Small things covid has effected?

Marc26

What are some small things that covid have stopped you doing or effected?

For me, I haven't been able to have drinks with my stepson since he turned legal drinking age

And that bums me out 

well lets see now. not sure these are small.

almost of my traveling has been curtailed. i usually get out of Hua Hin every month for a week to ten days as it is horribly boring for me looking at the same faces on Thai Friendly for seven years.

i have managed to go to Bangkok a few times only because someone told me not to.

2020 i managed to live in a nice hotel for six months at 70% off in Bangkok with plans to lease a condo in 2021 but Bangkok no fun now so no go. no restaurants, no glass of wine. not much fun going out on dates. most trendy restaurants with cool bars are closed. parks closed so can't even jog away from traffic. 

i would go once a year to Pattaya the spiritual epicenter of Thailand, and stay a month, jog beach road. bad man. under arrest. Hua Hin's primary escape route, the ferry to Pattaya is out of business. really horrible.   

two long distance motorcycle trips cancelled. i was going on a big Phuket trip in Feb 2021. can not. usually a plan for Koh Chang. no have.   

2021 was supposed to be the start of the first "pick up truck road trip". but i did not buy a big red Ford pick up truck and i am glad i didn't as no where to go. that's funny, the Bangkok auto show was not cancelled. spent six hours there. 

i eat way more grab and food panda now at the house and at Bangkok hotels. amazing the amount of trash that creates. 

decided to get a live in girlfriend at the house during lockdown. i can order cosplay outfits for her from Lazada dirt cheap. my maid is not happy about her because she likes me being a prisoner all alone. but i still send her some money.

i have gained 3 kilos eating all this Grab/Panda food and my girlfriend eats chocolate cake for lunch so a bad influence. but she only weights 40.6 kilos so no problem yet.  

not exercising enough. 

ordering more in Lazada instead of shopping trips to Bangkok. Unfortunately more Netflix.  

my cat had kittens so i was here for that.             

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

What are some small things that covid have stopped you doing or effected?

• Like 1

Just checked my pants. Covid hasn't affect that small thing directly, but the closure of the bars has had an effect.
Bunch of us like to ride to different places for lunch or to go camping or just have a BBQ near a friend's place. Sometimes we'd have a big "family" picnic on the beach. Haven't done any of that for months because everything is either shut down or everyone is scared of "covid".

Haven't gone to a movie in ages. 

Otherwise, not too much different from before but I rarely go to "pubs" or local "shophouse" bars to watch "footie" matches on the "telly" (testing the strength of my " " " key as you can tell).

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Can't take my dog out for a long walk round the lake. Really miss that.

Haven't eaten (food) out for maybe a year.

Why can't you walk around a lake? Are there still a lot of people about, or have I missed something obvious?

Perhaps you need a safe hobby where you're not too close to others. How about cycling - ha ha ! The dog could run behind you.

• 2 weeks later...

100% I miss the Mor Lam concerts. We used to go to as many as we could. Drink and dance with random locals and grandmas. I even miss the Likay folk plays with all the extravagant costumes. I never understood any of it but it's just nice to see local culture.

• Like 1