COVID Math

JamesE

What to do when the numbers don't add up: "There were 2,760 deaths, or 20.2%, that could not be categorised in any particular group due to having no vaccination record in the Mor Prom database, or due to conflicting information, the department said."

From the Bangkok Post: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2181087/study-14-of-covid-deaths-had-received-first-vaccine-dose

40 minutes ago, JamesE said:

What to do when the numbers don't add up: "There were 2,760 deaths, or 20.2%, that could not be categorised in any particular group due to having no vaccination record in the Mor Prom database, or due to conflicting information, the department said."

From the Bangkok Post: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2181087/study-14-of-covid-deaths-had-received-first-vaccine-dose

Hate to say it, but the same happened in the Netherlands when vaccination data were lost for some 3000 people. Rather than make them part of the survey, I think it better to exclude them and deduct them from the total, so the other ratios are adjusted. At least then you work with known variables. As more surveys are done, the figures will become more reliable each time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Hate to say it, but the same happened in the Netherlands when vaccination data were lost for some 3000 people. Rather than make them part of the survey, I think it better to exclude them and deduct them from the total, so the other ratios are adjusted. At least then you work with known variables. As more surveys are done, the figures will become more reliable each time.

Do you honestly believe there are KNOWN variables in Thailand? This is the land of smoke and mirrors.

21 minutes ago, palooka said:

Do you honestly believe there are KNOWN variables in Thailand? This is the land of smoke and mirrors.

Well, this is about an error that happened in the west just the same... And if here you couldn't base anything on facts, then all our discussions here are a waste of time as well (to be fair, some are 🤣). I think it's always helpful to try to get facts, or to get as close as possible. And I think that's what @JamesEis trying to do by determining what to do with these numbers.

• Like 1