News Forum - Hungarian woman arrested in Koh Samui for 10-year overstay

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Soidog said:
On 9/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, Bluesofa said:

The days when overstay could just be cleared by paying off the judge and immigration.

It still can ! 

OK, I bow to your superior knowledge.

12 hours ago, SkipsPa said:

Is there a standard amount in the packets?

The size of the packet depends on the size of the favour being sought I believe .

Edited by gazmo16
amended content

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Why can’t she go “back home”? You can leave and go to Europe whenever you want. 

As you see in my posts about Covid, she should just be able to be sent back home yes. No one should overstay their visa.

But during the pandemic all I hear is no travel this, no travel that. It's not safe. And in the meantime they'll just yeet her out of the country 😂

I knew a South African guy a few years back, I had no idea he was on overstay until I get a call from his girl telling me had been arrested and asking if I could help. 

He was taken to a local border immigration detention facility and held there waiting for transfer to Bangkok, which he was told he had to pay for 5000 baht. 

I had looked and found a cheap enough flight for him to return to SA but the immigration wouldn't let him or us book a flight it had to be done using their agent. You guessed it the cost was way higher than any flights on the internet.

They make their money every turn of the deportation process.

They would better take an example of this in Europe where being illegal is hip and illegals can do everything they want to and get away with all crimes they commit , supported by left scum organizations and authority’s . Being illegal in a country you don t belong should end up with being deported right away and please never come back and all those having bad words on Thai rules ….. why are you here anyway ?!

7 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

OK, I bow to your superior knowledge.

It’s not superior knowledge, it’s common knowledge! In Thailand money buys you anything. Even getting away with murder. A small thing like an overstay may cost you anything from fifty thousand to a few hundred thousand baht. It depends who’s caught you and how far up the chain of command knows about it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

As you see in my posts about Covid, she should just be able to be sent back home yes. No one should overstay their visa.

But during the pandemic all I hear is no travel this, no travel that. It's not safe. And in the meantime they'll just yeet her out of the country 😂

Yes I agree. It’s the same with how they are allowing multiple extensions of visas due to Covid. I can only assume it’s a collective way of acting across governments?? For certain nationalities such as Australians and New Zealander’s, it’s been almost impossible to get home. But for most Europeans, except in the early days of the pandemic it wasn’t a problem. Perhaps others can offer a reason for the unnaturally liberal attitude towards it by Thai immigration?