News Forum - Friday Covid Update: 271 deaths and 14,653 new cases

Thaiger

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Speak Chinese, extra thumb and tail. If you had to pay, you really would have got your money’s worth. Next you will be on your way to Phuket to make there day.

Depends on the price...

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Couldn't read the label.

Maybe reading Chinese comes with the second shot? Scared to think the other bonuses you will get as well.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

For once I shall be serious. My wife is an anti vaxxer as you may have read in some of my other postings.  Now when I told her I was going for my 1st shot all the BS she had read on FB came out so much so I got lucky and she didn't speak to me all night !!.  Now she did come with me the following day and the reason she got so uptight is that she was worried that I would a) Die within a few hours, b) Not be able to walk or C) have some other permanent debilitating side effect, all total crap she read and believed. 

Tell you all that fake news which is allowed to spread on FB I hope is rewarded by karma and Zuckerberg's penis rots and falls off, his tongue disappears and all his bank accounts are hacked by the Taliban. 😂

Pity your wife is wrong as there would be 1 to 2 billion of us less if she was right. The wildlife of the planet would be having continuous parties with the hope that a couple of billion more would go the same way.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Not by far enough of it and too slow as well, but like YouTube, FB has started to remove disinformation.

As you said, impressionable people are deliberately mislead, which just isn't right in the name of "freedom of expression".

Hope many will follow the trend.

Impressionable ? more like stupid, since the days of cowpox against smallpox, vaccines have proven themselves over and over.

• Cool 1

Fixing the number of new infections is not good but at least please try to  make it believable. My province Buriram has dropped from over 400 to today's 81 all in less than a week. The Moto GP ain't gonna happen so why the deceit.

Edited by Griff1315
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Impressionable ? more like stupid, since the days of cowpox against smallpox, vaccines have proven themselves over and over.

Well, I choose different terms when it includes the wife of another friendly member here.

But if you feel strongly about it, why not try to convince @BlueSphinx and his (antivaxx) -oops- pro-choice mates in the CCC section?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

My province Buriram has dropped from over 400 to today's 81 all in less than a week.

They obviously ran out of test kits. Couldn’t restock in time due to the large rush. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, I choose different terms when it includes the wife of another friendly member here.

But if you feel strongly about it, why not try to convince @BlueSphinx and his (antivaxx) -oops- pro-choice mates in the CCC section?

One can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

18 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

And one other thought, with the advent of strains of bacteria resistant to most of the antibiotics in use today who knows whether any of these old diseases could rise again to kill a bunch of us off.

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Did you copy that? That's my line 🤬

Haha

Fraid not:

This phrase comes from the 12th century and may be the single oldest distinctly English proverb that is still used today. This phrase originated in English and is one of the language’s earliest proverbs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Disenfranchised said:

Fraid not:

This phrase comes from the 12th century and may be the single oldest distinctly English proverb that is still used today. This phrase originated in English and is one of the language’s earliest proverbs.

Sorry, wasn't haha ironic enough?

🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Disenfranchised said:

I am not so much antivac as I don't want something injected in me that really hasn't been that well tested after leaving the military I never got a flu shot and the only reason I'm getting this vaccine (if I ever get an appointment) is that it might be tied in to getting my visa extension. Other than that my feelings are if I catch it 1 of 2 things are going to happen 1 I die no problem cremate me and throw my ashes in the sea 2 I live still no problem. But that's just me everyone else needs to decide for themselves 

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Its on the net. In mandarin. If you really wanted to  read it...............

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Couldn't read the label. But can speak Chinese now... Is that a side-effect?

Uhh, haha, when I said I can speak Chinese now, I was sort of joking... ☺️

15 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

This is the crap why mRNA vaccines (not the other traditional technology vaccines like Sinovac) are a hard NO for me. And there are too many of these videos.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/AgNzkMcDITqP/

Thanks for this. There are a lot of these horror stories and they are being censored by the mainstream media and social media.

• Like 1

Thailand's lack of vaccine (as is the case in many other countries) has a lot to do with the fact that those companies (not countries...but companies), who will not give license for their vaccines to be produced in other countries. As far as I know,only AZ has given license t be produced in other countries. Tim for Pfizer, Moderna, J&J and others to front up to scrutiny!!

On 9/3/2021 at 11:17 AM, Stonker said:

But the death toll is steadily going up ...

Could you double-check (because it's wrong) and fill in the ellipses (because it makes no sense)?

If you do, just remember there's a lag of a couple of weeks (people don't die within seconds of being infected). Cases peaked around the 17th last month. Right now (it started 4 days ago), the  number of deaths of the latest wave has also peaked and there's a downward trend (as to be expected).

Edited by semrand753

8 minutes ago, semrand753 said:

Could you double-check (because it's wrong) and fill in the ellipses (because it makes no sense)?

If you do, just remember there's a lag of a couple of weeks (people don't die within seconds of being infected). Cases peaked around the 17th last month. Right now (it started 4 days ago), the  number of deaths of the latest wave has also peaked and there's a downward trend (as to be expected).

Analysis of delayed mortality rate fully correct. Only the number of deaths is not significantly decreasing yet and remains around 250. Will only go down if the proportion of positive tests wasn't manipulated by reducing the total number of tests. We shall see.

IMG_20210904_195526.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Analysis of delayed mortality rate fully correct. Only the number of deaths is not significantly decreasing yet and remains around 250. Will only go down if the proportion of positive tests wasn't manipulated by reducing the total number of tests. We shall see.

IMG_20210904_195526.jpg

I agree that your picture shows telling signs at most, nothing all too clear/definite. Here's mine that shows the trend more clearly (it's also visualization of raw data, but does consider aggregates, which were left unchecked in your screenshot):

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.78cf27530ae5a5d2a13c3b890ba6a7ca.jpg

PS: the blue line is based on factual & current data. The red line is based on an extrapolation and shows the expected future trend for the coming weeks. 4 days of a downward trend doesn't make it a sure-fire bet, but it makes sense and matches trends all over the globe at varying  moments of peaking since this thing started. I wrote the software behind this and am quite confident in its predictive capabilities for at least 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, semrand753 said:

I agree that your picture shows telling signs at most, nothing all too clear/definite. Here's mine that shows the trend more clearly (it's also visualization of raw data, but does consider aggregates, which were left unchecked in your screenshot):

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.78cf27530ae5a5d2a13c3b890ba6a7ca.jpg

PS: the blue line is based on factual & current data. The red line is based on an extrapolation and shows the expected future trend for the coming weeks. 4 days of a downward trend doesn't make it a sure-fire bet, but it makes sense and matches trends all over the globe at varying  moments of peaking since this thing started. I wrote the software behind this and am quite confident in its predictive capabilities for at least 2 weeks.

We don't disagree on the theory.

You could only base your extrapolated graph on published data of mortality rate vs the rate of cases testing positive in relation to total test numbers. As the total test numbers are not transparently published, your model is an assumption.

Hope you're right, because everyone wants the mortality rate to go down, but not everyone trusts what the government puts out.

I add the graph with the moving averages for full disclosure. Makes no significant difference.

IMG_20210904_203743.jpg

26 minutes ago, semrand753 said:

I did double-check, and I wasn't "wrong".

Whether that "makes no sense" depends, I suppose, on whether you blindly believe the case figures or not.

31 minutes ago, semrand753 said:

Right now (it started 4 days ago), the  number of deaths of the latest wave has also peaked and there's a downward trend (as to be expected).

I think you may be the one who needs to "double check your figures" if you think the number of deaths peaked "4 days ago" and that there's "a downward trend (as to be expected)" since then.

The daily deaths for the last two weeks, from 21 August to 3 September are (in that order): 261, 233, 242, 226, 297, 229, 273, 292, 264, 256, 190, 252, 262, 271.

4 days ago, on 31 August, there were 190 deaths; on 1  September, 252; on 2nd, 262; on 3rd, 271.

My maths is getting rusty, but as far as I can recall 190 - 252 - 262 - 271 is NOT a "downward trend".

That's five minutes wasted double-checking my figures I won't be getting back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1