News Forum - Bangkok police arrest 12 year old and others at Din Daeng intersection for violating curfew

Thaiger

Bangkok police continue to wield the merciless hammer of law and order. They brought it down last night on a 12 year old, arresting the child for allegedly violating curfew at the Din Daeng intersection. The minor was riding his bike to observe a protest, says a group of lawyers and activists. At least 11 other people were also arrested. The 12 year old is now the youngest person to be charged with violating the curfew. The Thai Lawyers for Human rights say the move, invoking the curfew to make an arrest, is a common pandemic tactic used against protesters. […]

The post Bangkok police arrest 12 year old and others at Din Daeng intersection for violating curfew appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok police continue to wield the merciless hammer of law and order. They brought it down last night on a 12 year old, arresting the child for allegedly violating curfew at the Din Daeng intersection. The minor was riding his bike to observe a protest, says a group of lawyers and activists.

Bike? Doubtful it was a push bike, so it would be congratulations for the Police for doing their job. Was the minor wearing helmet and mask also ….. 

Maybe though they hit the minor with the larger of all the fines …. I would say less paper work, but hey this is Thailand.

A few questions...

• Does anyone believe that police can end these protests through arresting people?
  • Does anyone believe that arresting a 12 year old won't make international news? Or at least international social media?
  • Does anyone believe that this won't inspire others to come out?
  • Does anyone believe that adding even more charges to the hundreds (Thousands?) already laid will make a difference?
  • Does anyone believe that Thai people would be out in the street protesting during a epidemic if they weren't serious?
  • Does anyone believe that this kind of thing will assist in the return of tourists?
  • Does anyone believe that the Thai police could utilize other methods to diffuse the situation?
  • Does anyone believe that the Prayut government has the finesse to deal with this properly?

And, the scariest questions of all...

• Does anyone believe that this won't end in violence?
  • Does anyone believe that 1992 was a 'one-off'?

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Anybody any doubt that the ccp China want to destroy democracies around the world and try to opress the world and south east asia. Anybody any doubt they support and advertise dictatorships?!

If the best that Democracy can do is to install leaders like Biden , it may be worth giving the Chinese idea a go 

• Haha 1

Just now, Fluke said:

If the best that Democracy can do is to install leaders like Biden , it may be worth giving the Chinese idea a go 

I think that is stretching it a bit..............although your point is perfectly valid.

Oh wait........................Isn't Thailand somewhere between the two?

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Anybody any doubt that the ccp China want to destroy democracies around the world and try to opress the world and south east asia. Anybody any doubt they support and advertise dictatorships?!

No doubt what so ever 

If these protests were in China the tanks would have been rolling over them a long time ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Sure and kill millions and bring into concentration camps like Mao, Stalin and Hitler did. I really wondering why such criminal and toxic thins can be advertised on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sure and kill millions and bring into concentration camps like Mao, Stalin and Hitler did. I really wondering why such criminal and toxic thins can be advertised on this forum.

Although I do think that concentration camps and the killing of millions should be left out of the equation 

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

We noticed that right wing extremists like dictatorships like Ccp China or a Nazi dictatorship. It is a embarrassment that the USA as a democracy tolerate such extremists. By the way I am not a American.

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

No doubt what so ever 

If these protests were in China the tanks would have been rolling over them a long time ago.

I just wondering how some advocating for dictatorship and coming from a democratic and would applaude when Thailand is becomin a north korea and ccp dictorship country. These westerners are really a embarrassment for their countries and democracies around the world. Just compare the democratic Taiwan to ccp China then you see which one is succesfull and free. Why this people not go to their be loved dictators to north korea or China and leave the world alone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I just wondering how some advocating for dictatorship and coming from a democratic and would applaude when Thailand is becomin a north korea and ccp dictorship country. These westerners are really a embarrassment for their countries and democracies around the world. Just compare the democratic Taiwan to ccp China then you see which one is succesfull and free. Why this people not go to their be loved dictators to north korea or China and leave the world alone.

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

I think that is stretching it a bit..............although your point is perfectly valid.

Oh wait........................Isn't Thailand somewhere between the two?

And why they not go to their beloved dictators to North Korea and CCP China and leave Thailand and the world alone?