News Forum - Hua Hin’s reopening in doubt

Thaiger

Hua Hin may not be reopening next month after all. Businesses and local communities have expressed their reservations about the reopening, saying they fear Hua Hin could repeat the same mistake as the Phuket sandbox programme, says the Prachuap Khiri Khan chamber of commerce. The seaside district had previously established a timeline to kickstart their tourism sector with no quarantine requirements starting in October. The commerce is dubious that the plan will be able to proceed. Honorary adviser to the chamber, Niphon Suwannawa, says Hua Hin will be unable to go back to business in October. Niphon lay some of […]

The post Hua Hin’s reopening in doubt appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Vice president of the Thai Hotels Association, Udom Srimahachota, says he doesn’t see Hua Hin encountering the same problem that the Phuket Sandbox programme has encountered. He says that if restrictions, like the ones imposed in Phuket, were imposed in Hua Hin, Thai tourists would avoid the district. This would strongly affect the district as 75% of Hua Hin’s visitors are Thai, says Udom."

Hua Hin is as open as it can get considering the dark red zone rules. making it a sandbox will shut it down. 

Thais still come every weekend to visit. i am in Bangkok now. going back to HH soon. no papers no tests no nothing.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thai tourists would avoid the district. This would strongly affect the district as 75% of Hua Hin’s visitors are Thai, says Udom.

Well ... yes ... if you get rid of 75% of your visitors in favour of 25%, who are now less likely to go anyway, I can see that "would strongly affect things"!!!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Hua Hin may not be reopening next month after all. Businesses and local communities have expressed their reservations about the reopening, saying they fear Hua Hin could repeat the same mistake as the Phuket sandbox programme, says the Prachuap Khiri Khan chamber of commerce. The seaside district had previously established a timeline to kickstart their tourism sector with no quarantine requirements starting in October. The commerce is dubious that the plan will be able to proceed. Honorary adviser to the chamber, Niphon Suwannawa, says Hua Hin will be unable to go back to business in October. Niphon lay some of […]

The post Hua Hin’s reopening in doubt appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The choice is between having an economy and jobs, or having low number of positive tests (nothing to do with symptoms).

Wonder what the Hua Hin residents would say, particularly those who are now unemployed

16 hours ago, Bob20 said:

WOW! People are waking up! 👍

the TAT boys are making some calls to protect their losing of face...seems to be a "misunderstanding"

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Vice president of the Thai Hotels Association, Udom Srimahachota, says he doesn’t see Hua Hin encountering the same problem that the Phuket Sandbox programme has encountered. He says that if restrictions, like the ones imposed in Phuket, were imposed in Hua Hin, Thai tourists would avoid the district. This would strongly affect the district as 75% of Hua Hin’s visitors are Thai, says Udom."

Hua Hin is as open as it can get considering the dark red zone rules. making it a sandbox will shut it down. 

Thais still come every weekend to visit. i am in Bangkok now. going back to HH soon. no papers no tests no nothing.   

There is negiable local tourism in Phuket now. I for one canceled a plannned trip there.  I would assume there a many others who did the same.   As a weekend getawy from BKK I quite like Hua Hin  and have been 5 times this year   The car parks have been full of BKK registered vehicles at the hotels I stay at.  I dont believe Hua HIn/Cha am business would want to risk this income. 

• Like 1

Are people that have been receiving a paycheck this whole time making the decisions? Why risk anything if you don't have skin in the game?

Fear is not a strategy.