News Forum - North Korea launches 2 ballistic missiles off their coast

Thaiger

North Korea blasted 2 ballistic missiles into waters off their east coast today, says Japanese and South Korean officials. The Defence Ministry says the objects did not penetrate Japanese territory. The possible missiles are thought to have landed somewhere outside of Japan’s economic zone, says the coast guard. The BBC says it’s unclear where the missiles were intended to go or what their flight range was. “North Korea’s recent repeated launches of ballistic missiles and other projectiles are a serious problem for Japan and the international community as a whole,” says the Defence Ministry. Japan’s PM Yoshihide Suga has called […]

The post North Korea launches 2 ballistic missiles off their coast appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Seems the world is hurtling to major and numerous conflicts. Biden's America, defeated by slingshot wielding goat herders, is a laughing stock. With no deterrent or consequence for bad behavior, watch China invade Taiwan. Watch Hong Kong lose all autonomy. Watch Iran become a nuclear power and start a campaign of blackmail. Watch NK launch missiles over Japan and the Guamians again hide in nuclear shelters.

This is a total and utter disaster. Such pathetic weakness and stupidity by the Biden admin that is unleashing all this mayhem is beyond the scope of most peoples understanding. But all is not lost. At least the orange man is not making mean tweets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The world is definitely not doing well right now at this point, and one little spiff rocking in the wrong direction could be a nuclear mistake. China has even recently said they will and would use them. Now the question if they really would is another answer that no one knows. But what probably is a given is that if anyone does use them then there will be a heavy reaction to that.

If there are aliens that are kind and gentle and care, I wish they would come in and set things in the right direction of peace and no aggression.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

China has even recently said they will and would use them.

Fair play to the Chinese leadership. They are acting in (what they perceive) as the best interests of their citizens. This is why they are trying to steal the entire South China Sea. Their huge population requires fish, and the military want lots of new island bases. There would be no gain by China firing off a few nukes, but making the threat known certainly will scare the bejeezus out of weak nations, such as Biden's America, who will stop riding the Chinese hard on HK, Taiwan and the SCS like Trump did.

Trump's carrot and big stick approach brought historic peace to the MiddleEast and the Korean peninsula. Biden's carrot and a bigger carrot has led an end to ME peace, and the Korean peninsula is going badly Pete Tong. No surprise.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Seems the world is hurtling to major and numerous conflicts. Biden's America, defeated by slingshot wielding goat herders, is a laughing stock. With no deterrent or consequence for bad behavior, watch China invade Taiwan. Watch Hong Kong lose all autonomy. Watch Iran become a nuclear power and start a campaign of blackmail. Watch NK launch missiles over Japan and the Guamians again hide in nuclear shelters.

This is a total and utter disaster. Such pathetic weakness and stupidity by the Biden admin that is unleashing all this mayhem is beyond the scope of most peoples understanding. But all is not lost. At least the orange man is not making mean tweets.

Wonder where you disappeared to.

HK is a lost cause at this point and that is such a huge blunder. Taiwan needs protection and their freedom. I already call and consider them their own country. If you ask me, no one in the US being from the Reps to the Dems have the balls to stick up and say, nope, it is high time we call the it the Republic of Taiwan country and not any part of the ROC under the CCP, let them into world affairs as their own entity and become part of the UN. I am so sick and fed up with China with such things going back to Tibet, that I if at the forced time I probably would pick up a fire arm to retard their advances where ever I am in order to make them go away. I know that is a seriously hard statement, but I fully am opposed to the CCP in everyway, and just to say our country's Reps and Dems and Elite helped make them this way. Ughh!

NK is odd, and he is like the little dangerous Asian Chuckie kid who wants to be taken seriously and be included in the big boy discussions. But he is a loose firecracker now having a canon. Iran, just weird and again a loose firecracker.

Afghanistan, well those sheep herders with sling shots are pretty much undefeated, and in the collective of what they believe in are another firecracker and danger to many. 

So let's look to the good ole US, but let's not get into and discuss or debate of what a shame of how divided it has now become. 

BTW, did you just read that Lake Tahoe changed the ski resort named Squaw valley because it is politically not correct as racist and sexist? I thought I heard something but am just waiting for Oreo Cookies name to be changed because it is also a racist profiling. And if that happens then crackers will have to be stricken from the dictionary and banned. Everyone is sensitive, but hey thank goodness we all just can't go to the store and buy a build your own atomic b o m b set if you know what I mean. We need to let the big idiots do that.

These are my personal opinions.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Fair play to the Chinese leadership. They are acting in (what they perceive) as the best interests of their citizens. This is why they are trying to steal the entire South China Sea. Their huge population requires fish, and the military want lots of new island bases. There would be no gain by China firing off a few nukes, but making the threat known certainly will scare the bejeezus out of weak nations, such as Biden's America, who will stop riding the Chinese hard on HK, Taiwan and the SCS like Trump did.

Trump's carrot and big stick approach brought historic peace to the MiddleEast and the Korean peninsula. Biden's carrot and a bigger carrot has led an end to ME peace, and the Korean peninsula is going badly Pete Tong. No surprise.

Well hopefully the US can get someone right next time. Last time I thought they all seem to go to the same parties and sleep with the same people and work towards their own personal benefits being me, myself and I.

So what I am saying is I am directly talking from the middle as before and now is just not working. Don't be part of the problem try to be part of a real solution if that is possible.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I agree that the Biden administration is so far proving to be a woke disaster - but that is what always happens. Whenever the woke take over things, it is only when everything falls apart that some people realise that woke people cannot make the needed tough decisions because they will hurt someone's feelings or discriminate against some minority. The sad news is that some people never realise it, and blame others for not being supportive and/or understanding.  

But I must pull you up on: "slingshot wielding goat herders".  Afghanistan has been invaded and occupied by many Empires and Countries, including Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, and United Kingdom - and most recently USSR (3 times) and USA.  None of them ever succeeded - the Afghans are 10+ to 0.  The Afghans eventually wore them all down and won back their 'country'. Some they defeated quickly, and some took a while (like USA and USSR).  The Russians took 10 years to then eventually quit in the 80s, and USA took 20 years to quit - but everyone eventually quits. That is how the Afghans win, and they know how to do it since the first Persian Empire conquest and then Alexander the Great.  The Afghans are an extremely resilient society of warring tribes that thrive on being 'oppressed' - attacking and invading them just makes them dig in deeper.  I think maybe this time around the world will realise that they are just best left alone.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Why you not go to your beloved dictaors to North Korea or CCP China if you like their style and hate everything democratic. The right wing extremists are the useful idiots and helpers of dictatorships like Ccp China and Trump had no success with North Korea (Trumps budy) it was the opposite and the rest of the democratic  world was happy that Trump was gone because he damaged a lot the democratic world and their alliances. This extremists who aplaude Putin, Xi and Kim why they not move to their beloved dictators all democratic and freedom loving peolple would be happy if they do so.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

But I must pull you up on: "slingshot wielding goat herders".  Afghanistan has been invaded and occupied by many Empires and Countries, including Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, and United Kingdom - and most recently USSR (3 times) and USA.  None of them ever succeeded - the Afghans are 10+ to 0.  The Afghans eventually wore them all down and won back their 'country'. Some they defeated quickly, and some took a while (like USA and USSR).  The Russians took 10 years to then eventually quit in the 80s, and USA took 20 years to quit - but everyone eventually quits. That is how the Afghans win, and they know how to do it since the first Persian Empire conquest and then Alexander the Great.  The Afghans are an extremely resilient society of warring tribes that thrive on being 'oppressed' - attacking and invading them just makes them dig in deeper.  I think maybe this time around the world will realise that they are just best left alone.  

Quite correct Bob. I was being flippant. Now, the million dollar question is whether it was wise to arm these tough, resilient and pious nutters with 80 odd billion $ worth of blackhawks, drones and cutting edge war weaponry. We know the US admin regard this as an "extraordinary success". I have my doubts, but rather than being called a conspiracy guy, will keep private my suspicions that arming the Taleban/ISIS/AlQ was quite the cockup.

At any rate, I am positive NK has been emboldened by the "extraordinary success" over in Afghanistan, hence the ballistic missiles flying around today.

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Why you not go to your beloved dictaors to North Korea or CCP China if you like their style and hate everything democratic. The right wing extremists are the useful idiots and helpers of dictatorships like Ccp China and Trump had no success with North Korea (Trumps budy) it was the opposite and the rest of the democratic  world was happy that Trump was gone because he damaged a lot the democratic world and their alliances. This extremists who aplaude Putin, Xi and Kim why they not move to their beloved dictators all democratic and freedom loving peolple would be happy if they do so.

I do Disagree , Trump successfully handled Kim , got him to stop firing rockets and to behave himself , he met with Kim , befriended him and dissolved the tensions . Kim seemed to trust and also fear Trump , trusted Trump not to attack N.K and thus stopped firing rockets and also feared the consequences if the rocket firing continued .

Trump fearlessly went into Chinas backyard and there was a peaceful outcome 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I do Disagree , Trump successfully handled Kim , got him to stop firing rockets and to behave himself , he met with Kim , befriended him and dissolved the tensions . Kim seemed to trust and also fear Trump , trusted Trump not to attack N.K and thus stopped firing rockets and also feared the consequences if the rocket firing continued .

Trump fearlessly went into Chinas backyard and there was a peaceful outcome 

For the rest of the democratic world the Trump north korea and Iran polituc was a desaster and he reached nothing. North Korea was able to developp more missiles and the Iran. He destabilised everything and did not ask ir integrated the Europeans or the all others from the free world. And the people in europe, middle east and east could whitness how less knowledge he has about the middle east and put all in with Saudi arabia. There are many fractions and religions in the middle east it is more complex like you have many culures and languages in europe. His view and thinking is like a black and what what not exist in this region, he not keep the balance and destabilize more and same with North Korea he reached nothing and even made best friend with the disgusting dictator from north korea and this was a embarrasment for the free and democratic world. Same with Iran under Trump they developped the nuclear program what was stopped before and made the situation more dangereous and brought it out of the ballance. His friendship with Putin was for Europe and the ukraine a catastrophic scenario as neighbours and with military confrontations in the crimea and his troops at european borders. He destabalized als the Nato. So for the rest of the free and democratic world Trump was no success this only believe the american Trump fanatics and right wing extremists. The reality outside was different and the free world has to defend together and not like Trump did with his America first, that didn't work and we see the result of it now that the dictatorships if the world used it .

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

For the rest of the democratic world the Trump north korea and Iran polituc was a desaster and he reached nothing. North Korea was able to developp more missiles and the Iran. He destabilised everything

I suggest you are interpreting those assertions based on your personal bias.  No Trump did not solve all of the problems.  However, he inherited many of those problems from the incompetency of prior administrations including Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, George W. Bush and of course Barack Obama.  Carter started the mess with kicking out the Shah of Iran who the U.S. supported leaving it for the Muslim extremists to take over.  The action was intensified under George W. Bush who threw Afghanistan into shambles and killed Saddam Hussein.  Saddam was not a good person but he did keep the country under control and if the litmus test of declaring war on another country is that it is headed by a not so nice person, there are few countries that would not be subject to attack. 

In terms of destabilizing the country I can think of no greater example than George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.  The former laid waste to Afghanistan and Iraq leaving them open for terrorist groups.  Obama did the same with northern Africa making sure the Muslim Brotherhood had easy pickings after the U.S. bombed the ruling factions such as Muhammar Ghedaffi into submission.  

So long as you have China willing to support places like North Korea as a "proxy war" with the USA no one will reign in North Korea.  While Trump may not have solved the problem he did not completely just kick the can down the road the way Bush Sr. and Clinton did.  He took some steps to slow down the progress of militarization in North Korea.  However the only way to get places like North Korea under control is with the cooperation of supporting nations like China and Russia and I don't see that happening.  The USA would have to coerce China by not buying their products and coerce Russia by opening the flood gates of oil production to starve the major source of Russian income.  

Those are dangerous cards to play. 

• Like 1

Trumps North Korea and Iran politic was a complete failure and disaster for the rest of the world. These 2 countries developped their nuclear programs like never before. The Trump fanatics are fact resistant and are not able to realize the reality. Japan, europe and the rest of the free world was shocked how he made good friend with North Korea and how he could trust or think he could reach anything with such an dictator.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

I suggest you are interpreting those assertions based on your personal bias.  No Trump did not solve all of the problems.  However, he inherited many of those problems from the incompetency of prior administrations including Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, George W. Bush and of course Barack Obama.  Carter started the mess with kicking out the Shah of Iran who the U.S. supported leaving it for the Muslim extremists to take over.  The action was intensified under George W. Bush who threw Afghanistan into shambles and killed Saddam Hussein.  Saddam was not a good person but he did keep the country under control and if the litmus test of declaring war on another country is that it is headed by a not so nice person, there are few countries that would not be subject to attack. 

In terms of destabilizing the country I can think of no greater example than George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.  The former laid waste to Afghanistan and Iraq leaving them open for terrorist groups.  Obama did the same with northern Africa making sure the Muslim Brotherhood had easy pickings after the U.S. bombed the ruling factions such as Muhammar Ghedaffi into submission.  

So long as you have China willing to support places like North Korea as a "proxy war" with the USA no one will reign in North Korea.  While Trump may not have solved the problem he did not completely just kick the can down the road the way Bush Sr. and Clinton did.  He took some steps to slow down the progress of militarization in North Korea.  However the only way to get places like North Korea under control is with the cooperation of supporting nations like China and Russia and I don't see that happening.  The USA would have to coerce China by not buying their products and coerce Russia by opening the flood gates of oil production to starve the major source of Russian income.  

Those are dangerous cards to play. 

I think Americans should learn to see the things not only from the American perspectiv especially when the talk about the world, because it is a bit ignorance and the world is a little bit more complex especially in the middle east. There are also Europe and Nato countries as neighbours and the middle east have many countries and it is a bit shocking for people from the middle east, europe and far east how less knowledge Americans have about this region and how they could think one president of the usa could influence all things happen or happened there. This Alliances and powers in the Nato, Europe, middle east and far east are not the Americans alone and if people think like that and discuss like that they really have no clue about the outside world and it makes a discussion impossible. There are many countries and the world it is a little bit more complex like this Trump fanatic Americans wanna tell the world how it is. Europe had many wars and still wars in the neighbourhood they know it is more complex and needed coorporations to get peace and could not solved by one alone and as example was the last wars in Europe in former Joguslawia and Kosovo in the 90s. Americans who were involved there together with european countries know what I am talking about and surly not agree about such naiv views some blinded Trump fanatics views about the world. To think everything in one leader is quite a bit out of the reality and fits for a dictaorship thinking mindset (black and white) but not for a complex world and the reality.

21 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Japan, europe and the rest of the free world was shocked how he made good friend with North Korea

What are you basing that statement on ?

I do think that they were more relived that they didnt go to war together

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

6 minutes ago, Fluke said:

What are you basing that statement on ?

I do think that they were more relived that they didnt go to war together

It is based on facts and reality! North Korea developped the nuclear program when Trump was involved and president like never before. The situation in the world became much more dangereous. Please talk about reality and not about any wishfull thinking or election advertisement for Trump. And realize that there are many countries out there who were not happy about the results and failures from the Trump time and they are interested in stability, security and the reality of the situation not in any intern american politics. This is not a one man show and needs all the alliances/countries to keep it in balance and solve it, like it was in all other crises or wars before. And it needs a view for the reality and not any wishfull narcistic view because this could end in a disaster.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Japan, europe and the rest of the free world was shocked how he made good friend with North Korea

OK, what are the facts that back that statement up ?

Did the Countries all release a statement or were the people of those Countries asked ?

3 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Sound assessment! Good. I kind of like the Asian Chuckie Kid... he's just like big, fat boy having a bit of brinkmanship fun.. nothing more! THERE ARE FAR MORE DANGEROUS LEADERS in other countries..THAILAND FOR ONE!! Chanocha is way more of a risk than Mr. KIM... but hey,,,, no fecker does anything to oust the man with the biggest, black bags under his eyes you've ever seen!!!! Prayut is the 'smiling assassin' no one dares do anything about!! 

Not sure but he as in big P is incorrect. It is them here as in a council. Think Privy. As for world dangers then hardly. 

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Defence Ministry says the objects did not penetrate Japanese territory

North Korea has just started their COVID19 vaccination testing program …. Maybe.

• Haha 1

Rocket Man has had to make his new stature of slimming down known to the world with last weeks National Day parade of showing off all of his toys as well as launching rockets skyward again.  It make one feel like he is saying "Look at me, Look at me" since he has been pretty much ignored by the US's new administration.  Waiting for the announcement to come out expressing the hatred for America and the rest of the world.

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Wonder where you disappeared to.

HK is a lost cause at this point and that is such a huge blunder. Taiwan needs protection and their freedom. I already call and consider them their own country. If you ask me, no one in the US being from the Reps to the Dems have the balls to stick up and say, nope, it is high time we call the it the Republic of Taiwan country and not any part of the ROC under the CCP, let them into world affairs as their own entity and become part of the UN. I am so sick and fed up with China with such things going back to Tibet, that I if at the forced time I probably would pick up a fire arm to retard their advances where ever I am in order to make them go away. I know that is a seriously hard statement, but I fully am opposed to the CCP in everyway, and just to say our country's Reps and Dems and Elite helped make them this way. Ughh!

NK is odd, and he is like the little dangerous Asian Chuckie kid who wants to be taken seriously and be included in the big boy discussions. But he is a loose firecracker now having a canon. Iran, just weird and again a loose firecracker.

Afghanistan, well those sheep herders with sling shots are pretty much undefeated, and in the collective of what they believe in are another firecracker and danger to many. 

So let's look to the good ole US, but let's not get into and discuss or debate of what a shame of how divided it has now become. 

BTW, did you just read that Lake Tahoe changed the ski resort named Squaw valley because it is politically not correct as racist and sexist? I thought I heard something but am just waiting for Oreo Cookies name to be changed because it is also a racist profiling. And if that happens then crackers will have to be stricken from the dictionary and banned. Everyone is sensitive, but hey thank goodness we all just can't go to the store and buy a build your own atomic b o m b set if you know what I mean. We need to let the big idiots do that.

These are my personal opinions.

French nuclear attack submarines are permanently in the region now ,so China would be nuked first. Since the cold war with Russia there is the sdi in space to shut down missiles before they could reach europe. And China has no own gps or space navigation. Their space navigation is over european companies. All in one they would loose this battle. Don't forget the Nato countries are trained for a nuclear war since after world war 2 and all tech China has is transfered tech from western countries. So there is no way they could have any chance for winning such nuclear battle and also too much Nato countries and european countries with high tech armies. There is no inovatiin from China only copies and transfered tech. Thats why they are very quiet about the French and german submarines in the south China sea if they go in a trouble with them to much Nato and european countries would be involved. If any nato or european countries would be attacked all the countries has to defend them thats the contract. They have a huge airforce and marinepower when this countries comes. All european countries, all scandinavian countries and all with high tech equipment in a much higher standard than the chinese ones. Just compare a aircraftcarrier with an western aircraftcarrier, the chinese one is way behind in all fields. People think only China and USA but it is not the case because european forces are in the south China sea too. It is biggest shipping route of the world.

50 minutes ago, Stardust said:

French nuclear attack submarines are permanently in the region now ,so China would be nuked first. Since the cold war with Russia there is the sdi in space to shut down missiles before they could reach europe. And China has no own gps or space navigation. Their space navigation is over european companies. All in one they would loose this battle. Don't forget the Nato countries are trained for a nuclear war since after world war 2 and all tech China has is transfered tech from western countries. So there is no way they could have any chance for winning such nuclear battle and also too much Nato countries and european countries with high tech armies. There is no inovatiin from China only copies and transfered tech. Thats why they are very quiet about the French and german submarines in the south China sea if they go in a trouble with them to much Nato and european countries would be involved. If any nato or european countries would be attacked all the countries has to defend them thats the contract. They have a huge airforce and marinepower when this countries comes. All european countries, all scandinavian countries and all with high tech equipment in a much higher standard than the chinese ones. Just compare a aircraftcarrier with an western aircraftcarrier, the chinese one is way behind in all fields. People think only China and USA but it is not the case because european forces are in the south China sea too. It is biggest shipping route of the world.

In theory yes, and thank you for telling me all that is on the table and easily controlled. But... Remember there is nuclear projectile proliferation of objectives in the hundreds as is why every adversary is so dangerous and to date unmanageable to take on for every incoming of their launches of rockets. Agree or not agree then take another look. 

Once one is launched then there will be a clear unchallenged open bubble forgone point to hit its target. Saying, 100 incoming can  only be met by 80 percent of retaliation. So now it it nuclear.

All the enemy has to do is shot 75% of normal rockets non nuclear and then the nuclear next warheads will get through and hit. Only takes 2-3-4 on one sweep to wipe all clean.  So.. Everyone has their collateral hits.  Even if it is their own direct hit on one city being it is huge. Correct? You better look at military plan and collateral damage of peoples lives. Actually I may have just given them their next exit plan. So they need to now pay pay me. But it is true. so they should pay me now. 

100 hundred rockets of being normal not nuclear are sent and then another of 10 - 20 rockets nuclear will hit their points by at least 2-6 fold and that is game over as they killed us and won. Our system cannot handle an overload. Proven by Israel normal rockets of incoming as will have damage and one or two will hit under their missile umbrella system. If nuclear they can land anywhere that that of the mega ton rocket bombs and they name over. Then we fire a barrage and then the catastrophe is there. So what I am saying is fire 50 and then the next being 5 nuclear, and then the tracking system's are over loaded and then it is a nuclear hit of  holocausts on does not matter where the missile hits, Same same devastation and good bye. . 

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

100 hundred rockets of being normal not nuclear are sent and then another of 10 - 20 rockets nuclear will hit their points by at least 2-6 fold and that is game over as they killed us and won. Our system cannot handle an overload. Proven by Israel normal rockets of incoming as will have damage and one or two will hit under their missile umbrella system. If nuclear they can land anywhere that that of the mega ton rocket bombs and they name over. Then we fire a barrage and then the catastrophe is there. So what I am saying is fire 50 and then the next being 5 nuclear, and then the tracking system's are over loaded and then it is a nuclear hit of  holocausts on does not matter where the missile hits, Same same devastation and good bye. . Only takes one well placed incoming to finish a hundreds of thousands of folk on one hit. So yes. Send 100 and perhaps we can only fend off 180 at best. Understand?