News Forum - Phuket entry rules relaxed to allow residents to exit and return

Thaiger

A slight modification to the rules for entering and exiting Phuket will now allow people who live or work in Phuket to exit and re-enter the island more freely. Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong explained that a special permission letter that was previously required in order to leave Phuket and gain re-entry after would no longer be needed. With strict rules on who can enter and exit the island in order to attempt to keep the Phuket Sandbox as safe from Covid-19 infection as possible, a permission letter was previously required to be signed by an administrative officer for those […]

The post Phuket entry rules relaxed to allow residents to exit and return appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The main people who have damaged the quarantine, are the very people they have relaxed the rules on?

This statement mentioned Workers with if , but no mention of tests , or PCR tests!

How can an Island remain a sterile area, with confidence, if you are letting people come and go ?

Yet the People who have Gone to great lengths to fly in Internationally are more scrutinised , and deserve to be protected as the scheme first projected?

Spice61

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

Ive said that the Sandbox idea was good, not perfect, but a good idea, many times.

However, with a mixture of poor management, questionable vaccine programme, adopting lax border control for Thai's, mixed messaging, restrictions on tourists, etc, etc  etc, it has become a failure. This is evidenced by the poor numbers of tourist arrivals. Approximately 22,000, possibly a little more. This pathetic performance was before the second largest tourism sector after the USA namely the UK placed the whole country on their red list.

So taking all this into consideration,  the Sandboxes  original idea, of providing a "safe" destination or entry point into the country, I would argue is an abject failure as depicted by the daily infections.

Relaxing movement restrictions on Thai's entering or leaving the island, only serve to hammer the nails into the coffin lid.

Sad to say it, but people are not coming now, and it is unlikely that they will for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, riclag said:

How many days last month were they at or over 200 infected

Does it matter?

They're gonna do what they're gonna do without too much reason behind it......

I'd like to know what the number of current daily or weekly arrivals are. I suspect it has dropped significantly because most of the ex-pats and Thais using the Sandbox in order to return home, have done so.

So, now it would mostly be "regular" tourists, and with the UK effectively done, that number is dwindling. Sad. 

Thailand needs to allow any fully vaccinated people to enter (no COE) with just a "PCR test on arrival" and maybe 3 day quarantine at most. That would really open the gates, if that is what they want. It is certainly what they NEED.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SteveM said:

I'd like to know what the number of current daily or weekly arrivals are. I suspect it has dropped significantly because most of the ex-pats and Thais using the Sandbox in order to return home, have done so.

So, now it would mostly be "regular" tourists, and with the UK effectively done, that number is dwindling. Sad. 

Thailand needs to allow any fully vaccinated people to enter (no COE) with just a "PCR test on arrival" and maybe 3 day quarantine at most. That would really open the gates, if that is what they want. It is certainly what they NEED.

A number of valid comments, for sure . . . comments that many members are echoing.  And sorry I missed your debut post, the other day but thanks for that!

Hello, SteveM and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.       https://thethaiger.com/forum-guidelines-and-rules

Happy posting

King Cotton

21 hours ago, Rain said:

Does it matter?

They're gonna do what they're gonna do without too much reason behind it......

Agreed ..A key phase to keep in your head at ALL times as soon as you land in the LOS....."thai logic"

Also..Money #1........LOS has certainly been a teacher to me in the learning of "patience"

But will admit i become more 'thai" and less "falang" year after year of jumping between the 2 since 08'

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SteveM said:

That would make the most sense. TiT! 

Sad for sure.