Jump to content

News Forum - Tuesday Covid Update: 143 deaths and 10,919 new cases


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported 10,919 new Covid-19 cases and 143 coronavirus-related deaths. Since April 1, in Thailand’s most severe wave of the virus, 1,471,242 people have tested positive for Covid-19.  In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 11,694 recoveries. There are now 131,655 people currently receiving treatment for the coronavirus. Out of the new cases reported today, 422 were found in correctional facilities. Tens of thousands of inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past few months. Provincial totals will be released by the […]

The post Tuesday Covid Update: 143 deaths and 10,919 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course the numbers are down, everyone knows that if you test less then automatically there is a drop in the positive numbers, this has been happening for weeks. Thailand are manipulating the numbers so they don't lose face come October, that's when Uncle Tu said the country would open, didn't he. 555

TIT.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Of course the numbers are down, everyone knows that if you test less then automatically there is a drop in the positive numbers, this has been happening for weeks. Thailand are manipulating the numbers so they don't lose face come October, that's when Uncle Tu said the country would open, didn't he. 555

TIT.

Unfortunately, I believe that you are right - because the CCSA used to publish the number of daily tests and the percentage of positives, but they stopped doing that sometime in August for 'unpublished' reasons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Unfortunately, I believe that you are right - because the CCSA used to publish the number of daily tests and the percentage of positives, but they stopped doing that sometime in August for 'unpublished' reasons.

The figures will also get less as the more ATK tests are used.. their quote was "because the tests are not classed as a 100% they will not be added to the daily totals unless confirmed by a pcr test". In phuket over 1250 in hotels after testing positive from ATK test  and this total has stayed around the same for weeks.. equivalent to 90 a day not being added to the totals thats more than a 1/3rd. Of daily totals reported which would maybe put phuket as a red area

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They can fudge the figures as much as they like (if that is what they are doing...as you say). In reality that serves no one. Whatever the figures reported, people will be infected...people will end up in intensive care...people will die! You can bury your head in the sand. But the only one you are kidding is yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

They can fudge the figures as much as they like (if that is what they are doing...as you say). In reality that serves no one. Whatever the figures reported, people will be infected...people will end up in intensive care...people will die! You can bury your head in the sand. But the only one you are kidding is yourself.

Are they fudging the fatality figures too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

They can fudge the figures as much as they like (if that is what they are doing...as you say). In reality that serves no one. Whatever the figures reported, people will be infected...people will end up in intensive care...people will die! You can bury your head in the sand. But the only one you are kidding is yourself.

Well, unfortunately the ones they are kidding are not themselves but the population who can't do anything but wait until they're given a vaccine.

It's the man in the street that runs the risks. Not the people in power or the ones giving us the opaque numbers.

And it's the same with the ridiculous expected vaccine numbers. For today it's totally irrelevant to be told that 152.9m doses "may arrive this year". What is relevant is that only 29.000 are sent to CM for a population of 1.2m when they plan to open the area to tourists in just over a week, again putting the population at risk!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Well, unfortunately the ones they are kidding are not themselves but the population who can't do anything but wait until they're given a vaccine.

It's the man in the street that runs the risks. Not the people in power or the ones giving us the opaque numbers.

And it's the same with the ridiculous expected vaccine numbers. For today it's totally irrelevant to be told that 152.9m doses "may arrive this year". What is relevant is that only 29.000 are sent to CM for a population of 1.2m when they plan to open the area to tourists in just over a week, again putting the population at risk!

And the 29000 are the worry ones from China that if taken first have not so much protection to them. It’s a joke coming from the ones in power in their shiny ego tower. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Are they fudging the fatality figures too?

Depends what you mean fudging. Are they burning people who have died in village without a Covid test?  I would think many of them are. How many people are dying alone in the streets and in slum areas and not being tested? A fair few also I would think. I’m sure they are not using the definition of death of anyone who had a positive Covid test within the previous 28 days as some countries are. I can’t possibly know for sure, but I would estimate real Covid deaths to be many more. It’s impossible to know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Today, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported 10,919 new Covid-19 cases and 143 coronavirus-related deaths.

Allegedly? ….. seems to be the word of the day attached to any reports … especially if used with assaults, murder, and crime. Well why can’t we attach it to government reports and statements?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported (.......) new Covid-19 cases and (.......) coronavirus-related deaths. Since April 1, in Thailand’s most severe wave of the virus, (.......) people have tested positive for Covid-19.  In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded (.......) recoveries. There are now (.......) people currently receiving treatment for the coronavirus. Out of the new cases reported today, (.......) were found in correctional facilities.

You don't think this is the standard form they use and perhaps employ a temp from TAT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 28

      News Forum - Singapore Airlines emergency landing claims one life, injures 30

    2. 28

      News Forum - Singapore Airlines emergency landing claims one life, injures 30

    3. 28

      News Forum - Singapore Airlines emergency landing claims one life, injures 30

    4. 28

      News Forum - Singapore Airlines emergency landing claims one life, injures 30

    5. 28

      News Forum - Singapore Airlines emergency landing claims one life, injures 30

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use