News Forum - Covid patients must receive a vaccine dose within 3 months of infection

Thaiger

The Department of Disease Control says Covid-19 patients who’ve never been vaccinated must receive 1 dose within 3 months of contracting the virus. Nation Thailand reports government spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul as saying people who have recovered from Covid-19 remain at risk of contracting the highly-contagious Delta variant. Traisulee says the guidelines from health officials are that recovered patients who’ve never been vaccinated, or who are not fully vaccinated, should receive 1 dose of any type of Covid-19 vaccine within 1 – 3 months of becoming infected. She says patients who are already fully vaccinated do not need another dose, but […]

The post Covid patients must receive a vaccine dose within 3 months of infection appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Where is the research for this? This claim is totally non-science.

Israel has been described thus ‘With early vaccination and outstanding data, the country is the real life Covid-19 lab’. So look at the data - 

In Israel right now, if you have had any Covid infection, you are 13 times LESS likely to be infected by the new Delta variant  - from natural immunity - than if you have been vaccinated. If you have been vaccinated, the Israel research shows you are 2.26 times more protected if you had the vaccination in the past 3 months over vaccination more than 6 months ago. Science Magazine (16 August) describes the vaccines as offering ‘Waning protection’. 

This has nothing to do with being a vaxer or an anti-vaxer. My post is about research. Science.

Why would anyone who understands virology and immunity possibly want you to be vaccinated AFTER you developed natural immunity? People who developed SARS-Cov-1 still have immunity today, 17 years later.

• Like 9
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Thaichris said:

Where is the research for this? This claim is totally non-science.

Israel has been described thus ‘With early vaccination and outstanding data, the country is the real life Covid-19 lab’. So look at the data - 

In Israel right now, if you have had any Covid infection, you are 13 times LESS likely to be infected by the new Delta variant  - from natural immunity - than if you have been vaccinated. If you have been vaccinated, the Israel research shows you are 2.26 times more protected if you had the vaccination in the past 3 months over vaccination more than 6 months ago. Science Magazine (16 August) describes the vaccines as offering ‘Waning protection’. 

This has nothing to do with being a vaxer or an anti-vaxer. My post is about research. Science.

Why would anyone who understands virology and immunity possibly want you to be vaccinated AFTER you developed natural immunity? People who developed SARS-Cov-1 still have immunity today, 17 years later.

Well, that is the whole problem.

After you have been infected with COVID-19 your natural immunity doesn't last a lifetime. Research shows that it lasts approx. 6 months and not necessarily against other strains than the one that you were initially infected with.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

After you have been infected with COVID-19 your natural immunity doesn't last a lifetime. Research shows that it lasts approx. 6 months and not necessarily against other strains than the one that you were initially infected with.

I have no doubt the flat earthers will be crawling out soon to dispel that statement of fact

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

I have no doubt the flat earthers will be crawling out soon to dispel that statement of fact

As long as they do it from the other side of the earth and I can't see it 🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

antibodies last about 6 month, i got it, but it's not just about antibodies. Antibodies are response to the viral infection or vaccines and recede soon after a virus is cleared from the body, but longer-lasting cells make antibodies: memory B cells patrol the blood for reinfection, while bone marrow plasma cells (BMPCs) hide away in bones, trickling out antibodies for decades as it was already researched with other types of viruses. I don't think SARS virus is any different at this point.

This article is about chancing a stars when you clearly didn't fix more imminent danger, when most population is vaccinated, you can boost and boost, until the, please don't let people die unprotected. Vast majority of Thais didn't get a first jab yet. Now the panic assured when government will limit access to those who was less fortunate. No jab, no food? How far you can take it? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

antibodies last about 6 month, i got it, but it's not just about antibodies. Antibodies are response to the viral infection or vaccines and recede soon after a virus is cleared from the body, but longer-lasting cells make antibodies: memory B cells patrol the blood for reinfection, while bone marrow plasma cells (BMPCs) hide away in bones, trickling out antibodies for decades as it was already researched with other types of viruses. I don't think SARS virus is any different at this point.

This article is about chancing a stars when you clearly didn't fix more imminent danger, when most population is vaccinated, you can boost and boost, until the, please don't let people die unprotected. Vast majority of Thais didn't get a first jab yet. Now the panic assured when government will limit access to those who was less fortunate. No jab, no food? How far you can take it? 

I agree that they've c*ocked it up hugely with wrong decisions and delays.

And that's when you get the point when more irrational decisions are taken in panic or to save face.

I am assured by Thais and by reading lots of posts here, that nobody is dying of starvation because of Covid. But of course I agree that the economic situation is dire.

Yet, with a clear head, many more people will unnecessarily die or get seriously sick if we just "open up".

Vaccine stocks are now flowing in and they must be jabbed a.s.a.p. 

THEN you open up. We all managed 18 months. We will manage 1-2-3 months more before we reliably open up some areas when a level of protection is reached.

200-300 Deaths a day, as over the last few months, is a nameless figure. Unless your loved one is part of it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Hold on a sec... Isn't recovering from virus produce almost a lifetime protection? No?... Sorry 

No!

The protection wanes, and a subsequent vaccine doubles the protection from natural immunity.

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

where did you hear this nonsense? your cells have lifetime memory, how do you think people have built up immunity to other viruses over thousands of years of evolution? this whole booster shot deal is also a scam to get people on a subscription model for life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaichris said:

Why would anyone who understands virology and immunity possibly want you to be vaccinated AFTER you developed natural immunity? 

Because they keep up to date and know that the latest data shows that being vaccinated after being infected halves your chances of being re-infected compared to someone who's only been infected.

It's absolutely stupid to vaccinate those with natural immunity as a priority before you've vaccinated everyone else, as this proposes, but they should certainly be vaccinated when vaccines are available.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

where did you hear this nonsense? your cells have lifetime memory, how do you think people have built up immunity to other viruses over thousands of years of evolution? this whole booster shot deal is also a scam to get people on a subscription model for life.

The clue is in your own quote when you say "other viruses".

And they are combatted by different vaccines.

Suffices to give you one example that you can quickly look up and verify:

The Hepatitis B virus. And it's vaccines. And the following non-lifelong protection. Hence its regular boosters.

And on a different train of thought: Nobody trusts them much, but do you think a government that didn't even really want to spend the money on the first lot of vaccines, then happily goes along and purchases boosters if they're not required?

A simple Google search will explain the pharmacological evidence for it all, just avoid the disinformation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

I suggest you do a little bit of research, here or anywhere else, before being so quick to describe what's been clearly established (although not yet peer-reviewed) as "nonsense"!

Infected once (or more) does NOT give you "lifetime" immunity from Covid or from many other viruses.

If you're serious, do some research.

If you're an anti-vaxx nut-job, up to you as I can't be bothered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The clue is in your own quote when you say "other viruses".

And they are combatted by different vaccines.

Suffices to give you one example that you can quickly look up and verify:

The Hepatitis B virus. And it's vaccines. And the following non-lifelong protection. Hence its regular boosters.

And on a different train of thought: Nobody trusts them much, but do you think a government that didn't even really want to spend the money on the first lot of vaccines, then happily goes along and purchases boosters if they're not required?

A simple Google search will explain the pharmacological evidence for it all, just avoid the disinformation.

It's not even as simple as that for protection / immunity, as even where prior infection gives you immunity, with many it only protects you from the variant you had but not from other variants - dengue fever is a prime example in Thailand.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

It's not even as simple as that for protection / immunity, as even where prior infection gives you immunity, with many it only protects you from the variant you had but not from other variants - dengue fever is a prime example in Thailand.

I'm not going into detail if they clearly haven't bothered to look into it themselves. Even now the reply is "don't believe it". 

Troll or new CCC member. Either way, good luck to them.

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It doesn't last 6 months it lasts longer. I have in fact read the fore mentioned study. It was published on medRxiv, you should go read it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, atiger said:

Israel are already offering 3rd booster shots and talking about 4th shots because clearly, 2 shots doesn't provide long lasting protection. They have days of more than 50 deaths even when 80% are vaccinated proving the vaccine is less than 50% effective.

The biggest risk factor for covid is obesity and anxiety. The government should be focusing on fixing these underlying health conditions.

1432819452_UnderlyingMedicalCondition.thumb.png.09e5ab6e43b5fd0cc3520e5a83abf2c9.png

23 minutes ago, Ordinarybloke said:

It doesn't last 6 months it lasts longer. I have in fact read the fore mentioned study. It was published on medRxiv, you should go read it

Well, now we know which one of the two I mentioned, it is 🥴

Another hijack of a good topic.

@Stonker you're more patient 

I think the "elephant in the room" (a let's face it, that saying should be immediately beunderstandable to Thais), is the lack of vaccine supply! It's all well and good to make pronouncements about vaccinating people who have recovered, but there isn't enough to even give one dose to the whole population.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the "elephant in the room" (a let's face it, that saying should be immediately beunderstandable to Thais), is the lack of vaccine supply! It's all well and good to make pronouncements about vaccinating people who have recovered, but there isn't enough to even give one dose to the whole population.

Sure, and that could be a reason for another delay.

But that does not disprove the medical need for it.

47 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Yup, I wrote that in post #52540, about 2 meters ⬆️

1 hour ago, atiger said:

I think it does and it's far more protective than any amount of vaccine.

You're entitled to "think" whatever you like, but there isn't a single reputable scientist in any position of responsibility who agrees with you.

Not one.

The science is simply that:

1) Vaccination gives you some protection from a virus that, if you're not vaccinated, is far more likely to either kill you or cause you long-lasting harm.

2) If you do catch Covid after you've been vaccinated you will still get the same level of protection in terms of post-infection immunity as someone who wasn't vaccinated (as long as you're not dead or seriously affected) but with far less chance of having been killed or seriously affected by it.

3)If you get vaccinated after being infected, either as a 'booster' or first shot, your protection is doubled.

58 minutes ago, atiger said:

Israel are already offering 3rd booster shots and talking about 4th shots because clearly, 2 shots doesn't provide long lasting protection. They have days of more than 50 deaths even when 80% are vaccinated proving the vaccine is less than 50% effective.

The biggest risk factor for covid is obesity and anxiety. The government should be focusing on fixing these underlying health conditions.

1432819452_UnderlyingMedicalCondition.thumb.png.09e5ab6e43b5fd0cc3520e5a83abf2c9.png

Instead of just posting unsourced charts / data which may be valid or may be absolute garbage it would give them a lot more credibility (or a lot less) if you also gave a source.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

This statement is totally misleading. And you quote no research - here is the NIH research 10 months ago showing immunity is still strong after 8 months - https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting-immunity-found-after-recovery-covid-19

and the Israel research showed Natural immunity was 13 times greater than protection from the vaccine. Even on Delta.

Edited by King Cotton
Duplicated quote deleted.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Natural immunity is far stronger than vaccines.

There are credible studies demonstrating this.

Vaccine protection wanes in the months after the shot. The vaccines are not without risks but older and unhealthy people should definitely take them. No reason to insist on younger, healthy people take them. 

Vaccine passports will not persist. Here today, gone tomorrow. Thank God. 

• Like 2