn't censoring my Xiaomi, and if they are monitoring it I am sure they are getting some enjoyment from it.

Edited by Andrew Reeve
Content removed as it was off topic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, gummy said:

What connection ?

Huawei telecoms etc as the subject of US rejection as has been promoted in opposition to their 5G systems and the ongoing attempts to get Canada to extradite the Huawei CFO for charges of Banking fraud plus the accusations Huawei technology presents a security risk in any country that uses it. That and issues with Xiaomi mobiles.

Huawei  and Xiaomi mobiles are/have been the biggest sellers in Lithuania apparently. It has been suggested that the Lithuanian Government is attempting to gain favor with the US and so deter Russian interest.

There is an ongoing diplomatic row as part of the overall issue.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt Huawei will be sold or used in the US again anytime soon as long as they use spying methods in 5G infrastructure products. Then there's the small matter of having lost their license to use Google on their phones...

Never been a fan of Huawei, but do like Xiaomi with IOT.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I doubt Huawei will be sold or used in the US again anytime soon as long as they use spying methods in 5G infrastructure products. Then there's the small matter of having lost their license to use Google on their phones...

Never been a fan of Huawei, but do like Xiaomi with IOT.

Nobody is stopping you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 2

      News Forum - Friends assault teenager, anger over harmless message to Thai ex

    2. 4

      News Forum - Elderly woman abducted and sexually assaulted by drug addict

    3. 4

      News Forum - Monk arrested for sexually assulting seven year old niece

    4. 0

      Thaiger Talk Quiz #266 - Which year did it open?

    5. 57

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use