News Forum - Party at luxury villa in Phuket raided, homeowner allegedly assaults police officer

Thaiger

Over the weekend, a party at a luxury villa in Phuket was raided and 19 people were arrested. One officer was allegedly assaulted in the course of the raid. The house was raided in the early morning hours in the Rawai sub-district. Police arrived at the villa around 1am after being tipped off that an illegal gathering was taking place. Police say the anonymous source was concerned the event could spread Covid to the outlying community, a common refrain when police receive a tip about a gathering. When police tried to enter the premises, some of the partygoers attempted to […]

The post Party at luxury villa in Phuket raided, homeowner allegedly assaults police officer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"allegedly found a group of people drinking, although it was not stated if they were drinking alcohol. The police say they also saw some people dancing by a pool. The Pattaya News notes that under the Emergency Decree, dancing in a group, or gathering in a group, is a violation of the decree."

did they bring a SWAT team? can't be too careful these days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"allegedly found a group of people drinking, although it was not stated if they were drinking alcohol. The police say they also saw some people dancing by a pool. The Pattaya News notes that under the Emergency Decree, dancing in a group, or gathering in a group, is a violation of the decree."

No, not allowed as a group 🤔

• Haha 6

All the talk about Dual pricing....

What about the Dual standards being applied by the Thai Police.

It's ok for bars all along Bangla Rd to open up all be it under the disguise of restaurants because they sell popcorn or have Grab food menus. Nobody in their right mind doesn't know brown envelopes are being passed.

Try having a few friends around for a private party and no the fun Police will strike.

Don't the governors of Phucket realise they are destroying any credibility for Phucket as a go to place for a holiday either internationally or domestic travelers.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

It's ok for bars all along Bangla Rd to open up all be it under the disguise of restaurants because they sell popcorn or have Grab food menus. Nobody in their right mind doesn't know brown envelopes are being passed.

Try having a few friends around for a private party and no the fun Police will strike.

Don't the governors of Phucket realise they are destroying any credibility for Phucket as a go to place for a holiday either internationally or domestic travelers.

The law, whether you like it or not, is the law and the argument that x/y/z gets away with it or that Phuket should have different rules as it's a "go to place for a holiday" don't and shouldn't hold any weight.

• Like 1

They want to open for tourism but not allow alcohol or gathering? What they expect tourists want to do this super Clowns? They expect tourists are coming spent their money and holidays to lock them in a room? Better lock the whole Island, stop tourism and at least lock all the clowns , Sandbox idiots who are in charge for the safety of Thailand and the world.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

'The police say they also saw some people dancing'   The police should have brought a dance team instead. They might have won.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

One officer was allegedly assaulted in the course of the raid.

Maybe the article was reported wrong ….. as I think better chance of the officer being insulted than assaulted!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:
1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

One officer was allegedly assaulted in the course of the raid.

Maybe the article was reported wrong ….. as I think better chance of the officer being insulted than assaulted!

Perhaps the home-owner called him fat?

• Haha 1

until we see reports in the media about actual charges laid against every person caught breaking the law like this, there is no chance to stop this. so far i know that monks were charged, anybody else?

• Like 2

I recoment for all the Sandbox and lockdown lovers the North Korea Sandbox model with 100% guarantee for permanent lockdown and permanent control. They offer also fantastic penalties like life time prison, conentration camps and death penalty. A paradise also for all dictatorship lovers with a possible upgrade for torture.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

The Koh Samui crowd got a small fine and suspended jail sentence I believe 

yeah, something about 10k for all. it's really a joke

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

1 am and excessive noise is a reason alone to shut it down when in a residential neighborhood. My housing area has a-holes every week having gatherings but I do not call the cops on them. If directly next or near me I flash a flash light at them or tell them the time which is I draw the line at 12am period. But the thing about Thai and most parties are they love to have it in the front or back of their house outside. I don't care if they take it inside and keep the noise there as they can all get Covid and die for all I care, just as long as they leave and nothing eff3ects me. Lately around me has been a lot of people opening up and as I see it blowing off some Covid trapped steam. But there are limits and a block party is one of them for sure. On another note, one problem here in Thailand is the houses are all cement and noise still does reverberate out if not careful..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

They want to open for tourism but not allow alcohol or gathering? What they expect tourists want to do this super Clowns? They expect tourists are coming spent their money and holidays to lock them in a room? Better lock the whole Island, stop tourism and at least lock all the clowns , Sandbox idiots who are in charge for the safety of Thailand and the world.

As others have said elsewhere, if tourists want to come when bars are closed, then up to them.

This, though, like all the similar incidents, has nothing to do with "tourists" as all present were locals (Thai and expat) but the problem is that tourism encourages it - if tourists can party, why can't locals?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

1 am and excessive noise is a reason alone to shut it down when in a residential neighborhood. My housing area has a-holes every week having gatherings but I do not call the cops on them. If directly next or near me I flash a flash light at them or tell them the time which is I draw the line at 12am period. But the thing about Thai and most parties are they love to have it in the front or back of their house outside. I don't care if they take it inside and keep the noise there as they can all get Covid and die for all I care, just as long as they leave and nothing eff3ects me. Lately around me has been a lot of people opening up and as I see it blowing off some Covid trapped steam. But there are limits and a block party is one of them for sure. On another note, one problem here in Thailand is the houses are all cement and noise still does reverberate out if not careful..

This is common sense but tourism without serving alcohol or entertainment will not work. But I fully agree to do not disturb your neighbours with extreme noise. We do not have any parties in our house but  I was young, too and not do expect the youngsters will never party again or tourists want to lock themself in their rooms. You can make lockdowns for a while to win time but not over years, because this shows only a complete failure, incompetence and lost already. People who cannot understand when they lost already and have to approve their management are highly dangereous for every society and will bring them to a collapse and abyss. A dead horse is a dead horse don't bet on it! Unable to adjust, learn and lost any common sense is a dangereous combination. It seams covid side effects are loosing common sense not only loosing sense of taste. After 2 years it is no more time to buy more time otherwise it shows w years of a complete failure and not used the time and enough damaging. It is called crises management, this needs people with common sense and competence.

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This is common sense but tourism without serving alcohol or entertainment will not work. But I fully agree to do not disturb your neighbours with extreme noise. We do not have any parties in our house but  I was young, too and not do expect the youngsters will never party again or tourists want to lock themself in their rooms. You can make lockdowns for a while to win time but not over years, because this shows only a complete failure, incompetence and lost already. People who cannot understand when they lost already and have to approve their management are highly dangereous for every society and will bring them to a collapse and abyss. A dead horse is a dead horse don't bet on it! Unable to adjust, learn and lost any common sense is a dangereous combination. It seams covid side effects are loosing common sense not only loosing sense of taste. After 2 years it is no more time to buy more time otherwise it shows w years of a complete failure and not used the time and enough damaging. It is called crises management, this needs people with common sense and competence.

I understand people have had enough and are just wanting some sort of fun to blow off steam and have some sort of a life again. I think this is probably why no one where we live calls the cops. And we even have a cop that lives on another block. I guess he might think, well I better not take a poop on my neighbors if I want to live here. Tourism without alcohol is just plain stupid. But opening CM to tourism is just just brain dead at this time as it will not work. 

The biggest foul and mistake is this government no more or no less, and their plan of only the 2 vaccines is what has driven everything to the ground and continues to be that same way from their uncaring plan to use the majority of these 2 vaccines for other reasons than that of just the good of the people. If had reasonable people like FFP in charge and not the Junta from the beginning from their sabotage and crush to keep power, then I seriously believe the acceptable vaccines would have been in place and the country doing well just like let's say Denmark is doing. 

Even their sandbox schemes are made from not logical idiocy. There is a way they could have done it and it would have been ok, but typical typical them it is another disaster as the next ones for CM and HH and Chonburi will be as well. Can't fix stupid, but we all wish they could.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police say the anonymous source was concerned the event could spread Covid to the outlying community, a common refrain when police receive a tip about a gathering.

The Police must have their phones rung off the hook, with anonymous sources concerned about the bridge access allowing possible covid sources onto Phuket which could then spread covid to the outlying Phuket community ….. and now they may start ringing about the Vegetarian festival! Imagine what’s next?

24 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I understand people have had enough and are just wanting some sort of fun to blow off steam and have some sort of a life again. I think this is probably why no one where we live calls the cops. And we even have a cop that lives on another block. I guess he might think, well I better not take a poop on my neighbors if I want to live here. Tourism without alcohol is just plain stupid. But opening CM to tourism is just just brain dead at this time as it will not work. 

The biggest foul and mistake is this government no more or no less, and their plan of only the 2 vaccines is what has driven everything to the ground and continues to be that same way from their uncaring plan to use the majority of these 2 vaccines for other reasons than that of just the good of the people. If had reasonable people like FFP in charge and not the Junta from the beginning from their sabotage and crush to keep power, then I seriously believe the acceptable vaccines would have been in place and the country doing well just like let's say Denmark is doing. 

Even their sandbox schemes are made from not logical idiocy. There is a way they could have done it and it would have been ok, but typical typical them it is another disaster as the next ones for CM and HH and Chonburi will be as well. Can't fix stupid, but we all wish they could.

I fully agree with you.